Pandabear

Last Concert You Went To (Now with Pics)

4 minutes ago, daintypersnicketydingo said:

Saw Hyde and Wagakki Band at the Playstation Theater yesterday. I'm so very pleased! Both Hyde and Suzuhana had even stronger voices in person, gosh I could listen to them into forever. Had to leave early to catch the bus home sadly but I'm still so happy to have heard Hyde in person. I missed L'arc~en~Ciel when they came to Otakon over a decade ago so it is wonderful to see Hyde perform finally. :) And really loved how Wagakki Band had such a range to them, not easy to somehow show off the amazing talent for each of their eight members but they did so beautifully.

I didn't get to go but can you give me an idea of what was Hyde's set list and how long his performance was compared to Wagakki band?

6 hours ago, Bangyanico said:

I didn't get to go but can you give me an idea of what was Hyde's set list and how long his performance was compared to Wagakki band?

Hmm, I'd say they had comparable performances in terms of length, but I had to leave early so I'm not 100% sure. I do know his entire setlist for the show though: Fake Divine, After Light, Inside of Me, Out, Don't Hold Back, Zipang, Who's Gonna Save Us, Underworld, Another Moment, Sick, Mad Qualia, and Ordinary World.

19 hours ago, daintypersnicketydingo said:

Hmm, I'd say they had comparable performances in terms of length, but I had to leave early so I'm not 100% sure. I do know his entire setlist for the show though: Fake Divine, After Light, Inside of Me, Out, Don't Hold Back, Zipang, Who's Gonna Save Us, Underworld, Another Moment, Sick, Mad Qualia, and Ordinary World.

Thank you!

I saw a bunch of bands lately :

- Blessing Chimanga (Afro jazz from Zimbabwé)

- Ziia (pop from Reunion Island)

- Saya (Maloya fusion from Reunion Island)

- Continuadores (alternative pop/rock from Mozambique) => really good discovery, I am in love with them !

- Grén Sémé (Maloya from Reunion Island) => again and again because I love them

- Saodaj' (nomadic maloya from Reunion Island) => yeah again because they are my babyz

- RougaiVerde (maloya / pop from Reunion Island and Green Cap)

- Mangalor (Maloya from Reunion Island)

- TRICKY (Trip Hop from UK)

- Lindigo Connexion (Maloya new generation from Reunion Island)

- Thylacine (electro from France)

- Maia and the Big Sky (pop/folk from Kenya)

- Peter Doherty and the Puta Madres (rock from UK)

- Morcheeba (pop/rock/trip hop from UK)

- FEDER (electo from France)

- Hans Nayna (rock from Mauritus)

- AURUS (electrical and tribal maloya from Reunion Island)

- Ben Harper (pop/blues/rock from USA) => he was alone on stage with 6 guitars and a piano

Like last years Trondheim Rocks where I went to see Iron Maiden just to see them and say that I've seen them, I just did the same at this years Trondheim Rocks. Bought a ticket just to see Kiss tonight (which means I will also get to see Iggy Pop, Turboneger, Hellacopters and more tomorrow), and while I am far from the biggest fan, that was one hell of a brilliant gig. The sound was good, the performance was incredibly energic and awesome and the crowd was very good and mature. The energy was at a 100. You'd think they were in their mid 20's or so. Amazing! Well worth the price alone.

I can give some thoughts on that. 15 minutes till ge's on.

Missed Turbonegro and Hellacopters. They went on stage at 2 and 4 PM. WTF? That's awfully early.

Did see Backyard Babies tho. Complete and utter trash. "Rock 'n' roll"' if someone Lemmy saw this he'd arm a fucking nuclear bomb and blow this entire fucking world away. Godfuckingawful!

On 6/29/2019 at 7:56 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

@Bear Curious to hear your thoughts on Iggy Pop's performance, if you have the time. I'll be seeing him next month and not sure what to expect.

