Pandabear

Last Concert You Went To (Now with Pics)

One of my friends is a big Soilwork fan so he persuaded me and a mutual buddy to tag along cuz yay, metvlz! I had only known like one album and a small handful of songs (all of them like a decade old, lol) beforehand but even this way the gig was highly enjoyable. You could really tell the band and the crowd were having an awesome time too, it was nice to get into. The music was pretty much perfect for this upbeat high-energy atmosphere with its mixture of melodic and br00tal parts. Been listening and re-listening to them non-stop since then, heh. :D

Here's a cool lil' vid from the gig that captures the feeling of it all pretty nicely.

post-9881-0-88252100-1386064020_thumb.jp

Saw GHOST yesterday and it was immense! The atmosphere were so thick you could touch it even before we got into the place they were playing, and they didn't disappoint at all. The backdrop looked AMAZING, the band looked AMAZING and they sounded AMAZING! Close to perfect set list and it was sold out, something which never happenes here, so that was pretty awesome. The whole thing ended with me (and everyone else) singing when my eye suddenly start hurting. I react by putting my arms back at my chest and down falls a guitar pick. It all ended really well. Happy as fuck!

Amon Amarth

I HAVE NO PICTURES BUT THIS WAS THE BEST CONCERT OF MY LIFE

Seriously.

They had Hell and Carcass as guests which were really amazing as well, but daaamnnnn, Amon Amarth sure know how to create the best show. Johan was his typical smiling self (I swear I haven't seen any other death metal vocalist smile that much) and his skills at stirring the crowd were masterful. He was speaking Swedish, so I could understand only some bits of what he said. They played all the fan favorites plus four songs from the new album. I was in the second row and made a lot of eye contact with Olavi who actually even tried to give me a pick, but everyone around me was taller (damned Viking blood) and they snatched it :( Olavi even gave me an apologetic smile :(

All in all, it was frikkin perfect, I love these Swedes to bits. I wish I could just attend every single one of their concerts.

The only "meh" thing was when someone spilled some beer on my head. It was quite refreshing at first, but now I just stink like a pig.

Also, one of the guys in front of me looked like Heath Ledger. No kidding.

Never went to the metal gig before, maybe this is the FIRST time watching it LOL

and I watched A Ghost Of Flare Live at Jakcloth 2013, in Jakarta, Indonesia. I am very surprised they invited AGOF to this event (they also invite TOTALFAT and Shores (but cancelled)). I didn't follow TOTALFAT so I didn't watch them lol, and they play in late hour. AGOF play in 2 days, in friday and saturday, and I attended all! The performance was amazing, I headbang and jumping around all the time! I have an opportunity to take photo with them in the backstage, and request to signed my CD. They are so kind, and kinda surprised while I show my Kodou album to them :D

Setlist day 1 and 2:

1. Intro
2. Rain Named Desire
3. Cocktail
4. switch
5. Under the Control Of The Black
6. Swollen Eyes
7. Kodou

The same setlist, but better in day 2. And here my pics:

kuazNs4.jpg

JDNkoIm.jpg

jvq7CDD.jpg

F4YxUyk.jpg

L8FPkJ6.jpg

swNCgIY.jpg
signed CD :D

mi0Yhk7.jpg
take a photo with their staff :3

rehearsal time

QJRo1ef.jpg

V4mtI3d.jpg

kBFAzXt.jpg

Saw Church of Misery and Monster Magnet last night, it was a blast! CoM were heavy as fuck (as expected), played some of my favorite songs, top-notch showmanship (and dancing lol) from frontman Hideki as well. MM was awesome too, they had their latest album from start to finish as the main set, then 4 old songs as encore (Space Lord MOTHERFUCKER yeahhh).

No pics but here are 2 random semi-crappy vids.

Blood Red Throne last saturday, and Alcest a couple of nights ago. Both were great. Especially Alcest were amazing. Everythig was close to perfekt. Dat sound!

TURISAS and Starkill last night. It was, like, 3 hours ago? Hah.

Pefect performance, amazing setlist. Starkill were pretty rad as well and they're all very chill dudes (except for the drummer, Spencer, he's kinda introverted). I had the chance to talk to TURISAS' Jesper, Kaspera and sorta talk to Mathias. 

This concet was even better than the Amon Amarth one. I was right in the front row (Kaspera even said: "You were in the front row, right? I saw you!" well, thanks, man, you rock) in a venue where there was nothing separating you from the band except for one step and the speakers. It was very wild and intimate at the same time, amazing atmosphere.

