Pandabear

Last Concert You Went To (Now with Pics)

I went to see this band called Vita Imana on Friday night. I've already seen them 3 times and they always deliver! This is the best video i could find on youtube:

I think you can't see me on the video but I must be somewhere in the mosh xDD

Went to the first show of the Next Music from Tokyo tour. Unfortunately, I had to leave before jizue came on because I didn't want my friends to miss the subway and get stranded, but the other four bands were all pretty good. Really happy that I got to see Kinoko Teikoku again, and they seemed so much more confident and relaxed this time.

Happy!Mari were definitely the biggest surprise of the night for me, though. They're so much better than their Youtube videos make them look. Three pairs of glasses ended up on the floor while they were playing, and the entire band just looked so incredibly excited to be there. I'm glad there was a goofy, energetic band on the bill, because Uchuu Conbini were kind of boring. People seemed to love them, and I could see the appeal, but it's not music that you can move to at all, so most of the crowd was just standing around awkwardly during their set, which is kind of a buzzkill for me.

Got to see my first jband ever despite being in the fandom for 10 year now :')

Went to see ONE OK ROCK in Toronto. Super awesome!! They're coming back in the summer for Warped Tour, but they'd be the only band i'd go and see since the lineup for Warped sucks these days;;;

Last week, I went to see the anime/game singer, Ayane, in our local Japan Festival 2014 event. It's actually my first concert in 2 years. It was great seeing her live considering how long I've known her. Overall, it's not bad. Ayane performed the best she could. I would've preferred to see support band members rather than hearing pre-recorded instruments in the background, but I guess that explains how cheap the tickets were.

BpkKmrVIYAAUKOc.jpg

Went to the first (kinda small) Hungarian version of Aerodrome Festival and it was a blast all the way!

Powerman 5000 opened the day around 5PM and played for a killer 45 mins. They mostly performed songs from their 2 "classic" albums and the new one, so lots of industrial-pop-metal bouncing around and shouting and even a bit of moshing towards the end. It was excellent, I felt like a teenager again, lol - especially at the end with songs like these:

Then came Battlecross who substituted for Megadeth... well, I duncurr for either of them, so just stood back and had some KFC + beer to replenish my strength. xD ...cuz afterwards it was Zombie time! I've been really really looking forward to seeing Rob Zombie perform live since he's one of my all-time favorite artists and the band gave a hell of a show indeed! Cool props, sweet guitars (and guitar solo!) from John 5, there was even a drum solo too and giant bouncy balloons. 8D They opened with Dragula, so everyone was in pretty high spirits from the start. Gotta hand it to Rob, he's almost 50 and still moving around like a maniac, haha. Great setlist selecting from all their eras (they squeezed in half a School's Out by Alice Cooper too, heh) - it was amazing, tho of course I could've watched it for a few more hours. XD

The main band was Limp Bizkit. I'm not really into them, tho one of my first CDs was their Chocolate Starfish... album, so I have kinda fond memories. I went in a bit skeptical but the whole energy was just so high and awesome that it was impossible not to bounce along with the crowd to all the usual hits. Great great experience, my legs still hurt, lolol. Amazing live band overall - tho that could be said for all bands of the night. Excellent gig it was! Just so you get an idea of the intensity, here's the end of the last song of the night:

Got to see my first jband ever despite being in the fandom for 10 year now :')

Went to see ONE OK ROCK in Toronto. Super awesome!! They're coming back in the summer for Warped Tour, but they'd be the only band i'd go and see since the lineup for Warped sucks these days;;;

Im going to Warped tomorrow to see them HELLA.

tumblr_n0ozviYbFJ1qm8ikro1_500.jpg

Went to see One Ok Rock in February in LA 

IT WAS SO GREAT AHHH. I had a great view.

Unfortunately I didnt get a lot of pics because security was balls. Im hoping to get more from Warped tomorrow heeeeeee~~~~

.cuz afterwards it was Zombie time! I've been really really looking forward to seeing Rob Zombie perform live since he's one of my all-time favorite artists and the band gave a hell of a show indeed! Cool props, sweet guitars (and guitar solo!) from John 5, there was even a drum solo too and giant bouncy balloons. 8D They opened with Dragula, so everyone was in pretty high spirits from the start. Gotta hand it to Rob, he's almost 50 and still moving around like a maniac, haha. Great setlist selecting from all their eras (they squeezed in half a School's Out by Alice Cooper too, heh) - it was amazing, tho of course I could've watched it for a few more hours. XD

You don't happen do have any pictures of the whole scene, do you? Looks badass, bu I can't seem to find any good pictures of the whole scene with all that drops.

^ Here's a decent pic shot from a bit to the left (complete with balloons xD)

DSC_2698-640x424.jpg

(that's a Man Who Laughs pic on the drum riser, heh)

Yeah, I found a couple of good pictures after some more searching. That's so fucking badass! I love how these fucking rockstars love horror. Kirk Hammet are also running around playing on badass guitars with artworks from Universal Monsters flicks such as The Mummy, The Bride of Frankenstein and so on. It's just too badass.

