Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Lycaon - Aventure

In case you haven't seen it:

M2aRr_Rg_SY

It starts sooner or later. If you're agreeing with me it should be never.

I don't know about you but I really don't need a 320 kbps rip to determine whether or not I'm going to ever enjoy this song. I don't ever enjoy this visual kei ska-jazz hybrid but Aventure takes this to a whole new level. Like I said on Facebook:

EROS bought me the coffin, Nibanme no Onna nailed me inside, Aventure buried me in the ground. This is bad - really, REALLY bad, even for them[...]Truth is though I've been feeling like this ever since EROS though but it's only like they've gotten worse over time. At first I thought that maybe it was a one-time thing and that they'd be back to kicking ass sooner or later but they're not coming back. They're over.

The SE is lame. Sounds like someone's having sex really far away.

Aventure sounds like EROS x JESUS, except instead of being in a swing club I feel like I'm in a sleazy speakeasy. The synthesized horns that are supposed to lend a jazzy quality to it miss the mark and sounds like the brass section is angry and trying to attack the listener with their G notes. Plus, they overpower everyone else...except Yuuki, who squeals his way through most of the song because he's trying to sound seductive but he doesn't. Other than that, you don't really hear anyone else. Here and there a guitar riff will surface and do something other than keep rhythm (which is supposed to be the job of the bass, which I barely hear and the drums which are remarkably unremarkable). It's Suzaku syndrome - you have talented guitarists doing next to nothing while the synthesized portions carry the entire melody. The guitars should be playing the melody of the horns, the bass should be playing the melody of the guitars, the drums should be doing a little more, the horns should be gone, and Yuuki needs to drop down an octave.

My overall score is a 4/10 and that's only because I feel generous. Lycaon is dead friends. If you haven't gotten to this realization before, now may be your time. And if you still like this...well you're not going to be swayed by anything I have to say anyway.

I had high hopes, not for this, but for their new album, because of Jouyoku no Acme (I kinda liked it, so.)

From your review, I expected this to be worse, but it's still awful. Lycaon pretending to be jazzy... no. The only good mark goes to Hiyu to his bass lines... that's it. The song is nothing special... and I don't like it. Though I think that EROS and Nibane no Onna are worse.

5.5/10

God it sounds awful and a complete mess. Since eve left they have pretty much sucked.

I can't believe this is the band that released the awesome album "Royale Order"

D pulled it better with Mad Party.

Btw I fapped to the SE.

Mad Tea Party FTW.

The SE sounds like either Yuki having sex somewhere in the distance or Yuki masturbating somewhere in the distance.

shouldn't we like wait for the whole album to come out? just sayin'. though it does sound awful.

The new Lycaon just sucks... I am happy that I didn't gave out money for that single... ~

His voice is allready special... and just sounds nice for me in... more aggressive songs... but that jazz stuff... I don't know how they can be succsess with that in japan...

maybe the gals like it...

but for me as a man is the whole fan service too much anyway.. ~

But my last hope is for their new album !!!

lets hope the drop the jazz and raise the Rock !!!

Well it's more ska x Satoshi's 80's-inspired rock but that's what it is last I checked. Not too sure on the waves myself though.

From the sounds of it, they are trying to mix both elements of jazz and ska (if we're talking about Aventure).

The vocals are definitely "jazz inspired" but horribly.

The incorporated "digital" horns/brass instruments that are clearly not in the studio have a ska feel to them.

Either way, it disappoints me off the route Lycaon has taken. I wouldn't mind this "genre change" if it wasn't so bad sounding.

They could pull it off if they tried just a bit harder (actually hiring horn players for the studio) while not concentrating on this image.

I've heard so much bad about Lycaon after EROS which is why i've been avoiding listening to their recent stuff but this - this Aventure - is too much.

They were a promising band and since i've made it this far with them i'll give their future releases some tries (in the same vein i've done with girugamesh).

Royal Order was such a good album and i'm hoping they'll come back to their senses when they make another full-album however i'm not set in stone with that idea since Mio and Eve left.

not happening i think. a lot of their tour dates are starting 2 sell out so i doubt they'd stop here.

that said this is the worst of their pseudo-slut-jazz stuff. i like eros & nibanme a lot more. the se is great tho.

Enjoyed the song, looking forward to their "erotic album", lol. :lol: Actually these days I find myself listening to their newer stuff more than their old music. It's just more fun/playful (of course the old stuff is great too, but for other moods).

Sign in to follow this