HizumiX13

D'espairsRay

Wow. Not surprised per se but still. I never really liked them (save for SQUALL and Marry of the blood's remix) but they were the first band I ever saw live and they do play a significant role in my high school days as far as friends are concerned so it does still feel like a part of my childhood is going bye-bye. I wish them the best of luck though D:

This is obviously a few years too late. Should have disbanded after they turned into, which would be with theit first release after Mirror. Good riddance.

As much as I am serious with the first that I said, I'll write some more. With Hizumi being like he's been lately it's understandable. No reason going on without anything working out. So good luck to them all!

Should've disbanded after coll:set, gone out on their high. And eh, Hizumi's vocals weren't anything special, only the songwriting was anything of note about them.

OH MY :(

WRONG BAND disbanded, why couldn't it be dir en grey or dir en grey instead? :/

fix'd

#RIPDespairsRayRESPECT

let's try to make it TT

lololol

Oh gosh, I just wanna cry right now.

For some reason, I had a bad feeling it would come to this but I didn't think it would be this soon. D'espairsRay were one of the first bands I really came to appreciate and they introduced me to metal music. I really REALLY regret I was never able to see them live or anything.

Just when I thought this would be the best summer ever for J-Music . . .

WOW, Hizumi's condition is very unfortunate. I really admired his vocals too. :(

I'll miss these guys. They've played a MAJOR role in shaping my appreciation for music, and I still jam to a lot of their material to this day.

Thanks for cranking out some great tunes over the years, guys. RIP D'espairsRay. :(

oh and double-post:

Oldcheesey and herpes - your posts are borderline inappropriate. No one gives a shit when you two thought they should have disbanded. Yes, bands come and go and this is no big deal at the end of the day, but try and be a bit more respectful/considerate of the fans here.

TBH I'm not really sure why people are 'surprised' they're disbanding now though, since they've been on hiatus since god knows when and other bands have disbanded for similar reasons ( Unsraw for example )

i am not sure people are surprised.

Many have expressed they did know this would happen.

But still it is saddening to see a band that, let's admit it, have a quite large followers go.

I think it is more to, have themselves taken aback for a bit with this news is all.

Well fuck. I'll miss these guys. At least I've grown used to not having them around because of the hiatus, but it still really sucks. I'm so tired of great bands breaking up. In the last 3 years I've lost almost all my favorite bands. Just a few remain now. The day gazette disbands may be the day I give up on this music.

I forgot though, exactly what does Hizumi have? Like, the same thing Yuuki does? Something similar?

I read a translated interview where he says it is basically a result of trauma to the vocal chords due to a harsh, persistent cough (caused by what they assumed to be either allergies or pertussis). Someone correct me if I'm off the mark . . .

They are a vk band after all idg why everyone's surprised.

Also, never really liked them a lot, not even their old stuff or new stuff, they had a couple of good songs but that's all.

I forgot though, exactly what does Hizumi have? Like, the same thing Yuuki does? Something similar?

It's connected to one of his vocal cords, there's some muscle problem there (like the muscle cannot function properly), so there are times when he can't speak/sing at all ...at least that's what I remember from a translated interview.

edit: here's the translation; he talks about his illness(es) in the beginning

because my trachea contracted, my voice gets stiffed and aside from that I also have problems with some muscles of my vocal chords not working properly. One part of the vocal chords works properly, but another part withered away and as a result it does not constrict at all. Because of that my voice disappears sometimes and I cannot sing. Now I am going through a rehabilitation to restore it and re-build the muscles of my vocal chords.

this is a serious problem in the japanese music scene, the pressure to release music so fast is seriously hurting the musicians in a way they cant recover, it dries up inspiration and vocalists cant recover from their vocal injuries. There is a reason why western bands often stretch out releases a bit longer. Its not uncommon here to not release music for 3 years without popularity degradation. It gives time to heal and get inspiration to write and create new songs. Thats why bands here sometimes even survives multiple decades. How many rock bands can survive for 3 years in Japan?

Sucks though, i like DesprairsRay a lot. Their later albums werent that great but still nice. I consider Collset one of the best visual releases ever.

So speechless. Still, I want to thank them for all the music and inspiration they brought to me. It's really a pity I won't be able to hear their new material in the future. You'll be missed, D'espairsRay.

OH MY :(

WRONG BAND disbanded, why couldn't it be MUCC or girugamesh instead?

Why don't you s...?

Stupid post.

Ok Better I choose calm.

D'espairsRay RIP.

this is a serious problem in the japanese music scene, the pressure to release music so fast is seriously hurting the musicians in a way they cant recover, it dries up inspiration and vocalists cant recover from their vocal injuries. There is a reason why western bands often stretch out releases a bit longer. Its not uncommon here to not release music for 3 years without popularity degradation. It gives time to heal and get inspiration to write and create new songs. Thats why bands here sometimes even survives multiple decades. How many rock bands can survive for 3 years in Japan?

Sucks though, i like DesprairsRay a lot. Their later albums werent that great but still nice. I consider Collset one of the best visual releases ever.

Considering the speed with which the Japanese release media, D'espa were one of the slower bands actually.

Considering the speed with which the Japanese release media, D'espa were one of the slower bands actually.

Don't a lot of Visual singers not sing properly to begin with? I'm not a vocalist and don't know shit, but I hear some people criticize Visual singers, not because lol dey suck but because their method of singing is poor and complain that they will ruin their voice. I've heard that complaint tossed around towards whats his face in -OZ-. They don't complain saying he sucks but complain that he's not singing properly and will ruin his voice.

Feel free to correct me because this is just based off of reading YouTube comments looooooooooool (and other places like Last.fm, livejournal blah blah).