Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

Dir en grey - Different Sense

Different Sense, it's a cool song. But it is not that special and quite repetitive, the tunes does.

And it was opened a la Slipknot, which i think very tricky lol

Potentially will cause all hells breaking loose when brought live.

But on audio players? It may as well get a good 2 weeks spins the most.

I don't see this song as something that one would chose to play once opening their iTunes.

unless your library is nothing but DeG or genres alike.

I admire the solo, much respect for that.

Need commenting about the drums, too.

Since Shinya told it's the hardest most brutal he ever done so far.

though the way i heard it, this not the case, he just did what he did since TMOAB actually.

He always got that power that rarely found from a band that used to be VK,

not to mentions his small body. Amazing works to hear how powerful he did the drums.

I rather not take Tsumi to Kisei as a remake, cos it's totally different song now.

I like Tsumi to Batsu but that's different thing.

And i enjoyed Tsumi To Kisei not because of this.

It is a cool song, the way it's produced, i really like it.

Really enjoyed it for when i go to sleep. It just makes my minds going.

Like uh...., more aggressive version of track IOWA by Slipknot.

Something like that. And i fucking love Iowa.

This is officially will be my lullaby for this week. No kidding.

The way every instruments were play to it's maximum.

The way they explore to their own instruments or bore us.

The way Kyo uses his vocal cord, what a gift.

Though i desperately want to know what he sang.

Cos all hear just repetition of "zaa zaa zoo zoo zaaa zoo!!! RAWR RAWR!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!"

No trolling.

But maybe that's the point of their music now?

Music > Lyrics? Cos who cares about words on the mosh pit amirite? :mrgreen:

Don't bother with Live recording [55th]

Always pointless for me, regardless the artists, sorry to say.

I wonder if people still would give tsumi to kisei the ratings 8/10, 9/10 (extremely high quality, close to being a timeless masterpiece) etc if it instead, for example, was an unknown polish death metal-LSD band who was behind it :D

I wonder if people still would give tsumi to kisei the ratings 8/10, 9/10 (extremely high quality, close to being a timeless masterpiece) etc if it instead, for example, was an unknown polish death metal-LSD band who was behind it :D

THIS. :wub:

There are many bands that play entire albums with songs that sound like Tsumi To Kisei and people like them.I'm one of those people.

srsly, DeG is a good brand.

Whatever u say, or do, love will still be all over them

MAJOR LUV~! :mrgreen:

i really like degs progressive metal era since uroboros but id like them to bring back vulgar/wtd sound but that wont happen ever

i guess with 8 albums in, they decided to show true talent after winning folks and money with easy chords with their previous albums

1. Different Sense: Sounded like a pig being strangled until he sings normal, love his voice. 4/10

2. Tsumi to kisei: I farted twice before writing this and that sounded better. 0/10

3. RED SOIL - Live: Meh. 2/10

Reason for my low rating is that i kinda have a love hate relation with this band,

i only like his songs where he sings, to me he has one of the best singing voices

(maybe the best) but i don't like the songs where he screams and makes strange noises.

PS: Before you say hater, i have 29 of their songs that have never left my playlist

in like 3 years.They also have more listens than all my other bands.........i'm a weird fan, xD.

I suppose that goes to show how good they are though, i mean they have songs that cater to all tastes.

^ I kind of have to disagree. I find his growling more impressive than his voice but that's just me.

I really could pick out like 3-5 vocalists that I prefer over Kyo.

While I thoroughly enjoyed Different Sense, Tsumi to kisei was too weird (even for me. It bastardized Tsumi to batsu.) and I hate live tracks.

I'm not really that crazy about growling, so I'm glad Different Sense is heavier on the weird screams and squeals side of things B')

I'm not sure where I'd rank Kyo as a singer, but he sure makes weird noises better than just about anyone.

^ I kind of have to disagree. I find his growling more impressive than his voice but that's just me.

I really could pick out like 3-5 vocalists that I prefer over Kyo.

While I thoroughly enjoyed Different Sense, Tsumi to kisei was too weird (even for me. It bastardized Tsumi to batsu.) and I hate live tracks.

This.

but id like them to bring back vulgar/wtd sound but that wont happen ever

this! i like their older sound more but it's like this band doesn't exist anymore.they are different people. i can't even imagine the now deg playing this kind of songs.

anyway

Hageshisa to, kono mune no naka >>>>>>>>>> difference sence>>> lotus

i didn't like lotus at all

i loved hageshisa

difference sence is ok.

i hate the cover!!! btw

i don't know if i should write this here or in a dir en grey thread generally

(i'm really afraid one day soon i'm not going to like their music any more at all

and i'm sad because they used to be one of my top fav bands

i'm still waiting to see what will happen)

There are many bands that play entire albums with songs that sound like Tsumi To Kisei and people like them.I'm one of those people.

So am I. That comment was seriously daft.

I like the whole single a lot.

Yet the guitar solo still sounds like it has no relation to the rest of the song, and I hate solos like that, so it bothers me a little. Everything else I like.

