Sign in to follow this  
Spectralion

The GazettE - VORTEx

Lets say that the GazettE really takes some time to listen to their past releases and decide maybe that the switch to SONY wasn't the right move...cant they leave? Or does SONY have them on a leash? Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I do agree with the fact that this could also be SONY's doing. I mean, it happened to UVERworld and most other SONY bands. It would've been better if they had joined (YES I MEAN IT) avex trax or something. Avex are money whores, but they pretty much let their artists do whatever they want (example D, Gackt and Nightmare)

Well PS company is a sub-division of Free-Will, which instead, co-operates with SONY all the time

so it would have been impossible for Gazette to end up in avex company since they were automatically transferred to Sony's side. + not sure if they had to join against their will or not but Sony's apparently more popular than avex nowadays (close connections to foreign countries blaahblaah)

But yes, avex is much better...especially if we consider the fact that it has "vk-godfathers" there...Luna Sea and Kuroyume :mrgreen:

Ah, I didn't know that, :mrgreen:, didn't know PSC was a port of Free-Will. Guess we'll never see it happen though. They practically had no other choice than SONY...I hope this will never ever happen to Alice Nine. PSC already died partly when Kagrra, disbanded. Even IF SONY is more popular, I'm still more for avex, I prefer them over SONY. And that's apart from the fact that my favourite band (D) and some other favs (Gackt, Nightmare, Megamasso) are on it. And SADS, Kuroyume, Luna Sea...do I have to say more?

And tbh, I'm afraid SONY's popularity will start to go downhill really fast until they finally fix the Playstation Network :lol:

To the poster above me: I'm afraid SONY got them on a leash. Like Pretsy mentioned, PSC is part of Free-Will that is again a part of SONY. Besides, I'm pretty sure they signed a two-year contract. Besides, I think they're making a lot of money of the GazettE, so I don't think SONY is willing to release them. And PSC won't let the GazettE move away from SONY, they're pretty much trapped. That PSC woman is evil.

And?

let's put it this way.

the band itself calls their "rock" gazerock.

just like the keyboardist of HORSE the band called the band (in a joke, obviously) to be nintendocore and then all the media and the people started to call them this way.

Doesn't really matter. It's retarded, because there's no such thing as "gazerock", just like there's no such thing as "nintendocore". The band themself (HtB) despises the term and only JOKED about it once or twice, simpley because it is not a genre. Had a talk with the band after a show a few years back, and we talked about this as well asother things.

I love Horse the Band btw.

Doesn't really matter. It's retarded, because there's no such thing as "gazerock", just like there's no such thing as "nintendocore". The band themself (HtB) despises the term and only JOKED about it once or twice, simpley because it is not a genre. Had a talk with the band after a show a few years back, and we talked about this as well asother things.

I love Horse the Band btw.

I love Htb too, it's one of my favourite bands.

That's what I tried to say, he was joking but everyone started to label the band as nintendocore.

in other point, if we're going to talk about genres that doesn't exist...

metal, punk, hip-hop, pop, visual kei, etc. none of this actually exist, it's just MUSIC (or people playing with some instruments).

that if we're going to get all deep and profound about life and that stuff lulz

back on the discussion, gazerock doesn't exist but for the band it does exist. it's the way to call their "style" imo.

note that I'm not defending them, I only love their stuff until gama. from their new stuff i like some songs and the DIM album.

They transfered to Sony Music. They have no future anymore.

Gazerock is dead.

Maybe girugamesh should head on over to Sony too. It seems like corporate would like their style of music.

wait wait wait

Are you implying that Deg has no future as well since both gazette and diru are in sony? (hint: firewall division --> free-will ---> Sony - i have said this already)

And you are right about possible transfer of girugamesh since once again, their ex-labelmate mucc is in sony now + Danger Crue records is co-operating with sony as well

Sony guys are greedy hypocrites damnn, let dem good artists go!

As sai said, sony is one hell of a major label nightmare

Tomomi-whoever-she-was should retire. *insert random herpes gifs about tomomi here*

I am going off-topic a lil bit but here's the fix to my rating:

Vortex - 9/10 -> despite the fact that it's a mashup of hyenashiverleechcrucifysorrow, it's still the highlight of gazette's "single season" for me (people admired RED here -> I don't like it sry!)

