Sign in to follow this  
Raycoo

-OZ- new single release

I'm not so sure they've changed their name - their official website (http://www.territory-oz.com/) doesn't reflect the switch, and on their listing of live performances it still has -OZ- all the way up to their last announced show, which is

<8月27日>

高田馬場AREA

(PS COMPANY PRESENTS『地中楼閣-チチュウロウカク-その147』 )

出演:-OZ- / ベルベット / Para:noir / BORN / HERO / L&DS

【チケット】

6/5(日)より発売!

・ローソンチケット(L:79374)

※各バンド予約なし

(問)PS COMPANY Co.,Ltd./Indie PSC./TEL:03-5355-3822

OPEN17:00/START17:30 ADV¥3,000(D別)/DAY¥3,500(D別)

Doesn't matter.

Still, they are unsearchable by google.

They could do better with OZ, no that it is THAT important,

as long as music delivers. Well, imo. <--- i need to put this "imo" thing, so none will with argue me LOL

I'm not so sure they've changed their name - their official website (http://www.territory-oz.com/) doesn't reflect the switch, and on their listing of live performances it still has -OZ- all the way up to their last announced show, which is
<8月27日>

高田馬場AREA

(PS COMPANY PRESENTS『地中楼閣-チチュウロウカク-その147』 )

出演:-OZ- / ベルベット / Para:noir / BORN / HERO / L&DS

【チケット】

6/5(日)より発売!

・ローソンチケット(L:79374)

※各バンド予約なし

(問)PS COMPANY Co.,Ltd./Indie PSC./TEL:03-5355-3822

OPEN17:00/START17:30 ADV¥3,000(D別)/DAY¥3,500(D別)

Yeah I have the same feeling actually. I mean, they have changed their logo once already, and it has the line striking through which is similar to having - on either side. I wouldn't think they would change their logo yet again so soon. They will always be -OZ- for me regardless.

Bands change their logos all the time, sometimes two or three times in a single "record era". Change in logo =/= change in name.

Now if they change it in the liner notes of the new CD as well as the ID3 tags, then that's something different. Normally, when bands change their names they announce it. I don't think -OZ- considers it all that important to announce they're dropping the - from the logo but not changing their name.

VK Fans: noticing small details and making things more confusing since 2003.

Haha who cares about adding or removing the -'s?

Well, I think it's just plain dumb that in the year 2011 there are still artists who don't check the names they want to use. :?

I agree with Zesshoku about this.

I wouldn't even say it's a "change" because they didn't change the actual NAME, it would more be a change in the stylization.

Same with NEGA who just began to use the latin transcription instead of their katakana, they didn't change the NAME but only the stylization.

It's so embarrasing every time a band is doing something with their band name, everybody take it dead seriously and going crazy starting bitching about tags on Last.fm (and creating the new profiles although it's not even necessary) Also, the fact that people even start bothering about ID3-tags "because there's already is a band named Oz" is just FACEPALM DELUXE.

But visual kei-fans are mostly strange people so what should I expect?

you are like the most obsessive tagging person ever so i find it odd that youre taking this stance

on last fm neway

but yea i agree i never really use "new" names (unless i like them because why not!)

you are like the most obsessive tagging person ever so i find it odd that youre taking this stance

on last fm neway

but yea i agree i never really use "new" names (unless i like them because why not!)

Yeah I know but tagging correctly shouldn't be such a "problem" if people could do it propertly and read between the lines and recognize the difference between a real bandname change and just a logo/stylize change.

Creating Unicode-profile and "not accepting to share profile with other bands" is silly, that's why people start bitching and that's the biggest facepalm ever. ;) But we're going off topic now so I guess we should stop here :)

It's so embarrasing every time a band is doing something with their band name, everybody take it dead seriously and going crazy starting bitching about tags on Last.fm (and creating the new profiles although it's not even necessary) Also, the fact that people even start bothering about ID3-tags "because there's already is a band named Oz" is just FACEPALM DELUXE.

I think I've had my fill when I go to the Perestroika page and not only are there like six different pages because VK fans can't agree on one thing ever, but that there was seriously someone saying that a page was wrong because it used the Latin version of Ї instead of the Cryllic version of Ϊ. That's when it went from a common annoyance to "omg are you seriously debating this?". I think fans of VK will do anything they can to try and separate the pages of VK bands: unicode (insert vk band here), kanji vs. romaji interpretations (Sadie), funny letters that don't look different but actually make a difference that may or may not yield a difference (negastroika), using the stylization on the album as an indication of how to tag (seriously, someone said Unicode was closer to tagging system for VanessA because the logo had a BUTTERFLY on it and that because of that the proper character would have to be a Unicode character and therefore Unicode was the right tag). Only VK man, only VK.

Stuff like this makes the music hard to enjoy.

There ain't nothing like changing the band's name and causing tag wars in last.fm. lol vk fans and their tag wars.

OMG YES. Those wars always make me laugh. I'm changing my tags right away :lol:

Also, any reason why they are participating in a PSC event? I hope they are not a PSC candidate...

Takes me back to the days when Gazette became the GazettE.

'nyw, great news! Would like it more if they released a mini, but that's asking too much.

Also, any reason why they are participating in a PSC event? I hope they are not a PSC candidate...

They could actually be a good candidate to join Indie-PSC, now when D=OUT has going major and there's one place empty.

Also, I've heard that a lot of people think their new look is "looking to much PSC".

I would just be happy if they joined Indie-PSC!

Lol, it doesn't matter what changes a band makes to its name as long as the sound doesn't change too much. If it matters so much to you, you can have an -OZ- and an OZ on your music player of choice it's no biggy. In any case, when Gazette changed to the GazettE I accommodated and so when Versailles added the ~Philharmonic Quintet~ but this I won't change... I actually rather enjoy the hyphens. Haha.

nothing new. oz has always participated in psc events, if they were to join psc they would have done it along time ago imo.

Wind> their OHP has last updated at 2011/08/02, which is imo NOT as updated as their official blog

Zesshoku> imo such change is more than change of logo, as mentioned before, OZ is used as name of their official blog and also their one-man live is "OZ ONEMAN LIVE「AFTER VISION」"

Wind> their OHP has last updated at 2011/08/02, which is imo NOT as updated as their official blog

Zesshoku> imo such change is more than change of logo, as mentioned before, OZ is used as name of their official blog and also their one-man live is "OZ ONEMAN LIVE「AFTER VISION」"

Their live schedule also lists them as "OZ" instead of "-OZ" now, so I'd say Trombe is accurate on this.

in fact many bands do not make formal announcement when band name change, for some recent examples:

東京ヒーローズ --> TOKYO HEROES

ゾロ --> ZORO

Yeah I know but tagging correctly shouldn't be such a "problem" if people could do it propertly and read between the lines and recognize the difference between a real bandname change and just a logo/stylize change.

last.fm/audioscrobbler has been around for how long and people STILL don't get it.

I don't think they ever will.

Logo is still the same :)

Preview for Reverse dispels any ideas of them going soft but I'm not going to spoil the other two before the single is released.

Sign in to follow this