Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

Dir en grey - Different Sense

out of all three singles off DUM SPIRO SPIRO the last one is my favorite. I flickin' love it when the guys get insane like this. though LOTUS was kind of 'o_O weird' for me I really love this new HEAVY sound. DIR EN GREY sound a lot like Europe to me now. which makes sense to me since TMOAB sounded like US. also it's nice to hear the boys not forgetting where are they from.

now, for the single itself

DIFFERENT SENSE - 11/10 FLICKIN' BUZZIN' GREAT. ROAR.

Tsumi To Kisei - 7/10 still trying to get into this DUM metal but seem to like it.

RED SOIL - 5/10 liked the song but nothing more.

Loved Different Sense, if the album follows the singles, I will love it.

DIFFERENT SENSE - 9.5/10

Tsumi to Kisei - 6.5/10

RED SOIL Live - 8.5/10

DIFFERENT SENSE - 8/10

For the first time in awhile I really liked a new Dir en grey song. Different Sense is great, the vocals are balanced out nicely, just enough cookie monster vocals to not turn me off but also some great high pitch wailing and some cool cleaner vocals.

Tsumi to Kisei - 3/10

Not my style of music, I probably shouldn't rate it at all.

... DIR EN GREY sound a lot like Europe to me now. which makes sense to me ...
... a lot like Europe to me ...
... Europe ...

mHNnVNTrBUU&feature=fvst

damit, now that you say it, FUCK YEAH, GLAM/COCK/Hair-Metal FTW

:D:D (trollface.jpg)

Well, actually I like tsumi to kisei even better than DS. Also didn't even bother listening to RED SOIL live version.

Different Sense - The beginning sounds good. Pure energy and intense drumming during the verse and the chorus has decent clean singing. All what I expect froum Diru! 9/10

罪と規制 - I think I'm kinda neutral about it. I got feeling as if it was half too long. What I saw there were ppl saying that it was a remake of "Tsumi to Batsu" (or Mitsu to Tsuba, how the heck should I read it in the proper way?) from Gauze album. But I don't see any similarities. 5/10

Red Soil [live] - I was never that interested in their live records, but I'll give a try. The beginning reminded me of "Mr. Newsman" but the part when Kyo was screaming sounded "Withering to Death" like. Still quite good 7/10

Overall: 8/10

And I'm gonna say that I'm already excited for DSS (but I know others are too :D )

At first for Different Sense I was a bit overwhelmed considering it's essentially a wall of noise coming at you full force, and personally I'm not fond of Kyo's guttural ranting/pig squeal mixtures, they just don't have much force behind them (the death metal sounding back-of-the-throat shouting) I prefer the full on insane screaming in Saku, if he has to scream.

Having said that, as soon as the first chorus kicks in the song becomes a whole other beast, and it's pretty much the best of the kind of sound that DeG have been working towards these last years, and I really enjoyed it as well. In a similar fashion, I saw the PV and thought 'wtf, tentacle rape, really?' but it has grown on me very quickly, the grotesque imagery/facial makeup and overall mood reminds me of earlier DeG before their PVs became more minimalist and featuring almost no close-up shots of the members besides Kyo himself. So I appreciated that too.

As for Tsumi to Kisei, I can see how it can be considered boring, and it would definitely fail as part of an album, but I think musically it's very interesting, it has an overall sense of foreboding/impending doom and the general feeling/sound it creates is quite sophisticated (despite it essentially being Kyo's guttural noises throughout) This one is more an experimentation with sound and feeling as opposed to your generic music track.

I didn't listen to the live.

I'd give it a B+

I anticipate the album greatly

Hated it at first. But the chorus is just so strong that it pulled the song into my heart. I think it is hands down one of the most beautiful choruses ever constructed by them. Now, I can't get enough of this song.

Tsumi to kisei - Me don't like. Just rubs me the wrong way.

Like I've said to many releases as of late. Decent.

Sign in to follow this