Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Hi There, I'll be your J-Rock Doctor Today. =)

J-rock doctor you say? Well, this is basically a thread for you all to vent your frustrations about certain bands. Tell us what you think is wrong with them and offer your opinions on what might make them better. Of course, everything in here is open to discussion/debate.

So in this thread, YOU ARE ALL DOCTORS. (some more qualified than others :P )

Name your patient(s) - name the band(s)

Give them a diagnosis - explain what you think is wrong with the band.

Give them a prescription - explain what you think could make them better.

Discuss

So, I'll go first.

Patient: D'espairsRay

Diagnosis: Sloppy vocalist, Redundant guitarist

Prescription: Get Hizumi some Ritalin. Kick Karyu's ass out of the band or at least get a 2nd guitarist! =/

and another...

Patient: Rentrer en Soi

Diagnosis: Well, ReS is quite dead.

Prescription: Slap some sense into these fucks so they can get back together and make some good VK again. Also, Satsuki needs to be bitch-slapped about 15 times for making that solo shit and mildly tortured so he never does it again. ^^;;

Harsh medicine =)

Patient: Tatsurou

Diagnosis: BEARD!!

Prescription: Take a shaver, shave your beard/mustach and you will be healhy again!

It's not that, that I don't love him, but I would love him MORE if he would shave that... thing.

(yours, Doctor - Patient love)

Patient: Dir en Grey

Diagnosis: Dir en grey shitty hardcore fans

Presciption: Kill them all so they can stop saying that DeG is the best japanese band ever, and also they keep forgetting that DeG WAS visual kei, after this happens I'll like the band more.

So yeah basically those fans ar ein the same level as other vk fangirls/fanboys with their kawaii and stuff. No just no.

Guest o hai itz will

^lol fail.

Today's patient is:

Patients: Sadie (though I like them), ScreW, VAJRA, and others

Diagnosis: Lack any originality

Prescription: start signing better bands that actually possess talent. But in the meantime, make these bands stop copying their sempai bands soo fucking much and get them to do something original for once.

^lol fail.

Why fail? It's my opinion.
Well, you can't really blame dir en grey for their fanbase...

They've been around for over 10 years...I don't think you could prescribe anything to get rid of their fans. Not even death... :P

^lol fail.

Why fail? It's my opinion.
Well, you can't really blame dir en grey for their fanbase...

They've been around for over 10 years...I don't think you could prescribe anything to get rid of their fans. Not even death... :P

Yeah I gues you're right, I mean even I think it's lame to hate a band because of their fanbase, but I really hate those elitist trolls DeG has :/ Or probably they should be Oshare now?

Patients: Mana

Diagnosis: Has been out from the map for far too long. Also, he need make the reunion tour for Malice Mizer for abroad.

Prescription: Should get 100 cupcakes and zillions of supports so MDM new release are fast to come.

imo,I agreed with jonjon's op. :o

Patients: BORN

Diagnosis: Overlooked much like the gazette's old style since joined PsC.

Prescription: should not copied same style over and over again.

Patients: DELUHI

Diagnosis: Music and style are sucks lately.I want the "old" DELUHI!

Prescription: stop trying to make your band into a "pop" band.

Patient: SCREW

Diagnosis: Apart from the horny fangirl-infested fanbase they have, their sound has been going downhill and turning into shit ever since over a year ago.

Prescription: Grow beards. And learn to compose. Or just get a new producer, I dunno.

^I completely agree.

Niw,

Patient: DELUHI

Diagnosis: Shitty vocalist with a horrible Engrish pronounciation who goes poppy as time went through, shitty song execution.

Prescription: Go seek and learn an intensive English lesson and how to sing with the said language, and please turn back into your 2008-mid 2009 awesomeness. All in all, just do polish your [the band] ability in executing the compositions so that your brilliant ideas won't end up being shitty.

Deluhi does need a few "anti-pop" pills. I know it's trendy for VK bands to do the whole hardcore verse/poppy chorus thing, but imo Deluhi was never good at it.

I'd also suggest that their vocalist limit his use of English...but the Japanese think it sounds cool, so...

Patients: BORN

Diagnosis: Overlooked much like the gazette's old style since joined PsC.

Prescription: should not copied same style over and over again.

BORN hasn't released anything since they've joined PSC. Do agree that they're overlooked, especially since they're one of the best indies acts around.

Patient: X Japan

Diagnosis: Surviving only on pure hype and repetitive releases of compilation albums

Prescription: Spend some time in the studio focusing on new material (and improving); seriously you only have four original albums total and your career has been how long?