I like this single very much and their new style... but the only one that wasn't exactly what i expected is Tsumi To Kisei. Kind of... i dunno what to say about it... but as a preview of Dum Spiro Spero it's brilliant. 9/10 (because of TTK)

Different Sense turned out to be a far more enjoyable song than I expected. That said, it feels VERY disjointed. Parts of the song just don't seem to fit with the other parts. The begging reminds me of Marrow and just feels like a mess, Kyo's high pitch sequels are almost laughable to me, then at about 1:14 in the flow of the song changes into something far more controlled. The screams shift to the background and Kyo's singing takes the front stage, which sounds like it has improved. That is then followed by a solo, which is pretty cool, but once again, feels kinda out of place (reminded me of ReS). I kinda shift in to a calmer mood and start to enjoy the songs, but as soon as I do, I am snapped out of that by as the guitars pick up the pace and kyo does some scream/rapping. Then we have this weird "talking" section. I can't help but feel like the background screams don't help the song out at all. Then the song slows down again and I start to enjoy it again, it feels far more layered and detailed, there is a lot more to take in and enjoy at there parts, and I feel that they spent a lot more time planning the chorus than any other part of the songs, as it really sticks out as well done to me. Overall I am going to give it a 7 out of 10, it's worth dealing the the mediocre chugging heavy part to enjoy the the other bits of the song. On a side not, I don't really care for the recording/production on the drums in this song. They feel low in the mix and kind of flat to me.

I am going to reserve judgement on Tsumi to Kisei for now, but I do enjoy the bass in it.

different sense is perfect to me!! everything is just amazing in the song!!! 10/10

tsumi to batsu got a nice bass line and good ending. the guitar work is not the best but sounds ok~ 7/10

live track got strong power. 7/10

their old songs are great but DIR EN GREY > Dir en grey imo. :)

Okay, it's true! DIFFERENT SENSE was sort of unbearable until the chorus. But now that I listen to the song more, I actually like the growling and how it just transitions into the chorus parts. I love Kyo's clean vocals but its true, his growling is better sometimes. Then again, vocalists that growl or do heavy vocals have great or interesting clean vocals (case in point: Ruki (The GazettE), Ryouga (BORN), Jin(?)(NEGA), Byo (SCREW) and so on). Back to what this is about. DIFFERENT SENSE was good, I dislike 罪と規制, and the live i kind of dont bother listening to after the first listen.

DIFFERENT SENSE - Best part was the chorus. It's like Hageshisa to part. 2, recycled to the max. I certainly hope the new album isn't going to be full of this shit, or it will be boring as hell. Teasing me with some awesome chorus and then it turns out the full version is just plain crap filled with growling and screaming. They should've toned it down with the screaming, and then this would've been an amazing song. This is going straight into the trash. I do have to agree with doe that it isn't THAT bad after 1:20. Everything before that should've been left out. 5/10

Tsumi to kisei - Holy shit this is bad. They did a great job on butchering another one of their old good songs. This is so boring, there is absolutely NOTHING going on throughout the whole song. The second they are doing a Yokan remake I'll take the first plane to Japan and slap the shit out of them. Goes into the bin of worst songs so far in 2011 0/10

RED SOIL (live) - Idgaf 2/10

Weak DEG, very weak. I expect something good out of DSS. I'm secretly hoping they'll stop this one time and go back to the Withering to Death era...

Haters be damned the single is amazing. 10/10

haters gonna hate

If only I had the Kamijo gif right now!

Here you go :mrgreen: :

t2Spy.gif

I have a slight feeling that Different Sense will be much better received when the album is out.

I might even change my opinion later, if it sounds better as an album track (or the rest of album will be borderline shitty) -

some songs are not meant to be released as singles, this might be the case with it.

Okay, it's true! DIFFERENT SENSE was sort of unbearable until the chorus. But now that I listen to the song more, I actually like the growling and how it just transitions into the chorus parts. I love Kyo's clean vocals but its true, his growling is better sometimes. Then again, vocalists that growl -SCREAM or do "heavy" vocals have great or interesting clean vocals (case in point: Ruki (The GazettE), Ryouga (BORN), Jin(?)(NEGA), Byo (SCREW) and so on). Back to what this is about. DIFFERENT SENSE was good, I dislike 罪と規制, and the live i kind of dont bother listening to after the first listen.

FIXED

off-topic:

There is no such thing as "perfect" metal vocalist in vk scene, everyone has it's own flaws

and that concerns our lovely ex-vk band as well, DEG.

on-topic:

I just can't understand all this hate on TtK - I thought you loved Warsaw no Gensou-ish tracks :o. It's a nice Mr.Bungle-ish asylum metal song with an Opethian part (or parts, more likely) in the middle (is it me, or does Kyo try to emulate Åkerfeldt's growls?)

Not gonna comment any further since I've reviewed this already.

AMAZING NEW SINGLE!!!

I loved every single part of it!

I love all this disorder in order.

(yeah, I'm a whore for DEG since is my fav band)

It is bad that I loved Tsumi to Kisei a lot more then DIFFERENT SENSE?

I'm in love with Tsumi to Kisei :D

Different Sense

I love it. Uroboros was a real turn in their career from pure shit to something decent. If you ignore Hageshisa, everything after that has been pretty great. And fuck yeah guitar solo. They're finally getting a hold of what good metal is. Glad they're trying to be something more that just a faggy japanese version of Slipknot. 9/10

Haven't listened to the rest. Don't really care at the moment.

Different sense is one of DEG's best fucking bad ass guitar solo and Kyo has perfected his vocals :D:D

Sign in to follow this