^ Awesome! Must've been a killer experience! :)

I saw Death To All (basically Death - minus Chuck Schuldiner of course) last night, it was kinda okay. The guitars were a bit too loud and weirdly mixed but overall it was an enjoyable gig, even if I'm not that familiar with Death's output. They played Zombie Ritual towards the end which I did recognize, so yay. :D The main thing I went to see was the opening band Gorguts anyway - these Canadian dudes know how to rock some seriously technical shit! Excellent heavy atmosphere and amazing musicianship all around... bassist dude was br00tal on the 6-stringed bass but everyone was ace on their instruments overall. I bought a T-shirt at the merch table from the guitarist/vocalist frontman and shook his hand, haha. Was pretty sweet.

10502001_309807335810467_799611890612256

10360772_309807725810428_591608525827447

(not my photos)

Got to see Kvelertak last night, gig was amazing. The opening act was a local band called Grizzly (lol) who played kinda standard sludgey doom metal a la Down and that sort of stuff. They were decent but a bit too much for 40 minutes. Kvelertak, of course, slayed. For the first song the vocalist dude came out with that mounted owl prop with glowing eyes on his head, lmao. They pretty much played all but 5 of their songs or so. I felt that most of the crowd was a bit stiff in the beginning but throughout the gig a nice festive atmosphere bloomed, so it was a pretty cool place to be. Great show!

Here's a vid of one of my fave songs...

...and this was what the end of the gig looked like, haha. Great guys, fun concert.

(lol @ 0:34 left guitarist giving instrument to random audience member)

I guess that la vk fest thing with kon from cell, yuji and nozomi from carat, anti feminism, and tomo fromt he rhedoric...?

with the vocalist of carat
werd.

tumblr_n8l05y0vPJ1tyc30go1_1280.jpg

It was pretty okay. It was in a really tiny bar... and most of the performances were similar to karaoke. jk. but uh.... idk it was fun. Anti feminism was wild... of course.

Had the pleasure of witnessing the awesome natural force known as Swans on stage last night.

The opening act was Pharmakon, a.k.a. some tiny blonde-haired gurrl who went mental for half an hour on great slabs of noise often generated from her breaths and screams, but she had some primitive percussive aid as well. Sometimes she got down and walked around the audience while screaming, it was a bit creepy but a good noisy intro to the gig I guess.

Then came the stars of the evening. At first, only two members of Swans were on stage, riling up the atmosphere with some noisy dulcimer 'n' cymbals droneyness, and then gradually the other musicians made their way up and took their places. Honestly, the first 20 mins or so were a bit taxing but once I "got into the groove" (i.e. getting used to all the repetition and slowly blooming aural pieces) it was pretty sweet. The band sure is a presence of its own. I loved the building of tension and the fluctuation between quiet and extremely loud parts. It had a kind of tribal vibe to it, totally massive. We applauded them for like 5 mins in the end, haha (rightfully so: the gig lasted for almost exactly 2.5 hours!). Excellent night.

Here's a random vid:

Last week I went to Java Soundsfair 2014, watched Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. Pretty good live, they were so energetic and fun, especially the guitarist!

3414d0e828.jpg

4cdb17abf5.jpg

Even I don't like ska, but they were cool, lucky me can watch them :D

There were many artists line up tho, including local band and international act

The band called "Sore"

c97d7c620d.jpg

Sophie Ellis-Bextor (from far haha)

2b3146a8d8.jpg

And yesterday there was an event, Japan Festival in Indonesia 2014, participating artists are Hiroaki Kato, Gypsy Queen, Sunplaza Nakano,Ryutaro Makino, and the last, BLU-SWING XD, pic are below:

cf8e126a6f.jpg

2ac74d7a62.jpg

ce84ddff79.jpg

88f0d26046.jpg

f1f385feb0.jpg

Unfortunately, only two member come to this event. Nevertheless, great performance, so chilling~

Had chance to get BLU-SWING signed cd :D

2a6c82fb88.jpg

and take pic with them XD

9cb2a397c3.jpg

They promoted japanese jazz club in Japan, looks like very interesting place to drop by. Ugh and I hope I can watch BLU-SWING's live with full member in the future!

Saw the Japanese noise-rock greats Zeni Geva last night, absolutely crushing performance (even if a little too short). The night began with Zeni Geva frontman KK Null laying down some trippy walls and slabs of noise and sound effects while the maniac Balázs Pándi beat the shit out of his drumkit. It had its moments, especially when KK took out a weird mic (that looked more like an oxygen mask xD) and started screaming into it, producing shrill synthetic wails.

