sai

Zodiac signs/Astrology (you know what I mean)

i'm cancer...

am i the only one? :(

Nope, I'm one myself. And I'm looking for stingers as well Chianti!

Also a Virgo, yo. I once read that Virgo's are claimed to be more conservative which is pretty much me, 100%.

But I firmly refuse to believe in anything astrological because I find it to be a crock of shit but I won't be a despoiler on others spirutal beliefs. =]

haha I wouldn't say I believe in astrology in terms of being a "spiritual belief" and actually any respectable astrologer will tell you that signs don't necessarily dictate or predict anything as much as they're more so for giving one insight to someones personality (ie. why horoscopes are almost always crap) but I will say that it's actually hella interesting to study and read about and when done right it can be scarily accurate. I had a roommate who was heavy into the stuff and wanted to become an astrologer so she had a ton of books on the matter; so when I was bored I would read them and it ended up being rather fascinating.

It should be understood though that there is a lot more than ones Sun sign that describes a person. I'm a Virgo Sun but my rising is Aries as well as my Moon. Sun signs represent what you are internally and at your core, while rising is how you appear to others and the moon something like the feelings used to protect yourself but I always simplified it to being the mediator of the 2. You also have a sign for in each planet (eg. a sign in venus would describe how you approach love and relationships, Jupiter - success and fortune etc.), I can't remember all of mine from the the top of my head though. On top of that there are Decans lol; each Star sign is be divided into 3 periods. Using virgo as an example our decans would be 1st august24 - sept 1, 2nd sept 2- 11th and 3rd sept 12 - 23. I'm sept 16th so a third decan and that can slant to what degree of your sun sign you represent. I don't usually trust internet sources but for example the differences between the 3 are something like:

This is the first of the Virgo Decans and is ruled by the planet Mercury.

The first Decan Virgo personality is characterised by a disciplined nature, trustworthiness and generosity.

If you were born under this influence you will have a tendency to be very methodical, disciplined and ordered in specific areas of your life, while incredible scatty and messy in other areas. The order and neatness you give to the certain areas of your life, border on the obsessive.

As an earth element Star Sign you work hard to achieve al that you want for yourself. And with your highly disciplined and logical mind you work best in careers that require dedication, attention to detail and practicality.

You are entirely honest and trustworthy and if you believe a job is worth doing, you will do it very well. You make an excellent employee because of your work ethic and are respected for it. In relationships you are extremely loyal, dependable and faithful.

You have a very generous nature and like to treat those you hold dear. You so often put the needs of others before yourself and are seen as extremely caring and considerate.

The second of the Virgo Decans has the planet Saturn as its ruler.

The second Decan Virgo personality is characterised by brilliant organisation skills, a strong will and tactfulness.

If you were born under this influence you have a natural ability to bring order to even the most chaotic situations. You are unflappable, practical and disciplined and won't stop until you get the job done. You have tremendous organisational skills and can direct others very well with motivation, delegation and assertiveness. This makes for you being a great boss and superb manager.

You are strong willed and determined to improve and better everything and everyone – including yourself. You simply do not like things that are less than perfect. All Virgoans are perfectionists but you are particularly so. You also expect and demand perfection in others and so become disappointed when others let you down.

You are very diplomatic and tactful and are the sole of discretion. Secrets and confidences given to you are kept.

The third of the Virgo Decans is ruled by the planet Venus.

The third Decan Virgo personality is characterised by a reserved nature, an artistic sense and sensitivity.

If you were born under this influence of the third Virgo Decan you are shy, reserved and timid. You quietly go about your business without disturbing others. You prefer the known to the unknown and feel most comfortable with habit, repetition, and routine. You do not like to be the centre of attention but prefer instead a background role. You are reluctant to share your thoughts and feelings with others but once you get to know people and become relaxed with them then you feel you can be yourself.

You have an artistic flair and apply this to your dress sense and your home decor. You like to feel comfortable but also stylish. Your artistic flair can be turned to your advantage when seeking a career path as an artist, musician, designer or architect.

You are very sensitive and can be moved easily by your strong emotions. You love easily but can be hurt easily too. You care deeply about what others think about you. Your sensitivity extends to your love of beauty too as you have a keen eye for artistic merit.

And I will say the third is pretty spot on for me but I'm a bit flexible in the "routine" area.

