Sign in to follow this  
SUBLIMINAL

D'espairsRay - MONSTERS

late review!

Defnitely like the album more than REDEEMER. I can listen through the album without needing to skip a song, couldn't do that with REDEEMER. It's harder and edgier, which are big pluses after all those pop sounding singles on REDEEMER. Got sick of that sound.

But its not as strong as MIRROR or Coll:Set for me. The album feels a bit rushed and some of the just OK songs could have turned out great if they gave themselves more time. The love is dead b-sides are stronger than some of the tracks here, they shouldn't be.

My favourite song is FALLING. This is the sound I was expecting for the whole album (electronic hardish-rock), what they said it would sound like but they must have changed their angle while making it. The synths sound so good here, although the chorus could have been better.

The ballad abyss is getting a lot of hate here, but I quite like it. Not as emotional as SCREEN but a great song for a band that hardly does ballad songs.

Great, but not perfect.

8.5/10

hmmm, the album sounded pretty generic to me - but like i've said a thousand times b4, i don't rly like the the alternative/poppy side since mirror

Sign in to follow this