Give us that goddamn new album (and amuse us, gazerockers)

wait wait wait

Are you implying that Deg has no future as well since both gazette and diru are in sony? (hint: firewall division --> free-will ---> Sony - i have said this already)

Wait the thing thats getting to me is that DIR EN GREY is making their own music and they are under the same company...whats DIR EN GREY doing thats not allowing their music to be controlled that the gazettE and these other bands are not doing?

wait wait wait

Wait the thing thats getting to me is that DIR EN GREY is making their own music and they are under the same company...whats DIR EN GREY doing thats not allowing their music to be controlled that the gazettE and these other bands are not doing?

being directly managed by Dynamite Tommy, maybe?

VORTEX 9/10

UNCERTAIN SENSE 3/10

BREAK ME 4/10

VORTEX is a pretty catchy song and I really liked the song's electronic influences. The b-sides however were predictable and lame.

I'm pleasently surprised! The single isn't as bad as I expected it to be, after PLEDGE! All 3 songs have something good in them.

I actually liked Vortex...probably because of the recycling but o well. I kinda stopped paying much attention after D.I.M and even then my heart still lies with Stacked Rubbish. Sorry gazerockers I thinks they've run out of ideas.

All 3 songs have something good in them.

exactly. SOMETHING. that makes the single pretty bad, since not one song is entirely good.

VORTEX - not bad, but I really, really hate the "I don't wanna become the fuckin' garbage like you" part. 6/10

UNCERTAIN SENSE - don't like it. 4/10

BREAK ME - don't like it. 4/10

I guess I've changed my mind. The whole single is growing on me, especially the first b-side.

All 3 songs have something good in them.

exactly. SOMETHING. that makes the single pretty bad, since not one song is entirely good.

I agree with DAAVIS, but unlike morbiusss, I found them to be good songs on a whole. Their previous singles were better, though.

I kinda liked Vortex but i'm already bored of it.

The other two tracks were nothing special though, just like the band.

this band......ran out of ideas long time ago. VORTEX chorus is the worst thing they ever came up with. uruhas solo is epic but the chorus really ruines it.

i dont wanna talk about break me. makes me vomit

therewasonesetoffootprintsp1.gif

VORTEX 8/10

UNCERTAIN SENSE 9/10

BREAK ME 6/10

Okay, VORTEX sure to me sounded like crap at first but then the guitar riffs, Uruha's whammy solo, they all got to me. The way it's a "convoluted mess" as Ruki said makes it sound cool~ The chorus with the autotune, then the solo, then the slowdown, a really heavy verse, and suddenly its slowed down. I liked that, it grabbed my attention.

UNCERTAIN SENSE was probably my favorite B-side track since DIM, the other being VOICELESS FEAR because of the interduel between URUHA and AOI and the meaning behind the lyrics (Ruki losing his voice during NLSB and his emotions). UNCERTAIN SENSE, sure it was all in english but it was nice seeing Ruki change throughout the song from a clean verse to a heavy verse or an his screaming didnt sound like him, it was different, more raw sounding to me.

BREAK ME was annoying to me at first and I hated it because it sounded so western rock and there was the repeating "BREAK ME" throughout the whole song but the intro was great and the guitar riffs grabbed me for some reason and not to mention URUHA's solo being probably one of the best solos he's done in the last year or so (composition-wise). But the fact that it was western-like drew me away from it still since I listen to j-rock for its uniqueness and for the japanese and here I am hearing something so American sonding :P

Vortex - greatness 9/10

Uncertain Sense - no thank you 0/10

Break Me - no thank you gazette i'm on bad music diet. 0/10

Vortex is a very typical Gazette song, but I still enjoyed it (the chorus is the weakest part) The video isn't worth watching, the whole song is forgettable.

Uncertain Sense is very 'safe' but I must have a thing for melodic engrish singing because this track works for me somehow, the screaming is redundant though, they should have gone all out with layering melodic vocals to make it sound more ethereal, at least it would be mixing things up for a change.

Break Me is just flat out terrible, what a lousy effort that was. Ruki's nasally slurring vocals are really overused here, they can't carry a whole song.

The single says to me, two words; Creatively bankrupt.

They need to experiment more and really try out some new style because releasing a full album of this kind of stuff isn't good enough.

D-

Sign in to follow this