Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Hurricane irene

hurricane-irene-nasa-photo-537x357.jpg

A 500 mile wide hurricane is tearing it's way along the east coast as we speak. News is making a big deal out of this. It's suppose to hit major cities like NYC and boston. I live in NYC and I'm not even prepared for this yet. This is as weird as the earthquake that happened along the east coast this week.

This one's even bigger than Katrina. I was in NYC last week but now I'm up at Geneseo. I should feel the effects but I don't think we're getting "hit" unless Irene decides to change direction at the last minute.

I don't think this will be too big of a deal though. I expect some damage to go down though.

Also,

tumblr_lqikwuuCoh1qjxf74o1_500.jpg

well yeah, news like buzzing about it so much.

just got skyped by my uncle that they were having at least 8 tremors after the initial Earthquake and now this. pretty tough tbh.

hope all peeps here that live in this part of coast will be fine, be safe!

I have so many friends in New York and the surrounding areas so I'm extremely worried for them. :(

I'm not sure how badly this is going to be, but the government isn't taking any chances. I guess they learned their lesson from Katrina. Lots of places in NYC and other areas have already been evacuted. The mayor also shutdown all trains and buses. I've never expected for a place like NYC to get hit directly with a hurricane. A lot of people are taking precautions though. Hopefully no one gets hurt.

@chianti

Yeah that earthquake really freaked people out. I actually didn't feel it. On the otherhand my neighbor said his room shook so badly he thought his apartment was going to cave in.

As a NYC resident, I will say that NYC residents don't know how to deal with inclement weather.

Snow? SNOWPOCALYPSE!

Rain? DROWNPOCALYPSE!

Earthquake? SHAKEPOCALYPSE!

While I think this will be a serious thing, I don't think it will be that bad, if you know what I mean.

As a NYC resident, I will say that NYC residents don't know how to deal with inclement weather.

Snow? SNOWPOCALYPSE!

Rain? DROWNPOCALYPSE!

Earthquake? SHAKEPOCALYPSE!

While I think this will be a serious thing, I don't think it will be that bad, if you know what I mean.[/quote

Haha. I know what you mean. I remember the blizzard we had last year. It shutdown the whole MTA and there was no train or bus service. Not to mention how many cars got stranded and abandoned on the streets. It made the plows job of clearing the roads more difficult. I recall foolishly trying to go to work and it was impossible walking on the streets.

But yeah, I don't think it will be as bad as they are saying.

As with all hurricanes, I'm more worried for my friends in Grenada and the people directly on the coast (like my family in Charleston) than for myself.

Be as safe as possible everyone.

Yea, my family had to mandatory evacuate since we're in Zone A, I think they're going to visit some cousins in the Poconos for the weekend to avoid it. Just hoping they and all my friends stay safe. Like Zess said we aren't really prepared for mother nature's wrath in the NYC, so I'm just hoping that they're all using they brains they were given.

The edge of the storm is now entering NYC. And they issued a tornado warning. Seriously, hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes in New York all in one week? Wtf? Talk about crazy weather. There's even talk about the city shutting down the electricity.

This shit better stay away from my country. We won't be able to rebuid if this annihilates us, we're too spread out and poor.

Much luck to everyone in the path of this beast.

heard it was weakened when it was got into NYC,

but our Prez said that it is not over yet and that people still need to stay alert.

a bit off topic tho, why is female name everytime?

they could name it X7S or something but came up with a woman name.

i feel rather symphatetic to all women that sharing their names to these hurricanes and storms.

Being from south shore Long Island, a lot of my neighbors left my block and went to higher ground. Strangely enough, it hit the day I was supposed to move up state for school, so our moving plans had to be pushed ahead a day for fear of getting stuck in NYC with no bridges due to the wind. Thankfully everyone I know is doing fine and didn't have that much property damage.

Sign in to follow this