Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Rammstein

How are you guys liking the new album? Surreal to think there hasn't been one for a decade.

Personally I quite like it so far (after one-and-a-half listen). I feel like they brought back some of the 'old-school' clinically cold Rammstein vibes, but maybe I'm just thinking that because of the stark synths. They also experiment with some new sounds too (I don't think they've ever done such a straight-up disco/electro-rock track like "Ausländer" before, haha). In any case, most of the songs are entertaining enough and with 45 mins the album doesn't overstay its welcome. I'm enjoying this one.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Fun album indeed. While I might not praise it as much as the media are doing atm (I see 10/10, 6/6 and 5/5 everywhere), I can actually understand it. Not quite on par with their earlier albums, but doesn't stand back to their previous three albums. Fun, enjoyable, catchy.

I might have to go with Ausländer as the best track off the album. Sounds like a mix of Laibach and Rammstein gone EDM. 

2 hours ago, Bear said:

I might have to go with Ausländer as the best track off the album. Sounds like a mix of Laibach and Rammstein gone EDM. 

Haha, true! That's one of my highlights too.

Also really enjoyed Radio and Puppe. The other songs are okay too, but I don't remember that much of them yet.

Edited by Jigsaw9

I honestly was a tiny bit disappointed by the album. The songs sure are catchy, but for me, some sounded like Metal Schlager (international fans might not mean what I mean by Schlager...but German fans will know, and they will curse me for saying this.)

Deutschland is a great song, love the atmosphere, the lyrics (although I first was bit irritated by all the random pronouns used in the verses.)

For me personally, the album is a bit too soft. On top of that I feel as if most of these topics have been done by them before...but their counterparts are way better.

It's still a good album, I just exspected a bit more depth in some places (lyric wise), and an overall heavier sound.

Puppe was my personal highlight, btw!

Sign in to follow this