HizumiX13

D'espairsRay

Is anybody here a fan of D'espairs Ray? I know I am. I mean I'm a HUGE fan. I even used them as the inspiration for my own band, hARAJUKU KIDz. So if anyone here is a fan, tell me what you think of their music and what got you into them. I'm curious to know.

5.jpg

DR5.jpg

DR3.jpg

I have been pleased with their two albums so far. Coll:Set is without a doubt my favorite album but MIRROR is still good. Gotta love DAMNED!

they were the first band i've ever seen live but that's as far as it goes ...when they came to play that time i had their discography laying around but hadn't listened... so i put it on my ipod and listened to them every day since i decided to go to the concert till the date and the only songs that stuck with me was born and marry of the blood >._> ... then they changed a bit and i fell in love with squall cuz well i could tell the difference and i thought it was solid and i felt like damn i feel you hizumi for the first time... but by the time MIRROR came around i found most of the album to be rather forgettable... i only really remember liking the intro to the new version of kogoeru saita hana, squall, angeldust (kinda)...and that may be it ...sry

They Kick ass, they used to be my all time favorite band before i came to this forum, but then i learned about so many indie bands and they kinda went down on my list, but they are definitely in my top 3 favorite major artists, them being #3 and 12012 and the GazettE being #1 and 2. Favorite songs are Trickstar, Mirror, Hollow, Squall, Mary of the blood, in vain, Garnet, Born, and Tainted World

This band is one of my faves. And they did some new styles of songs for MIRROR which was cool. I made an AMV with In Vain[Coll]. That song kicks ass. Lol, it's funny if you read the lyrics ._o

This was my fave REAL J-rock band ^-^ (I don't count L'arc~en~ciel yms, because they are too poppish :P)

And mirror is what I call perfect album.

I love every song on that album, so yeah, it's pure awesomness.

I have their discography, I love D'espairsRay, but I don't like their early stuff, although I liked the Genwaku single and the Maverick single, but not a lot of stuff. But like probably around BORN they started getting really good. I love both their albums, probably equally.

I have the same thing for their earlier stuff :o

It's rather boring D:

But Coll:set and Mirror are both amazing albums!

My favorite band ever. There aren't enough words to say how amazing they are. I have been a fan since 2005 or something. But being a fan doesn't mean that I like all their songs, no. But almost ^^; I think I will never get enough of Despa.

Seen live two times. The last time was @ Ruisrock -festival here in Finland. And there was a signing session so I've met the band. They are really nice guys :3

And mirror is what I call perfect album.

I love every song on that album, so yeah, it's pure awesomness.

Same here. MIRROR is one of the only full albums that I've liked all the tracks of. Another would be Zekkeishoku from Alice Nine XD.

I thought they disbanded and my friend killed me for saying so. She shoved Mirror in my face so I listened to it and LOVED it. Unfortunatly the album is all I have by them, but I love it sooo much.

Currently Sixty8Nine is my favorite song, with HOLLOW close behind. <3

Hmm.. Are they going to release a new album in the begin of next year?

That's what I have heard o.o

I thought they disbanded and my friend killed me for saying so. She shoved Mirror in my face so I listened to it and LOVED it. Unfortunatly the album is all I have by them, but I love it sooo much.

Currently Sixty8Nine is my favorite song, with HOLLOW close behind. <3

OMG, you've only heard "MIRROR", someone get "Coll:Set" for a GENTLIE LIE!!!

I did like MIRROR, but I think in the long run, Coll:Set wins.

And I have not heard anything about a new album next year, you should make a topic in the Rumor section...

But yeah did anyone ever realize that this forum was named after "Tainted World" on Coll:Set?

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I first time heard Tainted World xD

I'll be uploading Coll:set

(I hope I have all songs :< I have the bad habit of deleting songs <.<)

You meanie >.<

I'll upload it to share it with some finns (in other forums 8D)

Now that you mentioned it, there's something about D'espairs that intrigues me:

I FREAKING love too much their music, being like one of my fav. bands, but.. I can't listen to them too much these days. ;_;

It happens with most of my top fav bands too (except 12012 and -OZ-). It's a bit unfair since I like them too much, but... ;__;

'nyway, whatever.

Ah, and the first thing I think when I see "Tainted" everywhere is their song. I had Coll:Set on iPod for 6 months.. or some more.