Patient: SCREW

Diagnosis: Shitty vocalist, bad compositions

Prescription: Kick Byou out of the band and get a new vocalist. Composition can be worked on later, first get that horrible vocalist out of the band.

I don't get why so many people love SCREW. Their compositions suck ass, the singer sucks ass and the songs are completely unoriginal.

Guest o hai itz will

( I will admit DEG has one of the shittiest fanbase, but so doesn't every other J-Rock / VK band. )

I have another:

Patient: Rentrer en soi

Diagnosis: Disbanded because they had "nothing left to offer" to music.

Prescription: Get the fuck back together, make Satsuki drop the Kyo-sama praise, and then release music once more. Their album THE BOTTOM OF CHAOS is one of the best I've ever heard, we need more of this!

Patient: defspiral

Diagnosis: They're writing only anime tunes that are utter shit as musical pieces taken out of context. They haven't released one song that hasn't been used in an anime yet. They're The Underneath without the bite, the push, the ESSENCE that made The Underneath so unique. Now they just sound old and tired.

Prescription: Turn the volume up to 11, put the crunch in the guitars and the kick ass back in the composition. TAKA needs to scream. Just because you're missing TAL doesn't mean you can fucking suck.

( I will admit DEG has one of the shittiest fanbase, but so doesn't every other J-Rock / VK band. )

Indeed. I've found that to truly see a band for what they are, you'll have to distance yourselves from all the fans and all the hype.

I've been able to get into plenty of music (including DeG) because I was able to disassociate myself from the stigma of stereotypes and popular opinion.

That's not always easy to do, though...it takes time in most cases.

I have another:

Prescription: Get the fuck back together, make Satsuki drop the Kyo-sama praise, and then release music once more. Their album THE BOTTOM OF CHAOS is one of the best I've ever heard, we need more of this!

lol, you and I are on the same page. ReS was my #1 VK band and the very first Japanese rock band that I got into back in late 04 (or early 05).

I also agree that Kyo's influence was a negative for the band. I understand how much Satsuki must've admired/respected him, but only Kyo can do Kyo. Satsuki should never have attempted harsh vocals or that mumbling stuff. I liked Satsuki's vocals most on Sphire Croid and relative releases.

Patient: SuG

Diagnosis: Scary vocalist and no sense of music

Prescription: Kick Takeru out of the band and start to make real music, not that shitty stuff you make now.

Guest o hai itz will

Indeed. I've found that to truly see a band for what they are, you'll have to distance yourselves from all the fans and all the hype.

I've been able to get into plenty of music (including DeG) because I was able to disassociate myself from the stigma of stereotypes and popular opinion.

That's not always easy to do, though...it takes time in most cases.

I have another:

lol, you and I are on the same page. ReS was my #1 VK band and the very first Japanese rock band that I got into back in late 04 (or early 05).

I also agree that Kyo's influence was a negative for the band. I understand how much Satsuki must've admired/respected him, but only Kyo can do Kyo. Satsuki should never have attempted harsh vocals or that mumbling stuff. I liked Satsuki's vocals most on Sphire Croid and relative releases.

I like to think I'm not apart of the general fanbase...but I sometimes fall into it and appear to be a rabid fanboy when people start dissing them haha. I love them etc, but I am not delusional like soo many are. Though I come off as such sometimes haha

And yeah, Satsuki idolized him too much (they even have some of the same tattoos). He just needs to go back to doing what he does best, Renter en soi.

Patient: Lycaon

Diagnosis: gone insane and think they are hookers in Alice's wonderland

Prescription: either change EVERYTHING or disband

Patient: ViViD

Diagnosis: Too much kawaiiness that they suck at everything they do and make everyone go blind.

Prescription: Focus on your compositions instead of making fangirls drool over you or disband. Second choice is the best one though.

Patient: alice nine.

Diagnosis: Their music's so shitty nowadays that it's not even funny. And the worst thing is that Shou STILL sounds like a horny cat.

Prescription: Just disband. Or kick Shou out. Or both.

Patients: MARIO†CHILD

Diagnosis: Many shitty guitar pro samples in recordings

Prescription: Use instruments for the songs!

Guest o hai itz will

Since these are soo fun, I'll do a few more:

Patient: Yoshiki

Diagnosis: Stop promoting your band by always mentioning Hide's death. Stop marketing the guy, it's bad taste and makes you look like an idiot. Besides, you and X Japan are washed up and don't even deserve a "comeback"

Prescription: Go back to doing soundtracks and stop trying so hard to become some sort of legendary band. You had your time, now move along.

Sign in to follow this