Pandabear

Last Concert You Went To (Now with Pics)

Russian Circles in Milwaukee...Awesome tiny little venue! It was really cool, I got to talk to the drummer and bassist before the show, they are the nicest guys and were fun to talk to. Seeing them live for the second time also reaffirms my thought that Dave Turncratz is one of the best drummers alive.

ROACH presens 098- at SHIBUYA QUATTRO

SOUTH

ロコビッチ

FLiP

バーボンズ

ROACH

All the bands were from Okinawa, FliP had some great energy, if you like japanese rock with female vocals, check them out. バーボンズ were awesome to, japanese reagge rock pop kind off. Really great guys.

ROACH were amazing ofcurse, been a fan of them since 2007 so this was really big to me.

if anyone has any music with バーボンズ , please share!

Yukapon concert at kawa kon just yesterday night....yes I did the idol cheers at the edge of the concert..umm...stage XD

RAMMSTEIN!!!! April 21st, 2012. BEST. DAY. OF.MY.LIFE.EVER.

And right before that:

The Fire & Ice Tour 2012 @ The Ritz in Ybor City

Went for blessthefall (toured with We Came As Romans, Emmure, Woe, Is Me and The Color Morale) :D

God, I've gone to a concert every weekend this month.

First it was Moi Dix Mois.

Then Pagan Fest III with Huntress, Arkona, Alestorm and Turisas (went for Arkona).

Following that was the Decibel Tour with Devil's Blood, In Solitude, Watain and Behemoth (Went for In Solitude).

Now this weekend it's going to be God Forbid, Suidakra, Diamond Plate and Overkill.

I like Suidakra and some stuff from Overkill. Someone got me a ticket sooo see how that goes lol!

LM.C's concert at Anime Central.

Their performance was good but technicians behind the stage and audio setups were terrible. Everything felt like it was cranked up to the max at the point where my lungs were vibrating. I understand rock/metal concerts are loud but sound needs to be balanced out. After 2 days, my ears are still ringing. Also those cameramen are total amateurs. When a guitarist is doing a solo, the camera is supposed to be focused on the guitarist, not the singer.

So I just saw Suidakra and Diamond Plate last night, left before God Forbid and Overkill came on since I need to go to bed for work haha. Diamond Plate was a lot of fun, the vocalist has a big toothy ass grin across his face the whole time, met him after their gig, nice guy. Also Suidakra was a lot of fun, also really nice guys. They really interact with the crowd, did a bunch of fist bumps with the bassist and singer. Opeth and Mastadon where also in town so the venue was pretty empty, during an instrumental the singer came down in the crowd and head banged with us and we all had a golly good time. Also met them after the show and really nice guys.

This Sunday I'm going to see Negura Bunget with Eclipse Eternal and Din Brad. It's awesome being able to walk to this venue!

Edited OP title to include the option of adding pictures to make things more fun and cool.

Saw Kittie last night. A friend of mine wanted to go see Lacuna Coil but she found out Kittie was coming to play the very next day and we decided on seeing them instead. It was awesome. The band destroyed. Also got to see another awesome female fronted metal band, the Agonist. Alissa teared it up. And I don't why I never noticed but everyone in Kittie is super Haawt. And I love Trish's energetic bass playing and cute personality.

Some of the pics I took.

Kittie2.jpg

Kitiie2.jpg

Trish.jpg

Trish :wub:

Trish2.jpg

Last concert was D (which was awesome) but I wasn't allowed to take photos. Not to mention in that small space I probably would've pissed everyone off.

most of concert's NOT allowed to take photos so this is hard to take pics

Last concert was BLOOD in Amstelveen somewhere in April.

Nice concert, I enjoyed it a lot. But that was also because I was with my concertbuddy that I have not seen for a long long long time!

IMG-20120412-00722-1.jpg

The band is better live than on CD. xD

most of concert's NOT allowed to take photos so this is hard to take pics

this!, most concert's of visual key don't allow it.

I always thought the no taking pictures policy was lame. I've never been to a concert where taking pictures wasn't allowed. Except for the time I went to see Blink 182 at Madison Square Garden. At least that was what was written on the ticket, but a whole bunch of people still pulled out cameras during the show. Including me. It wasn't enforced in any way.

I've heard the no taking pictures is common at VK concerts. I still don't understand why.

I've heard the no taking pictures is common at VK concerts. I still don't understand why.

I guess it's because practically all the bands live off of their imagery, from official photoshoots in magazines to sellable photo sets, etc. They might see fan photography at concerts as a kind of "cheating" of that system (i.e. not paying for the image of the artist but taking a photo "for free") or something. But I dunno for sure, that's just my theory.

I guess it's because practically all the bands live off of their imagery, from official photoshoots in magazines to sellable photo sets, etc. They might see fan photography at concerts as a kind of "cheating" of that system (i.e. not paying for the image of the artist but taking a photo "for free") or something. But I dunno for sure, that's just my theory.

Yeah, that would seem pretty likely. Some labels can be pretty anal about the bands they manage. It might also have to do with avoiding videos of the band's performance being recorded since all digital cameras have that ability now. It is VK so there might be a fear that it could detract from the Official PV's released and live DVD's. And perhaps any new singles they might be releasing. But I'm not entirely sure if Vk bands do perform new songs they have coming up at their concerts. I know it's pretty common for western bands to do that. Most performances of their new songs end being uploaded to sites like youtube before they're officially announced as singles.

The only reason I've come across was that it's concidered rude to take pictures, at least that's what I've been told by Japanese. Because you "aren't really present and paying attention" when you're looking at your camera screen or whatever.

I don't care about it though, I don't have the patience to focus on taking pics when I know they're all gonna come out terrible anyway.

Ontopic, last concert was D

Kill With Hate/Aborted/Cannibal Corpse last night in Budapest.

Kill With Hate was kinda okay/nothing special.

Aborted were pretty cool. Didn't know much of their stuff previously but they gave one hell of a show!

Cannibal Corpse was expectedly awesome (my first time seeing them btw). Plenty of headbanging ensued. :)

No pics but found two vids on the 'tube:

Z2wV9YV4h8E

(epic headbang at 3:30 :D)

XepdQspOB2Q

(the closing songs of the night)

My last concert I went was from A(CE) ^^

I already posted my picture with them in the show yourself thread, but in case if you wanna see ;p

linhwithaceeditver.png

A in Roubaix was my last one.

The venue was tiny as hell! Felt like we walked into someone's livingroom so that was quite a bummer, but they played well so all was good.

Argies; Acoustic Rebellion. It was quite good, Argies even covered Psycho Killer from Talking Heads.

Next week, Sziget Festival, and I can finally see The XX, The Stone Roses and Wild Beasts.