Sign in to follow this  
Furik

D'espairsRay temporary return in June

I don't know how I missed this or if this was already discussed but apparently they are returning in June for just a couple shows with a guest vocalist called "LUV PARADE LIVE". Hizumi will be their merch guy at the shows.

Guitar / Karyu

Bass / ZERO

Drums / TSUKASA

Guest Vocal / TAKA ( Defspiral )

Goods produce / HIZUMI

2011.06.18 (sat.) Takadanobaba AREA

SHOCK WAVE Apollo [Vol.51]

OPEN 16:30 / START 17:00

Advance ¥ 2,800 / day ¥ 3,300 (D separate fee + ¥ 500)

Play Guide: Lawson Ticket Http://L-Tike.com (L code: 78 877)

OTC AREA

2011.06.21 (tue.) Takadanobaba AREA

Sakura China] [sPEED DISK PRESENTS Wild Dance

Advance ¥ 3,000 / day ¥ 3,500 (tax included)

Play Guide: Lawson Ticket http://l-tike.com

2011.06.22 (wed.) Takadanobaba AREA

Sakura China] [sPEED DISK PRESENTS Wild Dance

Advance ¥ 3,000 / day ¥ 3,500 (tax included)

Play Guide: Lawson Ticket http://l-tike.com

ah, thats the guy with whom the went on the taste of chaos america-tour (the underneath was his band called back then...) hopefully someone posts videos^^ (wat? hizumi selling t-shirts and keychains? lolwut :P )

To me, D'espairsRay is one of the more popular bands in the JRock scene and... to sell your own merchandise is totally one thing, I mean I've met tons of artists because they sell their own merchandise after shows... but that's the thing... after shows. Hizumi is going to be selling his own merchandise while his band is on stage playing without him. I know he has health problems, but I feel it's disrespectful to him to have the rest of the band be like "oh don't worry you can still be involved... here, sell our shit while we perform without you."

And who have said selling the merch wasn't his own sugestion? Who knows? I don't see this as a problem anyway, and I do not understand how anyone can cry about it.

And who have said selling the merch wasn't his own sugestion? Who knows? I don't see this as a problem anyway, and I do not understand how anyone can cry about it.

Most reasonable post on this thread. I don't see any problem with this; the guys want to perform and HIZUMI still wants to be involved somehow, plus it sounds like a special occasion where it's all about friends playing together.

^ This. Good call.

Don't understand why anyone would find this sort of thing embarrasing really. Good on them I say, at least they are staying somewhat active!

To me, D'espairsRay is one of the more popular bands in the JRock scene and... to sell your own merchandise is totally one thing, I mean I've met tons of artists because they sell their own merchandise after shows... but that's the thing... after shows. Hizumi is going to be selling his own merchandise while his band is on stage playing without him. I know he has health problems, but I feel it's disrespectful to him to have the rest of the band be like "oh don't worry you can still be involved... here, sell our shit while we perform without you."

The merch tables aren't open while band's are playing 99% of the time anyways, so it would be just before or after the concert.

he was conditioned with a throat condition last year, thats why they went on a hiatus. apparently it hasnt been healed yet

wow I would love to buy merch from Hizumi lol. I need to meet that man again. the last time I seen him he embarrased me so badly O.O

I still feel sorry for the guy (Hizumi), even if it was his choice, yadayada - not for the fact he's selling merchandise, but because I have a good idea about where he really wants to be. But it is better than not showing up and unable to see any of his fans at all, I suppose.

Well, hope the show goes well.

I can see the merch panel will be so raped either way. :mrgreen:

don't be sorry, peeps. It is not THAT sad to sell your own merchandises really.

Not that they don't have online stores, right.

Just take the positive side,

you can get the merch, supporting the band, and bonus is,

you can say personal "get well soon" or such to Hizumi. Ain't that sweet? :)

And i wonder how Taka would sounds with the band.

Maybe he will add some different mood to the D'Ray songs.

I have an acquaintance who worked with the band on their US tour -- and apparently the band has owed some serious money to their management because of the failure of their US tour. This has brought some to question the inner workings of the band. I've always found this whole situation interesting -- but it could be nothing but conspiracy theory. Who knows.

I have an acquaintance who worked with the band on their US tour -- and apparently the band has owed some serious money to their management because of the failure of their US tour. This has brought some to question the inner workings of the band. I've always found this whole situation interesting -- but it could be nothing but conspiracy theory. Who knows.

Probably bullshit. If the tour was a failure then the promoters/organizers that brought them overseas would lose money, not the band itself or their management, I think. They get an amount of money from those people to perform there so failure or not they simply can't lose money in any way.

They've toured numerous times in the U.S. If they were bombs, I don't think they would've kept coming back.

I still feel sorry for the guy (Hizumi), even if it was his choice, yadayada - not for the fact he's selling merchandise, but because I have a good idea about where he really wants to be. But it is better than not showing up and unable to see any of his fans at all, I suppose.

Well, hope the show goes well.

Okay, this is what I was getting at. I wasn't "crying" about anything, I just would like to note that anyone with half a fucking brain would know he'd rather be performing for his fans than selling his own merch to them.

If I were put in his position I would be leaning towards the embarassed side. Maybe he's not, but I would be.

Sign in to follow this