In case they're coming anywhere near you, I urge you to check them out. 

Went to see Protest The Hero at SOMA back in November for their new album headlining tour. It was a killer show, with some very good support bands from Affiance, The Kindred, and Architects. Rody had some very funny MC moments in between their setlist

Today (or yesterday, lol it's so late) I went to see Deep Purple in Helsinki with my dad since my mom was too tired to go.

I had seen them once already in 2007 but imho they were way better back then. They played almost exclusively songs from their newest album (which sucks) and I almost fell asleep during the first hour. Encore was full of great old songs and that was fun. Otherwise... meh.

Went to the MONSTER BOX Vol. 00 event yesterday. Alot of great bands!

Kiba of Akiba, MAKE MY DAY (ex. ashley scared the sky) , ARTEMA, NoGod, ROACH, lynch. , Eskimo Callboy and last but not least,

Girugamesh.

First time seeing some of the bands, most excited over seeing ARTEMA for the first time live. They owned the stage with their energy! NoGod was also very impressive, first Visual Kei band i have seen live, never listed to them before either! Their vocalist have a really great voice and he was really entertaning to watch jump around stage !

7th time seeing ROACH, great perfomance as always, best was when Satoshi and Miya join them to perform No Reason In The Pit! Girugamesh was as good as i remembered them from when i saw them back in 2009.  The songs from MONSTER sounds amazing live! And yes, Shuu's afro is glorious irl.

Might update later about the other bands!

1781895_699742563390571_965235426_n.jpg

ROACH performing No Reason in the pit together with Satoshi and Miya!

So yday i visited Jupiter concert in Warsaw.

Before the guards asked to stop, i managed to take some shoots with the band :)

qt68ivpx4hvfksw7axqx.jpg

I was a bit dissapointed into fans cuz for me it looked like there were less than 100 (mostly kiddos) ppl. Despite the fact, the show was like 2h long (including the encore with 3 songs). The extra stuff was Masahi solo, "Silent knight" from Versailles and their upcomming single "Last moment". The fans could touch the band members several times (pulling Hizakis hair) :D

Oh and i would be more happy if they would sell not only the merch but cd's aswell.

I hope that there will be more ppl in their shows in Germany and France. Those guys rly deserver it!

Oh yeah and my feet after the show (+whole day in Warsaw) looked like this (dont look if got weak nerves):

k87q1lg8lrleruptcbiu.jpg

Saw Iced Earth a couple days ago. Wasn't bad but I had a cold and my head hurt, so had to leave early before the encore. The opening bands were stellar however, so I headbanged a-plenty! Both Elm Street (old-school heavy metal, Australia) and Warbringer (thrash metal, US) brought their A-game, too bad that the crowd was so lame and unresponsive for the most part. Like, barely any people were standing around at the front, so it was pretty easy to go for 2nd row or so, lol. Oh well, at least I enjoyed myself. Also bought some wicked T-shirts! :D

I just came back from coupling live of Behemot x Cradle of Filth, with three guest : SVARTTJERN, Inquisition and In Solitude.

Guest are not bad, I especially like SVARTTJERN. Cradle of Filth are really good, Danny Filth is an electron xD and Charles Hedger was here, and on fire ^^ (and they played my favorite song, Nymphetamine *_*)

But My favorite band was Behemoth, really impressive, more particulary the bass player Tomasz « Orion » Wróblewski, which has a incredible presence in scene....

Probably one of my best live ever ^^.

So I saw Turisas yesterday and it was just as awesome as I hoped!

Sadly no pictures because I don't have a smartphone and I'm not taking my 800€-camera to a metal concert. XD

When I entered the area of the livehouse, vocalist Mathias Nygard, not yet in warpaint and stage gear, actually exited a neighbouring building and passed right in front of me and I had a total "OMG WFT IT'S WARLORD"-fangirl moment, lol.

Pre-band was Starkill, who were pretty decent and tried their best to animate an audiance that obviously didn't come to see them most and foremost.

I was standing at the back of the crowd, but I had an excellent view, because the room is pretty small and there's a small elevation in front of the sound engineer's table, so I was basically standing 25 cm above everyone in front of me.

Suffice to say, the concert was really amazing. I was a bit concered that the band would be a bit burned-out, since the Cologne date was like their 8th concert in as many days, but that was definetely not the case. Mathias was very lively, making jokes and interacting with audience.  After the first 2 songs he reminisced how they played the same location in 2006 and asked how many people had been there as well - only one guy in the audience stepped up. So for the rest of the evening Mathias would make the running joke that in 2006 that one guy was the only audience they had that night at all.