I also used familial relationships as part of my observations to see how much actually held true between us. My father's birthday is the day before me (3rd decan Virgo) but he's also a virgo moon and ascendant. He is your textbook virgo through and through too; OCD as hell and everything. My mother is almost textbook Aries (3rd Decan and rising but she has a virgo moon iirc). Virgo and Aries supposedly make for not-so good relationships lol. The funniest thing about it is, they really do have like 99% of the problems associated with the relationship but somehow they're still married and are just fine (reiterating the fact that signs don't really dictate as much as they're supposed to give insight; any relationship is possible). I get along more so with my mother but given my astrological make-up it made sense. My brother is a pisces and my sister is a Leo...Also funny combos (pisces' dream world v. virgo's reality; leo's "I'm perfect bow down to me" complex v. virgo's need to perfect things :D; pisces v. leo also funny ) but we're all as close as siblings can be. So while it can be a fun thing to see how much is true and to try to understand how it works, people who actually use astrology to dictate who to love or how to live their life I would say aren't really doing it right D:.

I'm a Scorpio as well, and even though I don't believe in astrology I think it's the best zodiac to have cause it gives me an excuse to wear scorpio pendants, which are way cooler than cancers or pisces or whatever, and to own cool shit like this:

263508_183687741691462_100001507124123_510925_401721_n.jpg

I'm a Scorpio as well, and even though I don't believe in astrology I think it's the best zodiac to have cause it gives me an excuse to wear scorpio pendants, which are way cooler than cancers or pisces or whatever, and to own cool shit like this:

263508_183687741691462_100001507124123_510925_401721_n.jpg

very rad, Champ :D

I've never been terribly interested in astrology, but from what I've read so far it seems that I'm a pretty typical Virgo. Then again, I think I fit most zodiac signs quite well. It's not something I take seriously, though. Oh, and according to the Chinese calender I'm a Rabbit.

I'm supposed to be a Taurus, but I haven't really read in depth into how that equates with my personality or character - never been all that interested. I know I've always hated the sign itself just because it sounds/looks lame compared with some of the others. xD

My Chinese zodiac sign is no better. It's a cock, lol.

Taurus man is very hot on bed, dont ask how, i just know. ;)

And most Taurus men have expensive taste. And will spoil his significant other with all the brands and best things in the world to show that they care. :)

Taurus man is very hot on bed, dont ask how, i just know. ;)

And most Taurus men have expensive taste. And will spoil his significant other with all the brands and best things in the world to show that they care. :)

If only I were a Taurus man . . . :cry:

well i am Scorpio
Scorpio!!!!
I'm a Scorpio as well, and even though I don't believe in astrology I think it's the best zodiac to have cause it gives me an excuse to wear scorpio pendants

I am a Scorpio too! I have to say that I use it as an excuse to wear scorpion jewelry too. I don't take any of this seriously but I do read my horoscope in the local newspaper though. I've never used the Scorpio symbol in my name even though I have thought about it. ♏atthew

I'm damn near a textbook pisces :|

Necro'ing this thread lol. Yes, I am indeed a pisces. I've learned quite a bit about astrology over the past year and I've even discussed this to some extent with sai (I forgot you even made this thread lol!).

Supposedly, pisces are most compatible with Capricorns, Scorpio, and Cancer. Interestingly, I've been involved with 2 different capricorn females over the past year and a half and both were...trying experiences lol.

I did, however, meet a scorpio female earlier this year that I'm quite fond of. We haven't been really involved romantically, but I do enjoy being around her...she has a nice, chill temperament like I do.

But for what it's worth, two of my favorite people on this forum are both respectively a cancer and a scorpio (sai and Champ) - which helps to explain why we get along quite well I suppose, haha. ;')

pisces generally do well w. almost anybody, although it is a little bit more complex.
this site does a good job elaborating on lots of stuff that explains your basic personality traits for example - 
my moon in scorpio makes me a very opinionated asshole at times (omg guys that makes astrology official and the truest kind of fact!!!), but I do get a lot of scorpio attention and we generally get together beautifully.
I would love to have some cancer/taurus romance later maybe (not as perfect/flawless/fiercely divine as scorpios, but better temper overall), virgos r very nice too.

Nice nice Nekki-chan~! Very good website~.

My sun sign is Leo and my moon is Aquarius with rising in Sagitarius~. It's pretty spot on~.

