Anyone else listen to the new single? It's.....well, it's out.

Pro tip: Save yourself a blinding and just listen to the audio.

Edited by ghost

1 hour ago, ghost said:

LMAO, same.

Well I'm not too hot on the song itself either but I guess it's not bad...? I'm missing some things to latch onto tho, like memorable lyrics or hooks. It's just kinda...there. Anyway, I'm still really really excited for the new album dropping on Sept.11, as it's always interesting to listen to new Manson no matter what (to me at least). Great cover art painting too.

14 hours ago, ghost said:

Anyone else listen to the new single? It's.....well, it's out.

Haha your comment got my curiosity so had to watch the video, and yep, probably one of the worst music videos I've ever seen. 😛

As for the song itself, I have to agree with the above comment really, nothing particularly special about it. I miss the old days of MM when it was pure bangers and actual chaos. Like this song is called "we are chaos" but the song is far from chaotic. haha.

18 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

LMAO, same.

Well I'm not too hot on the song itself either but I guess it's not bad...? I'm missing some things to latch onto tho, like memorable lyrics or hooks. It's just kinda...there. Anyway, I'm still really really excited for the new album dropping on Sept.11, as it's always interesting to listen to new Manson no matter what (to me at least). Great cover art painting too.

Yeah, I feel the same. It certainly far from his worst, but very average. Although, I will say I dig the production this time around. Say10 felt like it lacked some punch and didn't hit quite as hard as it could have. He'll probably have a few heavy hitters in there. At the very least, I feel like there's always 1-2 tracks that are really good.

Agreed on the album cover. It's up there with the triptych artwork for me. Glad he moved away from using a simple studio photo of himself (although Pale Emperors cover was pretty good)

5 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Haha your comment got my curiosity so had to watch the video, and yep, probably one of the worst music videos I've ever seen. 😛

As for the song itself, I have to agree with the above comment really, nothing particularly special about it. I miss the old days of MM when it was pure bangers and actual chaos. Like this song is called "we are chaos" but the song is far from chaotic. haha.

Haha isn't it just the most terrible things you've seen? 

His earlier work is definitely something special. Sadly, It's unlikely that we'll get anything like that now though considering he no longer works with those past members and just his stage of life. Say10 felt like it was trying to capture that same energy in some ways, but imo it just sounded tired and out of steam.

I enjoyed the surprise genre mixing going on in God's Gonna Cut You Down but I found We Are Chaos to be pretty disappointing tbh. It just sounds like a Rated-R version of a stereotypical 2010s indie rock song to me. But at the same time, I guess I enjoy that it feels like its own thing and not like he's trying desperately to recapture an old magic that has left him? It might grow on me, we'll see. I am interesting in that new album though.

To be honest I don't think it's that's bad. It sounds like the high end of low but with a bit of a bowie vibe to it. When his music isn't cringey I think it usually happens to be really good, and the new album seems serious so I am looking forward to it :) The music video is strange, but this is normal for him and I like the simple imagery he's been using past few years. 

1 hour ago, cinnymoncinder said:

To be honest I don't think it's that's bad. It sounds like the high end of low but with a bit of a bowie vibe to it.

Yeah I was getting a High End of Low vibe too kinda (too bad that's one of my least fave MM albums xD). Musically it's not bad, but the whole atmosphere and the repetitive lyrics are not what I was hoping for.

On 7/31/2020 at 4:21 PM, ghost said:

Haha isn't it just the most terrible things you've seen? 

His earlier work is definitely something special. Sadly, It's unlikely that we'll get anything like that now though considering he no longer works with those past members and just his stage of life. Say10 felt like it was trying to capture that same energy in some ways, but imo it just sounded tired and out of steam.

Yeah, I really don't get how it got approved to be released... lol. Especially when he has had some pretty awesome videos in the past, why make something worse? Maybe a budget thing?

And yeah, agree with all that tbh. Sad times really, but guess we can still enjoy the classic albums so isn't all bad!