Sign in to follow this  
lukrecia

Rei Harakami Has Passed Away

a834539b73c23ab0e6c7f6cec99cfd12_500.jpg?w=480&h=320

Kyoto-based electronic musician Rei Harakami has died at age 40. According to music website Natalie, he died of a brain hemorrhage yesterday.

Harakami made his debut in 1997, releasing a self-titled EP on Sublime Records. The following year they released Harakami’s Unrest, his first full-length album. He released seven albums over his career, along with several EPs and various remixes. Harakami performed at Fuji Rock Festival, Rising Sun Rock Festival and Sonar Sound Tokyo during his career. He was scheduled to play this year’s Summer Sonic with Akiko Yano, who he had been collaborating with as Yanokami for several years.

Sad. I wouldn't consider myself a true fan of his music, but I really enjoyed his album 'Red Curb'. Rest in peace.

This is a sad day.

Plus, seems so many Japanese artists dying of Brain Hemorrhage :(

Take care of yourself, gais!

Rest In Peace.

RIP

I had to search his music first,but crap,he plays one of my favorite music styles.

I love this kind of more ambient electronic music.

I'll search for his stuff.

Whaat.

I'm far from being familiar with his music, except for a couple of remixes he did for other bands, but he seemed like a very respected guy within the music scene. May he rest in peace.

and no one will give a shit because he's not vk.

rip, between him and nujabes last year, Japanese electronica has taken a couple of big blows.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Rei Harakami was damn near genius...

R.I.P man :(

and no one will give a shit because he's not vk.

Let's not start this crap again, okay? It seems quite a few people here do care, so don't abuse this topic to bash vk fans, because that's just low and disrespectful.

This is your only reprimand. Any further attempts to derail this topic will result in deletion of posts and a warning.

Even I not never listen him or know how he was , Its alweys sad that someone die.

R.I.P

damn just about a week ago I was wandering around youtube finding some jap electro music to do my exercises to, and he was one of the artists I ran into

sad, I really liked a few of his works

Rest in peace

Sign in to follow this