Erin

Worst Mistakes in Love

WHY ARE ALL THE NICE AND AMAZING GIRLS OUT THERE TAKEN!

This, I've talked to many girls and even dated some online but when it comes to actually pursuing girls that are in the same state as me its like everyone has a boyfriend. 

I'd like to think that there hasn't been any "worst mistakes" in my previous relationships at all. There is only one "mistake" I still can't get away with even after all these years; I had a BIG crush (seriously, ever since I met him when I was 7) on this one guy and if we're being honest, it still hasn't gotten anywhere after over ten years, even if I haven't seen him in over two years. The mistake is that I never did anything and probably still wouldn't.

Of course there has been some mistakes in my previous relationships, but like I said, I don't think any of them is worth mentioning.

I fall in love too quickly, usually with the wrong girl. I date a girl for a time, but later on, I feel that she's not pleased with me, and she's better off on her own, or usually with someone else.

In most of my relationships, I've been cheated on; hey, when you date online, it's pretty easy to cheat. That's why I need to quit doing that...also, they'd much rather be on their own, which I can understand. But when a girlfriend cheats on me/leaves me for a guy, that's pretty damn insulting, cuz basically I've just dated a girl posing as a lesbian. I hate that shit. I also seem to fall in love with people with a complicated personality, which occured in three relationships I had. My first one was a pervert who was into some weird shit, and she later took advantage of me (hey I was 14, okay, I had no idea what the hell I was doing), and she later dumped me for a guy. My next one was a fucking 13 yr old fangirl in a 21 yr old woman's body, who dumped me after realizing (???) that two women can't work and pay the bills and have kids like a man and a woman can which is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read. The other one, who was my last relationship, was a fucking hardass who judged me on my behavior, how I was paranoid about everything, and she would even make me have panic episodes when she yelled at me. She was a sweet person, but inside, she was a cold bitch. Now, I plan on meeting my real girl (whom I've dated before, and want to date again; she's super sweet and awesome) in person, not online. That shit's pretty stressful.

Guest MollyMouse

I put way too much effort forward and only ever come out being that "sweet and all" girl who just isn't "working out"

I trust easily and fall for people who don't really flirt with a purpose... so I end up believing I am special and have a shot when in fact I'm just a mean to boost egos.

Allowing love to be your one and only weakness.                                                                                                                                                        

Staying too long. Trying to fix things when I know deep down there's no way of salvaging the relationship without losing my sanity. Giving up my own life for the other person's happiness and ego. Pretty much ignoring clearly abusive situations and not knowing how to stand up for myself or how to walk away. 

Communicating how I feel is going to be super hard in future relationships because I'm used to just shutting down.

I've been told many times over that I have horrible taste in guys. A lot of the dudes I've ended up going out with (mostly due to settling for a guy who I thought, "oh, he's kinda cute, I can deal with this") were just... weird. My last ex turned out to be not only terribly weird but also emotionally abusive. I'm also one of those with a tendency to fall for dudes who are assholes and/or have zero interest in me whatsoever.

[Fair warning, I'm also venting here because nowhere else to vent.] My most recent big one though was, I had a huge crush on a musician friend of mine for years but never got up the courage to tell him when I had the chance. He ended up prying it out of me, only to basically tell me I wasn't skinny enough for his taste and that we could still be friends then randomly start ignoring me and blocking me out of the blue later. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to stop thinking so much about a guy who I know now would have been a terrible choice. I don't know if I miss him or the friendship more. It just hurts that such a long friendship that at one point was so close, it seemed like at times he reciprocated my feelings, seems to have meant so little to the other person. There are so many happy memories I can't look back on and music I can't listen to without getting sad because of this stupid guy. I was the person he messaged at 3 AM to vent when he had girl problems and sent pictures to and talked about intimate topics with. And then he claimed he had zero interest in me. When I could have sworn on multiple occasions he was flirting with me. Maybe it was just in my head, I don't know. *sigh*

I'm struggling to believe I'll ever find someone I'm attracted to that won't turn out to be a weirdo or a total asshat.

Edited by Luca
I edit everything

-Trust people very easily  but in the end being lied to.

-Liking someone i shouldn't which led me waste my time and not focus on my studies and in the end did poorly in my final high school exams.

I've learnt from my mistakes and open my eyes to pick a guy that i treasures me and I can trust :) 

Falling for girls much younger than me. In the last 2 years, I've had really strong connections with girls that are years younger than I am. We have a similar sense of humor, we can talk about serious things, we have similar perspectives on life, and we just like being with each other. But then after a few weeks they realize that they're still finding out who they are and they just can't handle a serious relationship. And I'm at a stage in my life where I'm ready to settle down with someone. I get it. They're going through things like school, making friends, and discovering themselves, and having to think about a love relationship is just too much to handle. I just always wish I would've moved slower because when they tell me they just want to be friends, my heart gets pretty bruised up and it takes me a while to get back to my normal self. 

I've made some pretty decent falling-out-of-love playlists though to get me through, so I guess it's not all bad. Thank God for music. Seriously, the thought of being alone with my thoughts in silence terrifies me the most in these moments of heartache. You just feel so alone.

Edited by ghost

Getting into a rebound relationship. I didn't realise it at the time but soon found out that I still loved my ex. I obviously told this to my then gf...in her room (not neutral ground. What a noob). Received a lot of hate messages, sorry messages, angry messages, I love you messages. Proclaimed my love to my ex (who had deeply hurt me previously, I might add). Turns out she had a new bf. 

This situation was a big mistake. This is why I have not written in full sentences like a grown up. Learn from my errors! XD