Was amazing. Loads and loads of energy, the band including him sounded good and he gave us a proper fucking concert. Amazing stuff!

umbrella at Shibuya Ruido K2, but in the last few weeks: Marvelous Cruelty (GUEST: David), La'veil MizeriA (with other Starwave bands) x2, Frantic EMIRY, deadman/RAZOR/LIPHLICH, emmurée/TAG/dieS/DARRELL, ヴァージュ oneman tour final Place of Gracia

Edited by Paraph

- Kalouban (maloya rock fusion, from Reunion Island)

- Mandarine (pop-rock from Reunion Island)

- Votia (maloya from Reunion Island)

- Mounawar (rock from Reunion Island)

- Raul Midon (pop, jazz from New Mexico - USA)

- Zanmari Baré (maloya from Reunion Island)

- Myles Sanko (soul from Ghana - Africa)

- Maronaz (electric maloya from Reunion Island)

- Tapkal (folk, rock, blues from Reunion Island)

- AURUS (electro, folk, maloya from Reunion Island)

- Ibeyi (soul trip-hop, experimental, electronic from France)

- Ziskakan (pop-rock, maloya from Reunion Island)

- Christine Salem (blues, maloya from Reunion Island)

- Maya Kamaty, Saodaj' et Grèn Sémé too, again and again

Just saw MAN WITH A MISSION tonight in Toronto. Was genuinely shocked by how many people they drew. They even seemed surprised by how packed the place was.

I'm not really all that familiar with them, but my friend wanted to go and I like the 5 or so songs of theirs I know, so I figured I might as well take a shot. Definitely worth it. I had a lot of fun. The fans around me in the line and during the show were also some of the friendliest I've ever encountered at a concert. Would 100% go again.

Had the pleasure of seeing Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. live last night in Budapest, great show. Kawabata is still the grand fuzz-guitar wizard. The floor was shaking and my ears are still ringing, it was worth every second. Total beautiful cosmic trip. And tomorrow night they're unexpectedly playing in my hometown Szeged (in the tiniest of venues lol), so you bet I'm taking a day off to travel there and check it out. A dream come true. ♥

Edited by Jigsaw9

Went out to see the solo acoustic show of Michael Gira of the Swans fame. Going by the venue being a cafe doubling as a bookshop and the stage setup resembling more a book release event than a concert venue and having Gira with only his guitar in tow I expected it to be a quiet old man in a sweater type of an evening, and then all my expectations of the man showing restraint to tone down his thing flew right out the window once he actually started playing. It's absolutely incredible that he's able to create a wall of sound with his voice alone — like he managed to move like Swans and sound like Swans while sitting down in front of a seated audience. That's incredible. 

He played mostly new material with the added bonus of God Damn the Sun and New Mind of all things. It was only 10 euros and honestly in retrospect, it was better than a lot of gigs I've payed +30 euro for. Unfortunately I saw not a single person with their phone up ( !!! ) so the footage from this will be unlikely to surface anywhere soon,  but looks like there exists some from Greece just a about a week back.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:20 PM, Disposable said:

He played mostly new material with the added bonus of God Damn the Sun and New Mind of all things. It was only 10 euros and honestly in retrospect, it was better than a lot of gigs I've payed +30 euro for. Unfortunately I saw not a single person with their phone up ( !!! ) so the footage from this will be unlikely to surface anywhere soon

God Damn the Sun acoustic in a tiny cafe sounds like a pretty awesome show! 

I'm old and jaded and "back in my day we didn't have cell phones" enough to count not seeing anyone taking lo-res video at a concert as a serious blessing.

October: saw my kpop boys (A.K.A. Pentagon - no, not that one)  

January: saw Miyavi and I can't really explain my picture in any way other than "I suddenly remembered I didn't pay to get close to him, breathe his air or shake his hand but to take a picture"  

Edited by Chell
Da cop 😬

My last concert this year was Crossfaith in Hydrozagadka venue in Warsaw. February to be specific, before covid broke. And probably, the last one in 2020 😔 But I'll never forget the awesomeness and waiting an hour to have photo with Kenta and Teru! 🤩

87343525_3449049221836087_65520087564927