Pretsy

黒夢/Kuroyume

There were some topics about Kuroyume in the news section...but where's the artist thread for them?

Anyways:

黒夢/Kuroyume

61895275.png

And once again, wikiquote:

Kuroyume (黒夢, lit. Black Dream) is a rock group that formed in Nagoya, Japan during May 1991, currently consisting of vocalist Kiyoharu and bassist Hitoki. They began as a visual kei group and carried similar looks throughout their career. The band had a definite influence on the visual kei scene, being credited as inspiration to many bands of the late '90's visual kei boom and as one of the bands that created Nagoya kei.

The band suspended activities for an indefinite period on January 29, 1999. Kuroyume was officially disbanded at their final live on January 29, 2009.

However a year later in January 2010, Kiyoharu announced the revival of Kuroyume

Member lineup(s):

First lineup:

Kiyoharu - Vocals

Hitoki - Bass

Shin - Guitars

Masaru/Taiki - drums (session drummers)

Current lineup:

Kiyoharu - vocals, guitar (in some tracks)

Hitoki - Bass, guitars

Session members:

K-A-Z - guitars

Go - drums

+ some unknown guy from Misery pv (since he appeared in their recent tour gigs o_o)

So, this is my number one favorite band - This band, basically, cured my so-called "degfreak" disease ( I am still trying to get my fandom years back :( )

Also: my favorite Kiyoharu project

Wish there could be more bands like them - with crazy vibrato vocals and catchy bass...

My favorite albums by them:

1. Fake star -I'm Just a Japanese Fake Rocker- (their most experimental album)

2. Feminism (beautiful album)

3. Drug Treatment (punky album but there are some nice experimental twists in it)

4. Mayoeru Yuritachi -Romance of Scarlet- (one of the best old school vk releases ever, hands down)

Must-try songs:

Q3PMqiwhiYo

9OUCG5nfYHg

(Kyo, is it you?)

U1zsS1coP5s

dvhbBnQQZUM

Fans around here?

I love Kuroyume from indies era up until the Feminism album. After that, I only like a few songs and I'm meh about their most recent stuff. Favorite songs are "Misery" (the original 1993 song), "Nakigara wo," "Utopia," and "Aimed Blade at You." Mayoeru Yuritachi is one also of my favorite visual kei albums of all time.

Oh yeah, and Kiyoharu was beautiful!

1. Fake star -I'm Just a Japanese Fake Rocker- (their most experimental album)

2. Feminism (beautiful album)

Those are my absolute faves too, and 3rd place goes to the Cruel (mini?) album. Their more "visual kei" indies stuff is good too, but these three are my all-time favorites. I'm not really a fan of their later punky era, but it had some good songs too. ^^

...and I'm not really liking much about the new/reformed Kuroyume, sadly.

edit: and some random weirdness to spice up the topic... xD

ApDyttevJCs

ApDyttevJCs

LOL

that commercial still freaks me out

Btw, people, since this is relevant to everything made by Kuroyume (gigs, stuff etc. etc.)

I would like to post some material off their recent XXXX THE FAKE STAR - tour gig:

KHgk50T7K50

and

n6fgy3dQhkM

+

24mH8e_m2ww

DM-Y79OJROQ

(PFFFT feminism era songsssss :DUUR: )

+ there's also some BAD SPEED PLAY - live performance floating around, but it's not worth posting since it's cutted in the middleway

/desperate fanboy mode off

Looking back at their older stuff makes me remember how good they were. I need to listen to them more.

Random thought, I was listening to Feminism in the car today and fell in love with the song "眠れない日に見る時計" again. I forgot how good it was. ^^

I'm fairly new to Kuroyume, I've only been listening to them for a couple months. I really like their new releases, but I've been wanting to listen to their older songs too.

So thanks for the videos!

I've been a Damned fan all my life because my mom and I used to listen to it together.

That cover of New Rose... lol it isn't awful. I guess it just sounds really weird to me because I'm used to hearing the original.

I'm fairly new to Kuroyume, I've only been listening to them for a couple months. I really like their new releases, but I've been wanting to listen to their older songs too.

So thanks for the videos!

I've been a Damned fan all my life because my mom and I used to listen to it together.

That cover of New Rose... lol it isn't awful. I guess it just sounds really weird to me because I'm used to hearing the original.

:mrgreen:

I guess every Kiyoharu cover will sound weird to you as well (read: Venus cover for example ( I AM YOUR PENIS, I AM YOUR FIRE OH, DEZAIAHHH))

am I the only one loving the CORKSCREW album? :(

No, I like it too! One of my favorite albums.

My favorite song is Cowboy. I don't know why... It makes me happy. :)

Well, Kuroyume is one of my biggest favs. I love Kiyoharu-san!! :D

Now, looking back to my Kuroyume-obsessed comments, I am more than embarassed atm... :oops:

@Marshall Lee: Corkscrew would have been more..."variable" imo, it just feels like a *real* beginning for Kiyoharu's Sads-project feat. Hitoki's blandest bass ever in Kuroyume's career (well, Headache and Dub Reel Inch is the one taking that title tbqh :lol:)

Now, a question: am I the only one who started to love Nakigara wo even more and more? It's just pitiable that it gets overlooked on all occasions (especially considering the fact that most people check Mayoeru Yuritachi instead...which isn't as good as their first indie full-length :mrgreen: )

I probably should just stray away from spamming and leave my current Kuroyume top 3:

1) Nakigara wo... (honestly though, I have overlooked it earlier :lol:)

2) Feminism (one of the best 90s Jpop albums to date, seriously)

3) Fake Star (Essential non-vk hits of Kuroyume can be found here)

/end

1) Nakigara wo... (honestly though, I have overlooked it earlier :lol:)

2) Feminism (one of the best 90s Jpop albums to date, seriously)

3) Fake Star (Essential non-vk hits of Kuroyume can be found here)

I think my top 3 would be the same three albums, just in reverse order, haha. :)

I've been trying to get into them, but I really can't do it for some reason. I liked "Ice My Life," the first time I listened to it, but then I can't seem to like it whenever I listen to it again. I've also listened to their Romance of Scarlet album and it really didn't blow my mind. The only song I really like by them so far is "Missing Glory," from a 1993 omnibus.

I've been trying to get into them, but I really can't do it for some reason. I liked "Ice My Life," the first time I listened to it, but then I can't seem to like it whenever I listen to it again. I've also listened to their Romance of Scarlet album and it really didn't blow my mind. The only song I really like by them so far is "Missing Glory," from a 1993 omnibus.

Try Nakigara wo... (first, indies album) if you haven't - Romance of Scarlet is just overrated (yes, I am serious)

Kuroyume is amazing. I'm not huge on their early stuff (it's still quite good but not my taste), but Feminism is perfection. Drug treatment, fake star, corkscrew are great too. I'd say check out feminism first. : )

Kuroyume is amazing. I'm not huge on their early stuff (it's still quite good but not my taste), but Feminism is perfection. Drug treatment, fake star, corkscrew are great too. I'd say check out feminism first. : )

Well I wouldn't go with Feminism as a prime recommendation if ICE MY LIFE sounded somewhat *tiring* (if Herpes were here, he would already kill me for that)

Shounen feat. Miyavi :)

xCThaqUR5Xk

Kiyoharu's voice is not that good here :v

But it's nice to see Miyavi doing a great collab! (not sure if this is part of his "collab campaign" with such artists as Tokio Hotel ( :arg: ) and 30 seconds to Mars ( :wat: ) for instance)