HizumiX13

D'espairsRay

wow, now I know of someone that's going to be positively gutted. :(

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself, but if they had any way of ending band activities I'm glad they decided to go out like this. Thanks for the 11 years of great music guys.

To be honest though, I saw this coming once they released antique. I just didn't want to believe it.

I'm really fuckilng sad, this is horrible......

Well I hope hizumi get better soon :'(

srsly has been dead a little par of myself...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm so upset by this... They were among my favorite bands of all time. They were the first JRock band I ever listened to... Worst news of the day...

I'm in shock.

Their getting to the point of disbanding makes me worry even more about Hizumi, he must be in a pretty bad condition if six months haven't been enough for him to recover. I'll keep on waiting for them though, somewhere in my heart...As of now, thanks for everything.

Well can't say i didn't see this coming, and they haven't made much worth a while in ages, but still it feels like a part of my childhood is now gone. They were my introduction to the world of music beyond radio, MTV and one hit wonders and they got me listening to full albums and look for more bands on the internet. Still remember how Coll:set blew my mind way back when and how i thought they looked badass with all that make-up and leather :D . Then again, i also remember when Brilliant was released and i was disappointed to say the least, and heart broken around Horizon's release. Didn't care for Redeemer and laughed at Monsters, but that's life. Might as well cherish the memories and listen to Coll:set once again, thanks for that guys.

Good luck for their future endeavors.

I just have no words for this, it's so sad ;(

They are great! Hope they will do a come-back....

its funny to see so many people grew up with despa

same here, first jrock/vk band i saw live, at Wacken 2006 and like the 3rd japanese band i started listening to after gackt and diru.

aah damn, hope hizumi's condition gets better someday and they do a glorious revive=p

as usual, didn't grow up with them since I didn't like them then, though I did end up liking Coll;set and MIRROR later on, the rest is a blur.

I do find it a bit odd that people are wishing for other bands to disband instead when the reason behind this is someone's HEALTH, and not musical differences.

though it would be interesting to see if the others will continue in the scene and end up in 'good' bands again. recreate that magic! or something. *shrugs*

OH MY :(

WRONG BAND disbanded, why couldn't it be MUCC or girugamesh instead? :/

I don't see girugamesh breaking up anytime soon. They are having too fun with oshare kei.

But i'd rather it be D'espa breaking up than MUCC. MUCC is still a powerhouse.

But i'd rather it be D'espa breaking up than MUCC. MUCC is still a powerhouse.

I'm going to agree to disagree with you on this one.

they all should have disbanded by now (and 12012 too)

except girugamesh are getting a bit better with their sales and popurarity

and I seriously doubt mucc are selling well.

its funny to see so many people grew up with despa

same here, first jrock/vk band i saw live, at Wacken 2006 and like the 3rd japanese band i started listening to after gackt and diru.

aah damn, hope hizumi's condition gets better someday and they do a glorious revive=p

lol, here aswell, first jrock-band i listened to. sad news is sad.

like most i wasn't really into their last two albums, but the last live-dvd was awesome and i really hoped for something new by them.

grmbl, day is ruined now...

The members have each left a statement on the homepage, HIZUMI's looking as follows:

"For the treatment of my through we have gone on an infinite hiatus and while having undergone acupuncture, chiropractic and Qigong, even now the restoration of it is not yet in sight.

Hmm... too bad about the recovery. Maybe if he actually went to go see a fucking doctor instead of hoping that fake treatments will help with a throat condition. I mean seriously? He thinks his throat condition will go away by sticking needles in himself, aligning his spinal cord or by exercising(that's the best description I could get of Qigong)? There's a reason that medical doctors specializing in the throat exist ;/

^ that is true. But perhaps Hizumi doesn't like surgery.

Or he sees it way too risky or something.

There'll be 1001 reasons i guess :(

Nooooooo! Yet another great band bites the dust, but it seems there was no other way. Hope HIZUMI recovers well, that's what matters now. Will miss them so much! =(

I'm so happy i got to meet them last summer. but so sad they are disbanding.

Hizumi please get better

It's a shame they disbanded but if they continued to resume activities, we'd have another UnsraW in the making.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Seriously, dammit. This is one of the few bands that I would actually be sad over their disbandment...I was already tired and meh because of how dreary it is over here today, but fuck. I will still love them and they will probably be forever my favorite jrock band, both in studio and live (though I haven't seen a ton of Japanese bands live). I hope Hizumi gets better......

This sucks. Once was my favorite band. Never got to see them live... such a shame.

Hopefully Hizumi will recover and there will be a reunion sometime.

I truly hope Hizumi does get better. He's a fantastic screamer.

And i'm like 99.9% sure the members will continue to be active in other bands. Interested in what the future holds for them.

I knew this would happen sooner or later but still I'm incredibly sad. They really meant a lot to me and were probably the only band I always loved no matter how much my taste changed, I somehow always felt they should play music together until their were old men having released lots of stuff people could complain about being so much worse than their old albums :D I'm glad that I could at least see them twice and thankful for all the great songs they released, both old and new stuff. Hope to see the guys again in the future, I guess at least the other three won't quit making music.

I feel terribly sorry for Hizumi though, I guess there isn't anything more terrible than this for a vocalist who's truly dedicated to his work. Hope that he will find a way to recover someday and return, it would be really sad if he could never sing again.