Then of course it was time for the main course, Zeni Geva, this time as a duo. I didn't mind because this way I could concentrate more on drummer god / my personal idol Tatsuya Yoshida, heh. He even helped out the guitar riffs with some minimalistic synth lines now and then (while not missing a beat on the drums with his other hand of course, lol). Very powerful and awesome gig! I even got Yoshida to sign a CD I bought from him at the merch table, so all in all pretty perfect experience.

This is what it was like:

KK + Pándi destroying our ear canals

Zeni Geva doing what they do best, a.k.a. going batshit crazy.

Summer Slaughter Tour 2015 + The All Stars tour

Normally they are both separate tours but they came together in my city to create one awesome metal lineup.

Arch Enemy

Born Of Osiris

Veil of Maya

After The Burial

Cattle decapitation 

Within The Ruins

Upon A Burning Body

Iwrestledabearonce

The Acacia Strain

Conquer Divide

Plus a ton more.

I actually only got to see 6 bands perform because they took up all the floors of the concert venue and multiple bands were playing different floors at different times. I will say the stand outs for me were Veil of Maya and Arch Enemy. I knew alissa could growl, but holy cow she sounds amazing live. And Jeff loomis and Michael amott were spot on perfect.

Went to Pstereo yesterday and saw some cool shit.

Got there and catched the last two-three Team Me songs, and it was nice. Sweet indiepop to enjoy in the sun.

Then we went over to watch Soak which was a huge disappointment, so went over and catched the last few songs from Døden which was OK.

Baroness was a roller-coster to be honest. At time it was really cool and at other time it was embarrassingly bad. They didn't manage to take advantage of the stage either. Should've played on a much smalle stage.

Jello Biafra was amazing. He brought the right amount of sillyness and punk attitude to the show. What a weird guy. Great concert and nice to hear some DK songs live.

Yelawolf probably stole the show, and might have been the best on day 1. I have never heard these guys before, but the concert was amazing. Huge bass lines (haha, jesus! My girlfriend had to leave during the second song because of the bass), a Yelawolf on fire and a great show. The band was one man less than Baroness, but took advantage of the stage. I hope Baroness watched and picked up a few tricks from these guys. Brilliant concert! That Black Sabbath sample was great too.

The Sword was cool in about two songs before it got boing, which is what I expected. Awfully mediocre band.

Sunsanne Sundfør was magical. What a voice, what a show, what a personality. Huge concert!

Day 2 of Pstereo:

Spidergawd kicked off day 2 for me and my girl and it was decent rock 'n' roll. Nothing more, nothing less. Embarrassing guitar solo, though. Jesus, what was he thinking? 5/10

Ratking another decent effort, but they sure as fucked lacked routine. Seemed very fresh and inexperienced. Some amazing bass tunes when they were at their hardest, but the chemestry between the members were poor and they seemed a bit out of their depth. 5/10

Emilie Nicolas was real nice. Dark, gazing electro pop with a fantastic vocalist. Very enjoyable gig to watch with a beer from afar. Some lovely tunes! Will check out this band closer. 8/10

I wanted to watch Aurora but she played on a very small scene and it was just too full to get in. Way, way, way too fulll! Should quite obviously have played on one of the bigger stages. However, I was sitting outside with a beer and a burger and it did sound really good. So based on the sound alone it's a nice 8/10

Opeth played on the biggest stage, but shouldn't have because it was only half full there. I'm not big on new Opeth, and I haven't liked anything they've done since Damnation, but despite a poor setlist they did alright. But one song from Blackwater Park and one song from Deliverance isn't enough, and they played them way too slow. Why the fuck do they play their songs too slow live? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I'd exchange both tracks for something off their 4 first albums too. But the new stuff worked way better live than on album, and Åkerfeldt sang surprisingly well. Think he's gotten poor with time, but he worked fine live. Åkertfeldt was also in a great mood, making me laugh several times. 8/10

Missed the two first songs by La Roux because of a ridiculously slow beer line, but I could hear the songs well and it was nice. And god damn, she delivered the goods. Great gig! However, it was way too full there and they should've swapped stage with Opeth. 9/10

Band of Horses ended the evening, and it was nice and all. But a bit too much routine, yeah? Felt like they were there to do a job they've gone a bit tired off, and they sure as fuck shouldn't have headlined the last day IMO. But it was alright and all that. 7/10

Two great days, and I am looking forward to 2016 which will include one more day. Yippi!

Went to see Between the Buried and Me with Animals as Leaders and The Contortionist. One of the greater concerts I have been honored to attend. The contortionist are so beautiful live, and Michael has the most ethereal voice that can go as heavy as necessary when needed. BTBAM played Bohemian Rhapsody and that was amazing, and don't get me started on Animals as Leaders full classical guitar Para Mexer track live.

11960249_1050991488258927_13647653694134

11924563_1050991444925598_6777351249547511960064_1050991458258930_82472414571130