On another occassion he asked the audience who had to go to work the next day (since it was a weekday) - the reaction was semi-loud as best, so Mathias was like "That's about half of you? What the fuck is this? Greece?" - the audience was highly amused, the band's greek-heritage bassist - not so much. XDD

Highlight of the evening was probably the cover of "Rasputin", which made the whole room go crazy. The songs I personally enjoyed the most were "Holmgard an Beyond", "10 More Miles", "Battle Metal", "We Ride Together" and "Miklagard Overture", but in the end they were all pretty great. I posted the full tracklist in the folk metal thread, for anyone that cares. ;)

Saw DEZERT a few weeks ago... was an amazing one-man final

today I am gonna watch HAIM.... since they're cool as fuck

and next week I will go to the DIR EN GREY Budokan lives... both of course  :D

Went to the U-Express live event yesterday at Saitama super arena. fade, The Bonez, TOTALFAT, Fear, and loathing in las vegas, ACIDMAN, DJ STARSCREAM and VAMPS were playing. Was most excited for fear, and loathing in las vegas. They really delivered an amazing show! The other bands was pretty good too, never listen to VAMPS or L'Arc-en-Ciel but it was really cool to see Hyde !  I did not take any pictures unfortunatly, but it was a really great show.

Saw Kyary Pamyu Pamyu last night. It was a blast. Show sold out. It was good to see people of all ages waiting in line.The mix for her live songs were spot on and her songs from her second album, which I thought mostly weren't good as her first, are about 10x better live. Only disappointment was the merch table. One hoodie and t-shirts that weren't male friendly at all. A meh poster, $10 sticker set, a towel and a cheap looking inflatable pink bunny. Don't know why they didn't have any of her albums available for purchase. I think I'll just purchase my Kyary merch online.

Other than that it was super fun.

2_zpsd5a44cef.png

4_zpseac2e98e.png

Guest MollyMouse

Saw Kyary Pamyu Pamyu last night. It was a blast. Show sold out. It was good to see people of all ages waiting in line.The mix for her live songs were spot on and her songs from her second album, which I thought mostly weren't good as her first, are about 10x better live. Only disappointment was the merch table. One hoodie and t-shirts that weren't male friendly at all. A meh poster, $10 sticker set, a towel and a cheap looking inflatable pink bunny. Don't know why they didn't have any of her albums available for purchase. I think I'll just purchase my Kyary merch online.

Other than that it was super fun.

2_zpsd5a44cef.png

4_zpseac2e98e.png

OMG I saw her in chicago xD It was amazing! lol I even filmed some of it!

She had albums available in chicago though...huh. I picked up the pamyupamyu revolution album and her nanda collection album.......I also got a super big tshirt that I can wear as a dress XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n-DUdpCFWoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XftibcXJ_1g

Went yesterday to see Laibach and they were awesomeeee~ :) One of the coolest gigs I've been to in a long time. It was held inside Budapest's famous A38 ship, so the industrial atmosphere was in full swing, heh. They brought some cool visuals too (screens and nice lighting arrangements) and the live drums really upped the power of the songs. It's really characteristic of their poker-face humor how there wasn't any real MC between songs, only the prerecorded voice of the frontman robotically saying stuff like "thank you. you are the best" etc. :D Oh, and they divided their program into 2 segments, separated by a 15-minute "intermission" (band walks off stage, the word "intermezzo" and a countdown appearing on screen, light waltz music begins), it was...interesting. xDDD Everything was awesome, they played all or most of the new album and a great bunch of classic/well-known songs.

The beginning:

Another pretty cool one:

Saw Mykki Blanco yesterday night. Same place as above, totally different vibe. Some dude named T.E.A.M.S. warmed up the crowd for 15 mins with some seriously heavy-atmosphere noisy dubby primitive goodness. He got all up in our faces, it was really intense and fun. Then of course Mr (Ms?) Blanco, he was totally amazing - what a show! Best of all he climbed down to us multiple times, either to perform the song or just to dance or mosh. It was massive and all around awesome. Here's a cool vid from one part of the show he did down there in the crowd (too bad the video doesn't go on longer, one of the most killer tracks The Initiation started after that).

(feat. glorious cameo of my balding head in the bottom right, löl)