Sign in to follow this  
Spectralion

The GazettE - VORTEx

Let's see how your thought about this single...

I just download it, but not listen it until this afternoon....

The preview quite AWESOME...

I really hope this single can cure my disappointment from their past release...

I only liked the title song.

the b-sides are just pure rubbish.

the only track i liked wsa the engrish track, *guiltypleasure*.

vortex and break me have no redeeming features.

Throughout the single there are hints of greatness, but just like the rest of their releases since BEFORE I DECAY, it left me incredibly underwhelmed. It's a shame, but hopefully they shape up soon!

Vortex - decent 6/10

Uncertain Sense - Shit 1/10

Break Me - Shit 1/10

Like always, I hate to use this word but it cant be described in any other way - g.e.n.e.r.i.c - there is absolutely nothing new in these songs that we havent heard before. Title song's chorus is also way too lame and boring. A let down, just like the other last 4 singles. Gazerock is dead. 5/10

VORTEX - not bad, but I really, really hate the "I don't wanna become the fuckin' garbage like you" part. 6/10

UNCERTAIN SENSE - don't like it. 4/10

BREAK ME - don't like it. 4/10

Okay... Many people still not satisfied with this release... so do i...

I give individual score...

VORTEX - First listen it's kinda interesting... and it's grow in me... not really good, but decent 7/10

UNCERTAIN SENSE - Not really with this track, i already forgot it in few second... 3/10

BREAK ME - I really want to break my MP3 player now... but, the solo are quite redeem me for a while... 2/10

I'm not satisfied with this release... They really need a time to make a good release... I agree with dannemannen they are boring.... Overall 4/10

this band......ran out of ideas long time ago. VORTEX chorus is the worst thing they ever came up with. uruhas solo is epic but the chorus really ruines it.

i dont wanna talk about break me. makes me vomit

My mini Review on the GazettE – VORTEX single :

Vortexs was good but UNCERTAIN SENSE was not my cup of tea this time

Just Download BREAK ME so I Will give my option on it

i posted some crap here about that whole single

But now I am not even sure what to say

I am either loving or hating it - at least it's better than previous singles but

Gazette, reward for the song recycling goes FOR YOU \o/ Hyenashiverleech - succeeded.

VORTEX = Hyena + Leech + Crucify Sorrow (yeah really) + SHIVER. Still awesome though. 9/10

UNCERTAIN SENSE = NARAKU + AN UNBEARABLE FACT + IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS 8/10 pretty good, though cut down on the English

BREAK ME = I don't even know what this is 4/10

Better than their other singles, they finally stopped doing the same song structure they've been doing since SHIVER.

Vortex

Decent. Quite catchy. Auto-tune is a huge minus. 7/10

Uncertain sense

Decent. It would've been much better if they dumped those faggy teenagehardcoremetal-parts. 7/10

Break Me

While I appreciate the fact that they did someting completely different from their usual style, and the solo being superawesome. THEY FUCKING STOLE EVERY GOD DAMN RIFF FROM HIDE'S BREEDING. Even the vocal melodies during verse and pre-chorus are almost the same. Not cool dudes, not cool at all. A really nice song to rip-off, but fuck man, don't make it so obvious. 2/10

Pledge was a million times better.

Single was lame like i predicted...

It could be that SONY is tampering with the way the band's music sounds. Its happened to many bands and they just end up becoming mainstream puppets. The GazettE is treading down that path.

GazeRock is def dead.

VORTEX = Hyena + Leech + Crucify Sorrow (yeah really) + SHIVER. Still awesome though. 9/10

UNCERTAIN SENSE = NARAKU + AN UNBEARABLE FACT + IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS 8/10

This pretty much tells alot about Gazette's current situation

Apparently they are running out of ideas - as bakteeri mentioned, Break Me is just another bland Hide-meets-Kiss song, more like a sister song for IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS, but muuuch worse.

But vortex > shiver (even though its a ripoff w/e) > before i decay > red >>>>>>>pledge (sounds like a boring k-rock hit, MEEH)

my ratings (i decided already):

Vortex - 8/10 - finally a heavy single track, even though they recycled many parts from their older songs...but I liked "vortex of the industry"-part with a breakdown, and solos...

Uncertain Sense - 7/10 - intro and verse parts are completely out of place, and I would like to add to sai's sentence one thing: they took parts from "Burial Applicant" as well (bridge/chorus)

Break me - 6/10 - catchy but it's getting boring after awhile, or should I say: annoying - "Hide-meets-boring glam band" all the way folks!

...someone should make a thread for gazette's ripoffs (just for lulz, dunno if this is a very good idea but still...)

I do agree with the fact that this could also be SONY's doing. I mean, it happened to UVERworld and most other SONY bands. It would've been better if they had joined (YES I MEAN IT) avex trax or something. Avex are money whores, but they pretty much let their artists do whatever they want (example D, Gackt and Nightmare)

I do agree with the fact that this could also be SONY's doing. I mean, it happened to UVERworld and most other SONY bands. It would've been better if they had joined (YES I MEAN IT) avex trax or something. Avex are money whores, but they pretty much let their artists do whatever they want (example D, Gackt and Nightmare)

Well PS company is a sub-division of Free-Will, which instead, co-operates with SONY all the time

so it would have been impossible for Gazette to end up in avex company since they were automatically transferred to Sony's side. + not sure if they had to join against their will or not but Sony's apparently more popular than avex nowadays (close connections to foreign countries blaahblaah)

But yes, avex is much better...especially if we consider the fact that it has "vk-godfathers" there...Luna Sea and Kuroyume :mrgreen:

i wouldn't say gaze rock is dead, i pretty much hate that sentence. i'm sure they will have some really good tracks on their album, as they had on DIM.

but what everybody has to recognize is, that gazette members arent the most talented guys when it comes to composition. when they write a good song its damn good, but they have so so many fillers spamming their whole discography....not nice

listened @ youtube, didn't bother downloading.

didn't expect anything, wasn't surprised.

won't even bother downloading sucking gibberish or whatever they call their next album.

hope this re-re-recycling phase ends soon and they become listenable again one day.

i wouldn't say gaze rock is dead, i pretty much hate that sentence. i'm sure they will have some really good tracks on their album, as they had on DIM.

I wanna agree with you but its SO HARD to :/

The singles before DIM gave you the automatic feeling that the album was going to be phenomenal...the singles that they've been flushing out (as well as the recent b-sides) are giving the feel that its pretty much gonna be a mediocre album with recycled material or STACKED RUBBISH part 2 lol.

They transfered to Sony Music. They have no future anymore.

Gazerock is dead.

Maybe girugamesh should head on over to Sony too. It seems like corporate would like their style of music.

There was never such a thing as "gazerock". What's that even supossed to mean?

As far as the singles goes. And there was only one single before DIM that had any good music on it, and that was Distress and Coma. And DIM itself hasn't aged well at all. Hakuri, Nakigahara, Erika, Headache Man, Shikyuu, 13Stairs[-]1, Distress and Coma, Kanshoku, Mourou and Dim Scene are still great, the rest are so bland and boring. And five out of the 10 songs I mentioned are interludes.

Gama was, if you ask me, their last good release. NIL and Stacked Rubbish are both really bad, except for one song named Taion that you find on NIL. Rest is pretty much garbage, yeah.

I assume a future new album will be like DIM or something. A handful of good songs and plenty of boring and bad ones. However, Vortex is still a decent song. Weird!

There was never such a thing as "gazerock". What's that even supossed to mean?

reita-16.JPG

Sign in to follow this