jurideluhi

Long Distance Relationships

Oh! :D

I always been in LDR.

Even with my latest one now, he's in Vancouver and i am in Cali.

So yeah. This last time much more bearable though cos

distance can be bridged over weekend or such. Since B.C to C.A ain't that far.

But before i did worse, my first time was living in Bristol, U.K

and second one was in Victoria, Oz.

We did what we could best during this time.

fist 9 months long knowing each other,

been only E-mailing, web chatting and such

Phone call should be daily, or at least once a week when each party is busy.

And meeting every 3 months. Either he came to my place.

Or i visiting to his place.

Or we plan a holiday together somewhere for couple of months or so.

And whenever we meet, there is always new things we learn from each other.

Either his sleeping habit or such. Which is fun to know.

And sometimes can be very surprising too, like knowing him are so scary when get furious over something and stuffs.

Or he can be very silly and makes me laugh.

Something that did not shown with emails, fone calls or web chat.

Cos people usually conditioned to be more behave with those three.

And words can sometimes misleading as well.

Considering i have been proposed once, i guess we did it quite well.

Distance is tough but not impossible.

Need a strong commitment and a huge budget for all that to works.

And with my recent one, if all things goes according to plan.

I'd move with him sometimes soon. Either to Vancouver.

Or with him back to his home land, Croatia.

One party have to willing to move when the other can't for various reasons.

And i don't mind that, since i am already serious with this man.

It's more than dating now.

Since of course it cannot be forever separated by distance.

It is pointless. Cos relationship needed 24/7 for the bond to get stronger.

And for the intimacy to grow.

And sometimes it can be so hard, oh yes.

There is times where days just goes too slow.

And wishing this guy just around to make it better.

But it is only gets better.

If a wound did not kill you, it will only make you stronger.

they'er not worth it and i believe will NEVER work, (in concerns to like different countries) You cant spend alot of time with each other in person, which is really important.

My current boyfriend lives 7 hours away by train, it's not extremely long distance but I've grown accustomed to not being in the same city.

It comes down to the people really, how strong their connection is and personal choices. Personally I think would go insane if I had to see my partner more often then I do, I guess we see each other fairly often though so the distance isn't really a bother, even if he lived in the same city I probably wouldn't see him much more then what I do now.

It can get pricey but in my eyes you can't put a price tag on love, be it family, friends or boyfriend.

I was in a long distance relationship last year and I did enjoy the relationship part...however things went bad when I broke up with her. She had talked about coming to see and she bought the plane ticket regardless. I offered to reimburse her for the ticket and she refused and showed up and fucked stuff up between me and a couple of friends. (well i shouldnt say her but rather the situation.)

Its weird because the last thing she said before all of the drama really exploded was that she didn't hate me or anything, (even though a handful of ppl do). She still has me added on facebook but obviously akward so we dont talk...her friends still have me added too o.o; but who knows maybe somewhere down the line we'll talk again but yeah...

Long distance relationships can work, but its really hard to make them work...and sometimes the end result is a bit messy so take caution ^.^;

Mmn, manda and I met each other online about 4 years ago. She lived in New York and I lived in Georgia at the time. We were friends for about 2 1/2 years when I confessed to her that I liked her, expecting her to be like "uh o.o okay." and blow me off. Quite the opposite really.

A lot of drama (not between us, but things in our lives) and roughly 2 years later, we now live together in Seattle. :3

So, I'd say long distance relationships depend on the people involved. Distance really isn't an issue at first, though with time it can get hard and stressful. If the relationship and feelings are true, anything is possible.

10171733_707908829248353_495375196142434

...on a serious note: No personal experience (at all) but the bigger part of long-distance relationships I know from friends and other ppl I know did not last more then 2-3 years max, often much shorter.

Mmn, manda and I met each other online about 4 years ago. She lived in New York and I lived in Georgia at the time. We were friends for about 2 1/2 years when I confessed to her that I liked her, expecting her to be like "uh o.o okay." and blow me off. Quite the opposite really.

A lot of drama (not between us, but things in our lives) and roughly 2 years later, we now live together in Seattle. :3

So, I'd say long distance relationships depend on the people involved. Distance really isn't an issue at first, though with time it can get hard and stressful. If the relationship and feelings are true, anything is possible.

That's a great story. I had been wondering lately about the validity of long-distance relationships, but I suppose this proves anything is possible.

