bakteeri

Janne Da Arc

This band makes so many catchy songs and their singer is very lovely.

I need to pick up all their singles collection albums. Right now I only have some iTunes songs I bought off Arcadia.

Guest Naru

Acid Black Cherry is nothing against Janne Da Arc

of course Yasu is amazing as a vocalist. but his support members can not beat SHUJI, YOU, KA-YU and KIYO

Janne da arc will come back at their 15 universality just wait and see.

Somehow it's look like that yasu will close this ABC project with one last single and one big event ^^

Guest Naru

Oh well we will see huh?

first let Yasu close ABC ^_^

Guest Naru

Janne will be back..

this year, just wait and see.

abc cub... 4 presents..

4 years abc.

come on it's an hint .. xD

Guest Naru

Of course they don't before the abc cup ends XD

Despite the fact I was a huge JDA fan, I never transitioned to listening to ABC.  You's signature guitar shredding was something that really turned me on to the band, along with Yasu's great melodies and amazing voice.  ABC just could not replace the sound void left by Yasu starting anew.

I still love listening to the beautiful instrumental track ZERO from Gaia.  It still am amazed with that track.

With the aniversay, it would be interesting to see some kind of return effort.

After all, I wasn't expecting to ever hear new Siam Shade material, yet they released new songs this year!  Don't give up hope.

Do you think Janne Da Arc will ever be active again ?

By the time I lose hope I see one of their members make a guest appearance somewhere with Janne Da Arc name still between brackets with no ex-.

So what do you think ? I really miss them.

6 hours ago, nitta said:

Do you think Janne Da Arc will ever be active again ?

By the time I lose hope I see one of their members make a guest appearance somewhere with Janne Da Arc name still between brackets with no ex-.

So what do you think ? I really miss them.

I think it's up to Yasu, at this point. He doesn't really need JdA to be sucessful, so I don't think it makes much sense for him. I can definitely see some reunion tours in a few future anniversary dates, but not so much more than that...

If it means anything, Luna Sea reuniting was never really expected, and yet here they are releasing new material, so...

The town I lived in when I was in Japan was actually JDA's home town (Hirakata) and on a hike, my friend and I stumbled across a shrine. We walked around and saw a wall full of ema (wooden plaques that people write their wishes on), which is super common at shrines. I'm not entirely sure at what the etiquette is for reading them, but just by glancing, I saw a vast majority of them had JDA's name on them. I'm guessing they were wishing for their return. I'm not a fan of them or anything, I just thought this would be a cool story to post for those who were fans.  

So, this thread has been dead for a while. I'm getting into older Janne these last few weeks and I'm really enjoying most of it. "Dearly" is an incredible album.

What's everyone's favorite albums/songs? Mine has been "Judgement" for years now.

Actually, recently I've been remembering Janne Da Arc a lot and listening to their old works lol so I found the revival of this post a nice coincidence xD  I was a huge fan back when they were active, it was one of my favorite bands and it was a shock for me when they disbanded. For years I've been trying to like what Yasu does as solo works, which I find okay in most cases, but for me it's not in the level of epicness of the songs released when he was in JDA; and I feel so sad about such wonderful songs not being in a decent quality concert since they haven't done any reunions nor anything T_T  sigh.

Well, besides that, about the songs, I love the early works, Dearly is a great album, my favorite song there is "闇の月をあなたに…" the guitar solo and overall feeling of this song is simply amazing, I like "Speed" very much too. Chaos Mode mini album also has great songs, my favorites there are "...song" and "strange voice"; and then D.N.A album was a masterpiece.. my favorite there is "EDEN ~君がいない~" this song I know it by heart, I guess I have listened to it a LOT o times.. xD and "Heaven's Place" is my second favorite there, and finally Z-HARD I love very much too.. my absolute favorite there is "Mysterious" so nostalgic..  really having a dedicated keyboardist on a band brings a totally different feeling to the music, maybe this is what Yasu solo works lacks.

If anyone is interested, You (former guitarist of JDA) is performing as special guest in a concert in April (4/7) together with YUKI (ex-rice, ex-Raphael) and Sakito (Nightmare), I didn't even know what You was doing recently, but since I follow YUKI I was very shocked to see him listed as guest artist 🙂 good for him to still be engaged in music activities. Kiyo (former keyboardist of JDA) is also very active in support works, and I've seen him in the Keyboards magazine together with Daisuke Asakura ^^ he has important and famous friends at least lol   and about Yasu, I got to know very recently about his hiatus due to cervical damage T_T I hope he gets better

Edited by deedlitmurata

I still love them ❤️ 

Labyrinth is probably my favorite indies song of them. Also MISTAKE is awesome ❤️

I really hope we will get at least a reunion concert or something.

They still have the same fanclub and all members are credited as (Janne Da Arc) not (ex. Janne Da Arc) 

Little things I know but I still have hope :D

Janne Da Arc really gets paid dust by the general overseas community. YOU is such a prolific guitarist he even had his own instructional video thing for awhile.

I was lucky enough to see their 10th anniversary memorial live at Saitama Super Arena, not knowing at the time that would be my first and last time to ever see them. (Thank god my friend and I coughed up scalper ticket prices for some nosebleed seats- we were positioned to the right, on one of the upper level tiers a little behind the stage and basically had a view of Yasu shaking his ass the whole time.)

As for songs, def in my top favorites are "child vision ~Ehon no Naka no Kirei na Majo~" off their DNA album and this b-side, "FAKE".

Yasu's such an unabashed pervert and so many JDA songs are pretty risqué, but that's also given fans a lot of gems like "Dry?" and "Ueta Taiyou".

I also love "DOLLS", which someone already posted, as well as "ROMANCヨ", "Maria no Tsumeato", "seed", "RED ZONE",  "-Kyuuseishu Messiah-", "Tsumetai Kagerou", "Sakura", and "Lunatic Gate".

"Kokoro no Yukue" and "Rainy ~Ai no Shirabe~" are two beautiful but sad songs that are really underrated. The PV for "Kasumi Yuku Sora Sei ni Shite" is always hilarious to watch.

Edited by jaymee

There isn't any song I dislike from Janne Da Arc,

I'm still a big fan, and I surely do listen way to less to them nowadays. 

I always did got hope to see a comeback, however since yasu's voice got very worse I also lost that hope...
Now I simple hope that yasu still can release a song someday, but even for that I have less hopes... since it was his 3rd time? to get his vocalcords damaged. 

I also liked solid beat and damijaw a lot. 

I still pray for Yasu to be on stage at least one more time, so that he really can say goodbye to everyone...

But if that ever will happen?

Anyway,

Janne Da Arc

Acid Black Cherry

Sold Beat

Damijaw

You (solo)

Kiyo (solo)

all way to underrated. Every solo project was great and amazing...

Wished that at least Ka-Yu still would sing...