Pretsy

黒夢/Kuroyume

Started to appreciate Nagkiara o album much much more lately. Amazing album.

Also, do anybody know in what live it was that Kiyoharu almost died from hanging himself? I think it was indies era but I'm not sure of what live it was.

do you this one?

(around 10:00 mark)

That's lifted off their first "UNDER" VHS, which was released around late 1992, so I believe it's from the same time span...

Wow. I think I watched that footage before but totally didn't see that scene.

I wonder how legendary he'd be now if he had actually died right there.

They have been really radical... that is the kind of visual kei I love and also miss. For me early Kuroyume are in the same league as Deshabillz, Madeth gray'll and maybe Aliene Ma'riage too; the bands who had this dark sound and macabre aesthetics combined with lyrics and songs about twisted or disturbing topics. Also I love their obvious goth/post-punk influences.

亡骸を is indeed a masterpice and wondeful album. I really love how expressive the music and Kiyoharu's sorrowful singing are. Cruel was interesting too, I am not so much a fan of Romance of Scarlet, but it is starting to grow on me. However, I am in the same "I like their stuff until 1994" boat. I really don't dig what Kuroyume have done since after their feminism album. It is generally weird for me when a band completely changes the style...

Hah, I wish there'd be still Kuroyume copycats around (like eraly dir en grey and, well... every old 90s visual kei band that has existed).

They have been really radical... that is the kind of visual kei I love and also miss. For me early Kuroyume are in the same league as Deshabillz, Madeth gray'll and maybe Aliene Ma'riage too; the bands who had this dark sound and macabre aesthetics combined with lyrics and songs about twisted or disturbing topics. Also I love their obvious goth/post-punk influences.

亡骸を is indeed a masterpice and wondeful album. I really love how expressive the music and Kiyoharu's sorrowful singing are. Cruel was interesting too, I am not so much a fan of Romance of Scarlet, but it is starting to grow on me. However, I am in the same "I like their stuff until 1994" boat. I really don't dig what Kuroyume have done since after their feminism album. It is generally weird for me when a band completely changes the style...

Hah, I wish there'd be still Kuroyume copycats around (like eraly dir en grey and, well... every old 90s visual kei band that has existed).

If we would take certain, new "kotekote-ish" acts into account - Grieva also sported some obvious Kuroyume worship in their songs (Some songs in Oni to Kage actually reminded me of those present in Nakigara O...) - but yeah, it's kinda sad that no one even tries to pay a tribute to Kuroyume's old sound these days (the hell, there is even ~no~ Kuroyume tribute album with PRE-CRUEL SONGS)

I myself am quite open to their changes, except when it comes to mediocrity called  'Headache and Dub Reel Inch' 

Btw, is it me or do I sense some possible old school comeback with "Kuro to Kage" title ("Blackness and the Shadow"??) Guess I am just dreaming :D

as much i loved and grew up with the 90's kuroyume and dir en grey

(i was there when direngrey released 'gauze'),

and contrary to the fact that the old "visual rock" scene is what hooked me up with japanese rock ,

i wish they both never go back to old school visuals - 

id shoot myself if they started to go all pink and purple all over again with weird vibratos 

(but again , i did love them like that when i was young) -

maybe i grew up too old and started to lean onto more "contemporary sound" ...

i loved 'headache dub reel inch' and i hope they make 'kuro to kage' 

like an extension to the predecessor with a different 'theme' -

but im happy if they bring up again the old hardcore / punk sounds like "bad speed play", "sick" , or "barter"

it seems that everybody 'dislikes' the new kuroyume and sads ,

but i like their 'mature' sound . melodies and how they 

handle instruments and song structures , even tho some song might sound completely 'mirrored each other' .

Well Headache was too bland for me, that was the only problem. I actually quite like the punk/alt rock Kuroyume. They've made some pretty good songs and I'd say that's just more of their thing - they just grew out of the extremity of their vk days. Let's see what we get for Kuro to Kage, for now we can only guess...

It seems like a lot of people here like really super-old Kuroyume stuff.

But honestly the only Kuroyume era I like is their 90s pop stuff.

Seriously, Kiyoharu in crop top + cheesy synths FTW

I think it's hard to compare early Kuroyume with mid 90s Kuroyume and late/current Kuroyume. They are all extremely different, especially music-wise.
Feminism is the last record I can care about, anything afterwards wasn't really touching me. But it's nice to see that they did a tribute to their earlier years. I wonder if there will be any live recordings (maybe on a DVD). Or maybe any liev reports about how good or bad they performed their old material.

^ It wasn't bad. Granted, I haven't been able to listen to it again after going through it once, lol.

(I'm like that with most of Kuroyume's newer stuff anyway)

Personally i prefer the new kuroyume sound than the older one, then my question is, isn't that song so undertone (lol i don't know if this word exist in english or not) to be the last of the career? i hoped in something sharper than this :( it's so strange...

Personally i prefer the new kuroyume sound than the older one, then my question is, isn't that song so undertone (lol i don't know if this word exist in english or not) to be the last of the career? i hoped in something sharper than this :( it's so strange...

As a small update: they are half-active atm so that might explain it (having this "DEATH MASK" moniker once again and performing older songs once in a while, god knows how long it will last)

Regarding me and my reasons for necroing: the fact that I converted our fellow Stallion into this Kuroyume fandom made me realize the beauty behind Romance of Scarlet. Holy motherheck, I feel so bad for my earlier me and my questionable dislike towards that album, so many Shin gems...christ.

So beautifully eerie, unf