So I'm pretty used to it. XD

^ I have the same thing : o

I love D'espairsRay, but after I listened to them for few months (without listening to anything else -.-) I didn't feel like I had to listen to them that much anymore D:

I still love their music like.. helluva lot!

But I guess they are just too good for my cheap ears, lawls ;3

And it's my fave band!!!

Yeah, they're almost my top one too. XD

But by some evil doings my fav. list is kinda of weird... I have 12012 and Dir en grey struggling for the first place (with some advantage to 12012) and MUCC, D'espairs Ray and Duel Jewel for the second one (with a tie, 'cause I don't like the first releases of them three. XD)

Everything would be ok if it wasn't for the "fav. from the moment" bands that keep showing up, like -OZ-, Kirito, xTRiPx, RENTRER EN SOI and girugamesh.

Maybe Rentoru will join the 1st place's fight in a matter of time, but still... ><

*watching Spiral Staircase* it ROCKS! *headbanging*

Hizu's one of the greatest jr vocalists, yay!

*watching Spiral Staircase* it ROCKS! *headbanging*

Hizu's one of the greatest jr vocalists, yay!

I agree with you. Hizumi is one of my favorite vocalists, I think I still like Hazuki better, but I love Hizumi's scream where he is like still singing, I love that, like in "Infection".

And zombie, here's a list of their releases from JaME:

2007-04-11 MIRROR CD album

2007-04-11 MIRROR CD album

2005-06-29 Coll:set CD album

2004-07-21 BORN CD mini-album

2004-04-28 BORN CD + DVD mini-album

2002-06-05 TERRORS CD mini-album

2001-07-21 TERRORS CD mini-album

SINGLE & MAXI-SINGLE

2007-03-14 SQUALL (limited press) CD + DVD maxi-single

2007-03-14 SQUALL CD maxi-single

2006-04-05 Kogoeru Yoru ni Saita Hana - Type A ????????? CD maxi-single

2006-04-05 Kogoeru Yoru ni Saita Hana - Type B ????????? CD maxi-single

2005-10-19 Gärnet CD maxi-single

2004-09-01 -GEMINI- CD maxi-single

2004-09-01 -GEMINI- CD + DVD maxi-single

2003-11-12 Gärnet CD maxi-single

2003-03-26 MaVERiCK CD maxi-single

2003-02-12 MaVERiCK CD maxi-single

2003-01-20 Itanji CD maxi-single

2002-09-08 Ori no Naka de Miru Yume ??????? CD maxi-single

2002-09-08 Ori no Naka de Miru Yume ??????? CD maxi-single

2002-07-03 SEXUAL BEAST CD maxi-single

2002-06-05 SEXUAL BEAST CD maxi-single

2001-08-29 Sixth TERRORS CD maxi-single

2001-04-01 Kumo ?? CD maxi-single

2001-04-01 Genwaku ?? CD maxi-single

2001-04-01 Genwaku ?? CD maxi-single

2000-10-21 Kumo ?? CD maxi-single

DVD

2007-09-05 Spiral Staircase #15 Final DVD concert

2006-12-20 LIQUIDIZE DVD concert

2006-03-08 The world outside the cage DVD documentary

2005-04-01 murder Day DVD concert

VHS

2003-01-25 Ura video VHS pvs

2002-01-29 Ura video VHS pvs

BOOK

2005-00-00 LIQUIDIZE book art-book

DEMO

2002-01-21 Ura mania Theater ???????? tape demo tape

2000-09-26 RAZOR RAZOR tape demo tape

2000-01-29 Sakura ??? tape demo tape

2000-01-28 ?S?yste?M? ?S?yste?M? tape demo tape

1999-12-26 [ao] [?] tape demo tape

OMNIBUS

2002-10-21 Shock Edge 2002 CD album

2002-09-21 SHOCK JAM CD Edition.1 CD mini-album

DISCOGRAPHY : EuropeEurope

There's some dupilicates on there, but they're just different versions of the same CD, but yeah D'espairsRay has a lot of releases, they've been around since 1999, but I wouldn't really say they got good until around 2003 sometime, like MaVERiCK. But some of their other stuff is pretty bad, but they have their moments. Actually their first really good release to me is probably "Coll:Set" which was their first album