Sign in to follow this  
morbiusss

lynch - I BELIEVE IN ME

another solid album. they really have cool tunes.

BUT

please compare the beginnings from LIE, ALL THIS I WILL GIVE YOU and AN ILLUSION

ehm... :gaga: ....i really do think it shows that hazuki is the only songwriter in lynch. generally (all songs do have that specific lynch or may i say hazuki feeling and sound) and really in the beginnings of those 3 songs. what was he thinking?

even my dog began to bark at the third song when i played those 3 songs in a row cause he thought he has to hear the same song again!!!!

another solid album. they really have cool tunes.

BUT

please compare the beginnings from LIE, ALL THIS I WILL GIVE YOU and AN ILLUSION

ehm... :gaga: ....i really do think it shows that hazuki is the only songwriter in lynch. generally (all songs do have that specific lynch or may i say hazuki feeling and sound) and really in the beginnings of those 3 songs. what was he thinking?

even my dog began to bark at the third song when i played those 3 songs in a row cause he thought he has to hear the same song again!!!!

AHAHAH

Good that you mentioned it since they do have the same structure + overused tapping intro...

But I thought this was quite neat album

A gleam in the eye sounds better than ever

Not sure about title track and JUDGEMENT tho

My rating

8/10

I like LIE and UNTIL I DIE the most. Overall it's a really strong album, possibly their best yet but I'll have to give it a few more listens before I can say that.

I've only heard the album twice, but I am really enjoying it. But I am, surprised that the album is mostly pure pop. A little rock and alternative metal, but not much at all. Mostly pop, and it's GOOD pop.

After two listens I'll give it 9/10 and say it is their best. I won't know that yet, need to listnen to it more before I really know. But impression so far's good.

I've only heard the album twice, but I am really enjoying it. But I am, surprised that the album is mostly pure pop. A little rock and alternative metal, but not much at all. Mostly pop, and it's GOOD pop.

After two listens I'll give it 9/10 and say it is their best. I won't know that yet, need to listnen to it more before I really know. But impression so far's good.

Pretty much this. Want to say that I only needed a few listens to really like this, while their last four albums required multiple listens before it started growing on me. Easily their most accessible album and they kept the parts of their rock and metal sounds that worked and mixed it with pop hooks and slick production well. This album has a great flow although I can't help but feel like there's something small missing. Still, 9/10, all the way.

As I'm not a fan of lynch, I am surprised to say that I've managed to double the amount of songs I can tolerate by them.

LIE, THIS COMA, BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, and SCARLET [and maybe 2 others].

To me they were always the band that was heavy for the sake of being heavy.

*Shrugs*.

all this i'll give you, I would have liked if they killed the intro and end, because the chorus was nice.

not a fan of their heavier songs, and even then the other tracks I would call 'generic' in means of being irritating.

in the end, better than expected, but still no plans of becoming a fan.

4/10. subpar. whatever.

Not a bad album! Listened to it once so far. There were some interesting/cool moments (e.g. LIE), but all in all it just kinda melted together, too much samey-sounding stuff. But it's kinda nice. Will be listening to it more, 'cause there's some good stuff there.

I admit I love their old stuff, and have to get used to their newer direction a bit...

I didn't really like their recent materials prior to I BELIEVE IN ME, but this album was surprisingly pleasing. Listened to it repeatedly, & it really grew on me. 8.5/10, definitely their strongest release so far.

personally, for me this album sounded like The Avoided Sun part.2

Why? Because The Avoided Sun was their first attempt with cleaner sounds.

More structured and not just random "grmbl grmbl growl waaakh!"

like most songs on Underneath The Skin and Greedy Dead Souls.

I am most definitely sure Th Avoided Sun got that quality for a Major album.

It got everything it needs, ballad, mellow song, energetic, riotic, just name it.

And with I BELIEVE IN ME, they seems doing the same formula, only much better .

Here is my two cents, copasted from

one part of my tumblog entry the other day: http://goo.gl/AC3Cd

It was really good. Pure adrenaline (rock way, not metal) back to back.

How should i describe it best, at some part you can still hear their old style mixed with their new sounds that are more progressive.

The duration of this album kinda fast though, either it is because i really enjoy it so i don't quite notice everytime songs end or it is indeed fast.

The songs in this album dominated by 4 minutes songs, shortest is 2.10, aside of the opening of course, and longest is 4:46

Listening to album is like devouring freshly baked chocolate chips cookies.

You'll find yourself couldn't stop munching,

and when it's gone, you'll want another bowl.

And another one and another one.

It's just that good.

Nothing to harsh or too "American" within their sounds. No Over the top sounds and experiments.

Though they can't be called lazy as well.

They're just being themselves, modern rock at it's finest. Without isolating both, old and new fans. People who love their AVOIDED SUN era will love it and people who enjoyed their SHADOWZ era will be exultated. Fans will feel unabashed by it.

One part it is very nostalgic, and on another it is very optimistic. Looks like their first effort for major release didn't dissapointing at all.

Playing safe? Probably so.

But does it matter when music is what important?

They could do a little bit more harder, but they don't for the sake of quality than quantity.

Which i respect, a lot.

All songs are equally good. Even the opening, that kinda daunting with the piano, i am not even lying.

But i find some songs played more than the other on my music players.

Here is songs that i think very ear catchy yet so rocking, and potentially become favourites:

1. LIE (neat song)

2. -273.15℃ (be ready to throw your chair away and bang your head, it's just so chaotic!)

3. SCARLET (well, not much comment, you just have to listen to it and fall in love with it)

4. UNTIL I DIE (great first track that set your mood in)

5. I BELIEVE IN ME (title track should never be dissapointing, and they made it)

6. THIS COMA (pretty and groovy mid tempo song, for a breath in)

7. ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU (read #3)

I still wondering what creature is that on the cover art though.

