Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Blink-182

2m0bgw.jpg
Blink-182 is an American pop punk band consisting of vocalist and bass guitarist Mark Hoppus, vocalist and guitarist Tom DeLonge, and drummer Travis Barker. They have sold over 27 million albums worldwide since forming in Poway, California in 1992. With original drummer Scott Raynor they released their debut album Cheshire Cat in 1994 and achieved moderate success with its follow-up, 1997's Dude Ranch, which went on to sell over one million copies. Raynor was replaced by Barker midway through a 1998 tour.

The band achieved greater success with 1999's multi-platinum selling Enema of the State, which reached #9 on the Billboard 200 on the strength of the singles "What's My Age Again" and "All the Small Things", the latter of which became the highest-charting song of their career by reaching #6 on the Billboard Hot 100. Blink-182 gained popularity for their irreverent sense of humor, and the follow-up album Take Off Your Pants and Jacket (2001) reached #1 in the United States, Canada, and Germany. The eponymously-titled Blink-182 followed in 2003 and was a stylistic shift for the group, infusing experimental elements into their usual pop punk formula which resulted in a more mature sound.

DeLonge left Blink-182 in early 2005, sending the band into indefinite hiatus. He went on to form Angels & Airwaves while Hoppus and Barker formed +44. Hoppus also pursued a career as a television host while Barker continued working in music as a producer and solo artist. Blink-182 reunited in February 2009 and their sixth studio album, Neighborhoods, is scheduled to be released September 27, 2011.

Blink-182 - Feeling This

4kMZ23T9VHE

Blink-182 - I Miss You

:wub:

s1tAYmMjLdY

Blink 182 - The Rock Show

z7hhDINyBP0

I can't imagine my teenage years without these guys. They're definitely one of my favorite bands. Love everything they've ever put out. Their last 3 album are my favorite with their self titled being my personal favorite. I'm really excited about their new album. I hope they have another epic sounding track like they did with Robert Smith of the cure on All Of This.

I'm not sure on their new single Up All night. It sounded a bit too much like Angels and Airwaves at first, but its growing on me.

i haven't hear their new single yet.

But i am still rocking their best album every now and then.

I love them. Dammit is cool.

i also liked Not Now and of course, I Miss You.

And some short skits (?) that they did on album and concerts like Fcuk A Dog :lol:

They're cool.

Loved them in the early years, but the new single is very average.

Only listen to about two or three of there songs and only one song by AAA.

Check out their last album. It's easily some of their best work. Great experimental rock.

Up All Night has really grown on me. I thought it sounded like Boxcar Racer with AVA but it definitely has a blink feel to it. And I'm glad their continuing with their experimental and mature sound.

Artwork for their new album.

Blink182NeighborhoodGb040811.jpg

For some reason I was expecting something a bit more colorful.

And anyone hear Heart's All Gone? It's a lot more energetic and has that punk vibe too.

Yes, Up All Night sounds a lot like Box Car Racer.

Anyway, Heart's All Gone is AWESOME. I think I like it even more than Up All Night.

Definitely sounds like something they could've easily released with Dude Ranch.

hm don't like the album cover art.

Reminds me a lot to Dookie by Greenday.

Though not the same. Just seems the same comic like technique.

Which will again trigger some fools comparing between the two.

About who the best of them. :s

But new music is good.

I ship it.

Heart's All Gone is fantastic! Please, more of this for the album.

hm don't like the album cover art.

Reminds me a lot to Dookie by Greenday.

Though not the same. Just seems the same comic like technique.

Which will again trigger some fools comparing between the two.

About who the best of them. :s

But new music is good.

I ship it.

Never understood why people have to argue between the two. I enjoy both of their music but they both have been and have gone into different music and thematic directions. Plus they're gone on tour with each other before and are suppose to be friends.

I'm going to end up pre-ordering this as well. I know there's a site out there already taking orders for when it comes, but I'm going to wait a bit longer. I'm hoping for a special edition or bundle type of thing for the album.

Tracklist out

1.Ghost on the Dance Floor

2.A La Mode

3.This Is Home

4.Snake Charmer

5.MH 4.18.2011

6. Even If She Falls

7.You Too

8.Up All Night

9.After Midnight

10.Natives

Deluxe edition bonus tracks

11.Kaleidoscope

12. Fighting the Gravity

13. Heart's All Gone

Wanna hear MH 4.18.2011, Even If She Falls, After Midnight and Natives. Was surprised there's only 10 songs on the normal edition of the album.

Ugh, too damn excited for this. I love Blink. I'll take 13 tracks, that's pretty respectable. They were just in Hershey and I wish I could've went. I'm hoping to catch them before they call it quits again.

5.MH 4.18.2011

guys, a tribute to the forum

omg so nice of blink to think of us!! makes me feel so special! :staru:

I'm expecting some of those 10 tracks to be lengthy.

And was 4.18.2011 really the date the forum name changed to Monochrome?

They had a song that was 6 minutes long on their last album. And they had 2 others that were around 5 minutes and a couple of others that were 4 minutes long. Of course they had some that were less than 3 minutes but their last album had 14 songs.

The music video for up all night premiered last night on fuse, vevo and their official site. it's pretty cool!

i wonder if they ever make any joke songs anymore?

those were rude but so funnay + random.

Or if it is safe to say they have leave that behind for good now.

Their last full album, the self titled didn't have any,

so maybe they will follow the path with this upcoming album.

and i just finish with viewing the video, thanks for the heads up.

And yeah, it was cool. It's still rebellious and having some story line.

i really love the cinematography, how the pictures were taken, it was fab!

god wtf is wrong with the users on this forum?

why were all of the proposed names for the forum so emo?

s r s l y

and lol blink182. is this thread from 1999.

Sign in to follow this