Pandabear

Last Concert You Went To (Now with Pics)

Joan Jett and The Black Hearts. It was my first outdoor concert and it was by the beach. Joan and the band were amazing and played a couple of new songs too. Loved how crazy and loud the crowd got when they played songs like Bad Reputation, Cherri Bomb and I Love Rock N Roll. Plus they had a sword swallowing act as their opening.

The best part was the concert was free.

Just went to see Forsaken World/Heaving Earth/Noctem/Immolation/Marduk last night, it was a really cool experience!

Forsaken World kinda sucked (seemed like a chugga-chugga breakdowncore band in black metal disguise, lol), Heaving Earth played a nice no-nonsense death metal set, while Noctem was a bit more theatrical kind of black metal act, actually quite enjoyable musically too (the vocalist guy was pretty hyper, that added a lot xD).

Immolation was the first main band of the night, and they sure delivered their brutal and crushing death metal style. I don't really know their stuff (only flicked through the discography once) but the good overall sound/mixing (and of course their good songs) made me enjoy their set quite a bit. Already did some preliminary headbanging, haha.

Marduk was the last act, and the group I really came for. It took a bit longer for the crew to set up and test the equipment, but it was all worth it - the sound was massive and pretty clear. It was so awesome seeing them play through classics like On Darkened Wings or Wolves. There was a lot of crowd chanting and everyone was in high spirits so it had a really cool vibe. I also must mention how Mortuus is such a good frontman (always riling up the crowd more and more), and it was an honor to hear his amazing & brutal voice live. Great show!

Here's a pic of Marduk (photo by NOWphoto.hu):

e9sn7q.jpg

Oh, and the surprise good news of the night: the club had some fresh flyers up that they'll host a Mayhem gig next month! Will try to catch that one too. :)

Periphery and Between the buried and me in Cologne!

pretty awesome actually, i'd have preferred a periphery headlining since i went there for them, but not knowing BTBAM and expecting the usual crappy emo-metal-/deathcore i was pleasantly surprised that they're quite versatile.

periphery expectedly kicked major ass aswell, i like the (clean) vocals live a whole lot better than on the albums, stronger and less processed make them fit better into the whole setting...

Because you "aren't really present and paying attention" when you're looking at your camera screen or whatever.

this I must agree if you ask me.

Periphery and Between the buried and me in Cologne!

pretty awesome actually, i'd have preferred a periphery headlining since i went there for them, but not knowing BTBAM and expecting the usual crappy emo-metal-/deathcore i was pleasantly surprised that they're quite versatile.

periphery expectedly kicked major ass aswell, i like the (clean) vocals live a whole lot better than on the albums, stronger and less processed make them fit better into the whole setting...

How are the new periphery songs live? I saw them last year on their Frak the Gods Tour and they were great then too. I've been meaning to catch them again this year since I want to hear their new material live which had tons of awesome clean vocals from Spencer.

As for me the last band I went to was The Birthday Massacre in NYC. It was a great show. It sold out. It was my 2nd time seeing them. Saw them for the first time when they were opening for Dir en grey.

They had 3 opening bands. Creature Creature. A horror-comedy quirky goth indie act, who were okay. But to be fair I was busy buying a ton of TBM merch when they were playing.

Like this awesome shirt.

Shirt.jpg

Aesthetic Perfection was the 2nd opening act. An electronic industrial dance duo who are great on record although the vocals were a bit rough live. Then William Control followed. The solo project of Aiden’s William Francis. He' came out dressed as some sort of cool vampire priest smoking a cigarette. He put on a great show and was real fun to watch. Then finally came TBM. Chibi was actually carried out on stage since she had an injured knee. And despite her bum knee, she managed to put on a good show.

Some of the cool pics I snapped:

1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2.jpg

It was a pretty awesome show. They played songs from their new album, and even Nothing and Nowhere.

Here's a live performance of Blue from the show.

8h0AWzEHl9Y

When Owen jumped into the audience, I managed to touch him and his keyboard. :D

The Black Keys on Monday, Yeasayer on Wednesday

both were awesome, but yeasayer was cooler I think

i saw nightwish last week. and almost wen to creed/hobastank today but i dont like them enough to spend 80 bucks on a ticket

gonna see underoath next week <3 :)

Boris last Friday :) It was awesome!

Here's a photo I made (I made it smaller though so it wouldn't be the huge size it is), and Ito edited the filter away for me :)

JOAN JETT! I got there super early and got to be right up against the bar in front of center stage.

plus I got to meet her after the concert!

9oxZb.jpg

Not the last concert I went to, but the last BIG one. A's special oneman live for ELEMENTA ALCHEMICA. It was one of the most amazing things I've experienced all year @_@

JOAN JETT! I got there super early and got to be right up against the bar in front of center stage.

plus I got to meet her after the concert!

That's awesome! I love joan jett too. She rocked everyone's face last time she was here.

Last night I saw Tamaryn. They were awesome and they had some very good indie shoegaze/dreampopish bands open for them. Rex is a master when it comes to creating shoegazey riffs and chords. His reverb and analag tape delay setup is sick. I have no idea how he can create entire walls of sound with one single guitar. Love that their live versions of their songs have dreamy extended intros and outro's.  

Tamaryn is beautiful in person. She has such gorgeous blonde hair.  *-*

snapshot20130222132404_zpse477bdd2.jpg?t

snapshot20130222132517_zpsa2088af3.jpg?t

snapshot20130222132234_zps799a16fe.jpg?t

Picked up some of there merch and just had an awesome shoegazing night.

chelsea wolfe and russian circles on the 2nd of november.

chelsea wolfe was kinda meh (sound wasn't ideal, venue was still a bit too light because of the lit bars, but mainly it became blatantly obvious that she's relying on the two chord song-structure too heavily)

russian circles afterwards was enormous tho. perfect sound, incredible musicianship, nice flow of the overall dramaturgy and just beautiful music in general. totally cool evening :) (i'll link pics later if the appear somewhere...)

I just saw Periphery at SOMA on the 25th and BTBAM at the House of Blues!! Ii'll upload a pic of the Periphery live later. I'm super excited for the Protest the Hero show in SOMA this 24th

Not counting local University band, I guess my latest one would be Kim Sarang's gig back in September.

ONE OK ROCK coming up this Sunday :D

Tonight I have see in live LOKA they are really awesome, and so nice ^^. I has success to catch the drummer"s stick, have dedicate it and their cd, and make photo with the band.

I have take some picture of the live, if someone are interested ^^.

At this concert, the first part was assure by a French band OpeNightmare, I have buy their cd too ^^

Back in October I've seen ONE OK ROCK in the Netherlands! My very first non-vk band seeing live!

I've recorded a couple of songs on my youtube (The security there was really laughable xD)

It was a great experience! :)