It looks like a female kappa for me.

Just the fact the eyes and the beak just resemblant to Kappa's

While the long hair kinda reminds me with Sa Gojou,

(aka Ero Kappa) from Gensou Maden Saiyuuki series.

Everytime i'm loking at it now,

i can't help but to think about him, with boobs ^__^;;;

But that just me.

Will probably do some more in depth review,

as i listening to it more.

So here it is for now.

I LOVED this album. Easily their best album and I enjoyed the flow of this album the most (except I think the last 2 songs should be switched). I am glad that they re-recorded the singles and they sounded so much better. Not a huge fan of this band, but I was pleasantly suprised by this album. Did anyone else notice that the last few lyrics in SCARLET are exactly the same as in AMBIVALENT IDEAL? Anyways, I give this album a 9/10.

Did anyone else notice that the last few lyrics in SCARLET are exactly the same as in AMBIVALENT IDEAL?

Actually "quarter life", but yeah!

The album was great, hands down their best release yet. Too lazy to do a review, but I'd give it 9/10 as well.

Did anyone else notice that the last few lyrics in SCARLET are exactly the same as in AMBIVALENT IDEAL?

Actually "quarter life", but yeah!

The album was great, hands down their best release yet. Too lazy to do a review, but I'd give it 9/10 as well.

I do not now why I just mixed those 2 songs up, I meant "quarter life", thanks for the correction :)

not a big fan of lynch. but the album surprised me a lot. i meant A LOT. i agree that lynch. has changed their sound a bit.wasn't Hazuki just recovered from illness if I'm not mistaken? so its not a wonder when there are less screams on their songs. surprisingly,the album really made me enjoy all of the songs!!! I might say their latest album is at their best. <3

what else?!? oh yeah. my rating rite there ---> 10/10 (no joke.seriously)

It's a great album but somehow i cant remember even one song now, 30 mins after i listened through it. Everything sounds the same and blends together...

I'll started off by saying that I'm not really a lynch fan and had only listened to 3 singles by them. I didn't like one, thought the other was okay, and only really liked one single.

However that being said, their new album is pretty good. It took me a second listen to really appreciate the album. There are a lot of good songs and interesting things going on to enjoy and hold your interest. I'm glad they're not just being heavy for the sake of being heavy. They have some very awesome melodic guitar riffs and song melody's going on.

There are a few problems. One of them is Hazuki clean vocals. I enjoy his growls and everything else, but there are instances where his clean vocals have a tendency to sound dragged out. Which can be off putting to the listener. Another thing is the choruses of certain songs. They're not as strong as they should be. The band did an excellent job with the verses, guitar solos, bridges and breakdowns, but I feel some choruses fell just a bit short of that standard.

Overall score: 7.5/10

If your into rock, heavy stuff, or a lynch fan you'll probably end up enjoying this. And even if you aren't a lynch fan I think at the very least it is worth a listen.

Its a good, solid album. Like their other albums, the best tracks are the tracks that combine heavy sounds with pop melodies. A GLEAM IN EYE, UNTIL I DIE etc.

But people, their sound has not changed. At all. They've been doing poppy choruses their whole career. They've been doing this since DAY 1. Is VK so limited in its scope of sound that fans believe this album is any different to SHADOWZ or greedy dead souls? Higher production does not equal a remarkable change in sound.

About the only change that has happened in the past 2 albums is that they're experimenting with piano. Not revolutionary at all, especially when its confined to an introduction track here. It at least got put in a main song in SHADOWZ.

And that's my main critisism - this band sticks to what it knows. And after 4 full albums, singles and mini's, this album shows they are just too scared to take their sound anywhere else. Still enjoyable as a stand-alone effort, but in the big picture this is nothing to rave about.

6.5/10

omg @tony and i was starting to believe i was crazy because i was the only one who thought this album feels same lynch as always

maybe his "screams/brutal" vocals changed a little i think

(more "screamo" feeling , less brutal or something sorry i don't know how to describe it better)

ok their older songs were more favorite to me but the last albums

feel the same. i never got disappointed , i never got super excited ,i just like them <3

Its a good, solid album. Like their other albums, the best tracks are the tracks that combine heavy sounds with pop melodies. A GLEAM IN EYE, UNTIL I DIE etc.

But people, their sound has not changed. At all. They've been doing poppy choruses their whole career. They've been doing this since DAY 1. Is VK so limited in its scope of sound that fans believe this album is any different to SHADOWZ or greedy dead souls? Higher production does not equal a remarkable change in sound.

About the only change that has happened in the past 2 albums is that they're experimenting with piano. Not revolutionary at all, especially when its confined to an introduction track here. It at least got put in a main song in SHADOWZ.

And that's my main critisism - this band sticks to what it knows. And after 4 full albums, singles and mini's, this album shows they are just too scared to take their sound anywhere else. Still enjoyable as a stand-alone effort, but in the big picture this is nothing to rave about.

6.5/10

so true.

plus: the album gets boring very quickly allthough most of the tracks are good. but for me nothing stood out, they didnt try anything new. SHADOWS was better compared to this, especially cause of CULTIC MY EXECUTION which has to be lynchs best song ever.

why did they take nearly 2 years to write that standard material?

I have to say that it was enjoyable for a listen or 2. Don't get me wrong, I love the songs, but listening this often, nah. I'll be listening the songs apart from each other a lot more often, but as an album, that'll be maybe once in two months.

I totally agree with Tony, but I didnt't enjoy the album. I can hear their musical skills, but they're not my cup of tea, that's it.

Sign in to follow this