Rising sign in 18 degrees sagitarius

You are known for being open, frank, outgoing and honest. At times, though, you are also blunt and quite indiscreet. Others have to learn not to take everything you say personally, because you usually do not mean any harm. You appreciate living your life in a straightforward and simple manner -- you dislike social niceties and consider them to be hindrances to real communication. You have lots and lots of energy and tend to become quite restless if you feel confined. You demand the freedom to do as you choose -- you must be self- directed or you feel trapped and anxious. With your abundant energy, you enjoy being outdoors, and you should be attracted to physical exercise or to those forms of sport which can help you burn off some of that excess energy. Very gregarious, you love to socialize -- your innate enthusiasm livens up any gathering. 

Sun is in 13 Degrees Leo. 
More than a bit of a showoff, you love to be the center of attention! But others do not usually mind because they tend to enjoy your genuine warmth and affection. Very spirited and willful, proud and self-important at times, you demand your own way. You are quite honest, however, and the respect of others is very important to you. You never compromise yourself and you pursue your goals with persistence and dedication. Your regal presence and demeanor draws you to positions of leadership and authority. But beware of being overly hardheaded, domineering, ostentatious or patronizing or you will lose the goodwill and admiration that you enjoy. Very theatrical, you live life on a grand scale wherever and whenever possible. Your strength and energy vitalizes those who come in contact with you. 

Moon is in 04 Degrees Aquarius. 
Very freedom-oriented, you must always be able to do what you wish, no matter what. You become stubborn and recalcitrant when others try to force you into a mold. You are a true democrat -- you are not a follower, but you enjoy being with those who are like-minded. You appreciate emotional self-control -- you practice it yourself and you look for it in others. You solve problems, including emotional ones, with your brains and intellect, not your feelings. Try to be tolerant of those who have powerful and obvious emotional responses -- not everyone is as objective, cool, dispassionate and detached as you are.

pisces generally do well w. almost anybody, although it is a little bit more complex.

this site does a good job elaborating on lots of stuff that explain your basic personality traits for example - 

my moon in scorpio makes me a very opinionated asshole at times (omg guys that makes astrology official and the truest kind of fact!!!), but I do get a lot of scorpio attention and we generally get together beautifully.

I would love to have some cancer/taurus romance later maybe (not as perfect/flawless/fiercely divine as scorpios, but better temper overall), virgos r very nice too.

Niiice! I always used http://www.cafeastrology.com/, but I like this one too!

It's funny because my moon is in scorpio too lmao. Well, yes you are indeed opinionated - probably one of the most opinionated people on mh, haha. I can be opinionated...sometimes, right? XD

Dude, I met one of the sweetest women ever last year and she was a virgo. Our life circumstances (and age difference), kind of made a relationship between us impractical, but I could only imagine how cool it would have been to meet someone like her that was closer to my age, and without so many obligations.

Nekkichi, have you ever dated/crossed any signs that you just didn't mesh with?

Aquarius in the house.

And according to what I looked up I can be.

Friendly, Humanitarian, Honest, Loyal, Original, Inventive, Independent and Intellectual. 

Intractable, Contrary, Perverse, Unpredictable, Unemotional and Detached.

Nice nice Nekki-chan~! Very good website~.

yay! my another fave is susan miller's astrologyzone.com, she's terrifyingly accurate at times (nice smartphone app w. free short dailies too).

Dude, I met one of the sweetest women ever last year and she was a virgo. Our life circumstances (and age difference), kind of made a relationship between us impractical, but I could only imagine how cool it would have been to meet someone like her that was closer to my age, and without so many obligations.

age difference is a big thing - it can work out in some cases, but at the same time, I don't know about your circumstances at all. virgos are smart, I value that.

Nekkichi, have you ever dated/crossed any signs that you just didn't mesh with?

it all depends... I do notice certain frenemy tendencies developing between me and mid/late winter signs, but again, one of my most influential friends is aquarius.

he's from completely different background than the frenemies in question tho, so that might make him an exception.

reg. dating - I'm very Russian in a sense I won't ever date someone I don't know really well, there's added constraint of having little time too - 

that leaves troublesome relationships out of question early.

I used that site. It said I'm pretty calm, like things to be systematic, I'm quiet, and tend to fall for people who make me look good (i.e. have status and money).

Yup.

Oh, and year of the sheep here. It's my favorite animal so I'm happy with that.

I'm a Lio and born during the year of the Tiger. So basically I'm a Liger.

I also don't believe in this stuff :U

But it's still totally badass!

I mean look at me. I'm a Sagittarius born in the year of the horse. So basically a horse-horse... ?