Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY NORTH/SOUTH AMERICA - TOUR2011 AGE QUOD AGIS

I want to see them in LA, but I'm torn about if I should go.

EDIT: BF threw a fit about it even Christmas Eve. ughh I just wanna see them. This is literally really gay. I envy you attendees.

They're never going to play any of those songs overseas because they don't want to play them more than likely. Playing old songs in Japan (usually only at a knot only lives) is a form of fanservice seeing as how their dedicated fanbase there is made up of very fickle people that if they don't hear Ain't Afraid to Die once every 2 years they'll stop liking the band immediately.

Passing these around and trying to get the band to play these songs are incredibly snobby, and i can only IMAGINE the reaction from the band. Bad idea.

They're never going to play any of those songs overseas because they don't want to play them more than likely. Playing old songs in Japan (usually only at a knot only lives) is a form of fanservice seeing as how their dedicated fanbase there is made up of very fickle people that if they don't hear Ain't Afraid to Die once every 2 years they'll stop liking the band immediately.

Passing these around and trying to get the band to play these songs are incredibly snobby, and i can only IMAGINE the reaction from the band. Bad idea.

Like I said, furing the VIP meets, the translator (Nora) -asks- the fans what their favorite songs are... see that Youtube viddie at the 0:52 mark, so I don't think it's "snobby" to answer a question they clearly want an answer to from their fans. And for the song titles that were already in english, I just ran through this: http://www.sljfaq.org/cgi/e2k.cgi?word=embryo - and then this: http://nihongo.j-talk.com/kanji/ to see if it atleast sounded out close...

If you don't wanna do it, then don't to it...

Passing these around Holding these up during the meet and trying to get the band to play these songs are incredibly snobby, and i can only IMAGINE the reaction from the band. Bad idea.

Atleast there aren't any with Yokan, Yurameki, I'll, Jealous, Garden, or Jessica...

That really would be asking for a stern look, wouldn't it now.

Like I said, during the VIP meets, the translator (Nora) -asks- the fans what their favorite songs are... see that Youtube viddie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXaJ9cLs ... re=related) at the 0:52 mark, so I don't think it's "snobby" to answer a question they clearly want an answer to from their fans. And for the song titles that were already in english, I just ran through this: http://www.sljfaq.org/cgi/e2k.cgi?word=embryo - and then this: http://nihongo.j-talk.com/kanji/ to see if it atleast sounded out close... If you don't wanna do it, then don't to it...

Btw, didn't you say this?:

I remember reading an article saying that previously the band had not played any "oldies", because they didn't know overseas fans were very familiar with those songs. But as time goes on, they're more apt to play older songs -- knowing that there's actually a large fanbase that wants to hear them.

Well that's kinda the goal, ain't it? To let 'em know there's a fanbase for these songs?

What's the difference between holding up one of those prints and shouting out the

name of a song when Nora starts asking the vippers what their fave songs are?

I mean, other than the likelihood of not being heard over everyone else's yelling.

They have added shows on SOUTH AMERICAN tour TOUR2011 AGE QUOD AGIS:

2011-11-25: Centro de Convenciones Scencia, Lima (Peru)

(Adding this date to the first post in this thread)

I'm guessing the real reason they play old songs in Japan is just another form of fan service. Afterall, Japanese fans are incredibly flaky and consist largely of vk fans who love their older material. You have to yield to those demands. The rest of the world is different, and I'm seriously going to feel incredibly bad for the band when some fool walks up to them with these demands. Ungrateful.

I know that setlists can be a sensitive topic, so before this turns into a huge drama: it is everybody's right to use these banners, and if you like this or not is your opinion, but don't bother others with it when it's offensive. You can discuss this in the Artists thread.

Can consider the West Hollywood one though,

since Dad lives in L.A :P

And it is just 2 days before X-Mas too! Shalala~♪

:wub: I may or may not attend the concert. It all depends on how cheaply I can get this semester's textbooks (last semester cost me over $500 D: ). Not to influence your decision at all. ^_~

i will be at the Baltimore show! Would love to meet people from the forum if you're attending!

awesome i'm so going to see them in Atlanta again. but fuck why does South America get 10 years? fuck the birthday massacre! 10 years are so great live

awesome i'm so going to see them in Atlanta again. but fuck why does South America get 10 years? fuck the birthday massacre! 10 years are so great live <3 oh well it's still gonna be awesome :D

this is why i'm glad that there is no support act for my venue ^^

^ yea that's awesome, you won't get the people who are only there for the support act and have no idea who Dir en grey is xD I hate that shit because then their so shocked when diru gets on the stage and kyo goes RAWR biatches!! and their like "Japanese band? wtf!! too brutal".

*eye twitch at "fuck the birthday massacre!"*

You get to see a fantastic band, who is probably just as big (if not bigger) than dir en grey perform together in one night. At least go there with an open mind instead of the ideology of a typical dir en grey fangirl/boy.

Can consider the West Hollywood one though,

since Dad lives in L.A :P

And it is just 2 days before X-Mas too! Shalala~♪

:wub: I may or may not attend the concert. It all depends on how cheaply I can get this semester's textbooks (last semester cost me over $500 D: ). Not to influence your decision at all. ^_~

Well, i have to see if i could as well.

And kinda have second thought after watching the Wacken stream yesterday.

NUT, if i went, and you went, and D.L.S went,

we can be happy people among the crowds yes? ;D

awesome i'm so going to see them in Atlanta again. but fuck why does South America get 10 years? fuck the birthday massacre! 10 years are so great live <3 oh well it's still gonna be awesome :D

:( I'd like to see The Birthday Massacre as their opening act but I'll have to see 10 years in november (they're not bad but I love TBM)

aarrgghh! let's change places Saku!!

10 years instead of the Birthday Massacre? Is that a joke? If you want 10 years go listen to the radio they play their shit all day.

careful.

Jesus Christ stop being so trigger happy with the mod colors and let people say what they want. If it gets to flooding or personal insults get thrown around like leaves, then interrupt.

E: No I don't.

as you said.

we don't want to start throwing "shit" IN the shitstorm because it'd get out of hand MAYBE.

God, yesterday I posted the first two red color posts ever and everyone is complaining. please.

I gave him this "careful." BEFORE the shitstorm starts.

Now that you understand why I did it, thank you.

Sign in to follow this