I'm not lucky at relationships, so all my LDR are just a sad experience, after my last try I don't want to have any relationships with people at all. Maybe I'll try later but not this type of relationships and not in this country. After all, I feel nothing but disappointment and burnout.

They're really hard. There was only one long distance relationship I had that was decent. They lived in a state over, about 4-5 hours away actually. Some may or may not consider that long distance, but we didn't see each other often at all. but we had a lot of mutual friends, and we did music stuff together, so I mean essentially it's not like we didn't talk enough. I think it's the one relationship I had that I felt could be really serious one day. I don't think it was distance that ruined it, it as more than likely my confidence, trust, and maturity level that made it screech to a halt. 

Even so, I still talk to this person and they're extremely important to me. But overall experiences with LDR... majority of the time it didn't feel like anything. Just that one time it did. 

I'm actually currently in one. I do see how it can be hard for a lot of people. Not being able to have any physical connection to some is rather hard. I do prefer online over offline though. The reason is because I have to have an emotional attachment to the person before I can really be with them. I have autism as well, so I get overwhelmed easily if I have to deal with a lot of affection all of the time. So, having an online relationship makes this much more easier for me since I'm not actually giving any kind of physical contact. I do hope I can meet my boyfriend someday, but for right now, the two of us are perfectly happily just having each other. That's really all that matters most to us right now. <3

We don't even do much affection online either. It's usually just RP stuff... but it does prove we still love and care for each other. It's amazing how far him and I have come because he used to be my ex at one time. However, we decided to try again... and this time it really stuck. Now, we can't imagine our lives without the other. He doesn't care that I'm a fangirl because let's face it... he's a fanboy, and he's even admitted to that. XD I don't think I'd ever find anyone as special as him.

It really sucks and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. But, you like who you like, and in my case we both decided it was worth giving a try. I'm in the UK, and she's in Japan, and the last time we saw each other was January. We're probably not physically meeting again until the end of August. But, if we can stick it out till then, I'm moving to Japan anyway so we're moving in together. Like previous people have said, a lot of it depends on the timing - we're both graduating this year and starting full time work, so it looks like after the distance part is over it should be great.

Happily in one now. The first such relationship for me, really, after my last and only one beforehand lasted for less than forthy five minutes (LOL). The only thing I get angry/sad about when with him is my computer jamming all the time. So frustrating keeping him waiting and seeing as it's long distant and I'm an emotional mess, I get distraught too easily when that happens. And he still bears with. x3

After almost a year since I've posted in here, I've come to terms with the fact that LDR's are def doable for people, but i don't think I am one of them. I have periods of time where I'm extremely social online when there's downtime, but then I jump back in to keeping busy, or I have emotional break downs and keep to myself. If someone were physically here it'd be different maybe? But lately I just view myself as someone who has temporary chemistry with people on that level. I'm far from being in the correct emotional state for a relationship, long distance or not. The sad thing is, I do like someone now... but I'm really concerned about taking a step in an official direction since my moods are unpredictable and I'm tired of people misunderstanding me at the most inconvenient times. 

Some people actually make it work with LDR, yes. I have friends who endured one for years and were really happy with it. I tried a couple of times, but I was younger and dumber. The concept just seems like a stretch to me honestly. It obviously sucks to not have affection in person whenever you want/need and having to rely on videos and texts. Right now I don't think I'd have the patience or even mental stability to do it, but who knows. Lately I've been really into a guy who lives several km away in a city relatively far from mine (in the same state though), and because of that I'm trying to refrain myself and just be like

tumblr_ng6or2p6Ok1txae4yo1_500.gif

The distance sucks balls, but it can be really worth it and rewarding when you finally get to be together, even if it's just for a bit of time.

I used to get into all kinds of long distance relationships when I was a teen but now that I'm getting a little older it seems no one is interested in the idea of online dating. I don't know what I did in the past that made girls want to date me that way. Maybe it has something to do with the shift to mostly mobile phones being the main  way to communicate online? I fee like I used to have a lot more meaningful conversations with people in the past. I can get across so much more on a traditional keyboard than I ever could on those tiny little screens.  Or maybe people simply aren't interested in chatting with strangers online anymore in the same way? Or rather aren't interested in chatting with me I don't know. I think the only way a long distance relationship could happen for me is if I met and hung out with that person IRL already quite a bit and were able to still meet up fairly often.