CAT5

THE JAPANESE INDIE THREAD

^Oh wow, thanks for posting those! <3

Cool to see them doing DNA desu and Ai no meiwaku in the second one. The sassy hand gestures always make me smile. 

I will wait till someone uploads this year's COUNTDOWN JAPAN in a smaller size and will upload Frederic's part (and some other bands)  :) they sang Hello Goodbye

The new EVERLONG song is so cute <3

Really happy to see them starting to find their style. There's just such a sweet, playful feel to everything they release.

I will wait till someone uploads this year's COUNTDOWN JAPAN in a smaller size and will upload Frederic's part (and some other bands)  :) they sang Hello Goodbye

Cool, I really like Hello Goodbye. :)

I downloaded the small version of CDJ from 2014 last year and the video was crystal clear, but the sound was really bad. Haven't had the heart to download a big file like that since.

just leaving these here because i love these kind of videos <3

(every band has a part 2 posted on that channel)

other bands: uchuu,, brian the sun, the oral cigarettes, suck a stew dry, etc

PELICAN FANCLUB episode will be uploaded in march or april :yeah:

^ It was actually released November 30th. Tho that was only from their site and lives. The release last week was web release of it.

And Vertigo hasn't been on a release yet, so there might be new EP or album soon.

^ It was actually released November 30th. Tho that was only from their site and lives. The release last week was web release of it.

And Vertigo hasn't been on a release yet, so there might be new EP or album soon.

thanks for the info <3 yeah I noticed Vertigo wasn't on either mini album so I hope for a album or EP as well :)

New 雨のパレード is pretty nice. I tend to find this band rather "meh" overall but they have some solid tracks here and there. This is probably my favourite song by them since ペトリコール. Hopefully the b sides are good too.

^ I came here just to post this! I'm so infatuated by this song and video. Never thought their vocalist could be this charismatic on video, heh.

I can get behind them sounding like this as a major band.

Have they gone major now? Kohei's vocals are great btw. I really like the chorus on this song, but the music is perhaps just a bit too subtle for my tastes. Good stuff either way, though!

Yes, this will be their last release under Zankyo i think.. and then they will release their album in march

i like the music video itself. kohei is indeed very charismatic there. one of the main reasons i fell for ame no parade when i watched 揺らぎ巡る君の中のそれ for the first time was because of his expressions on camera. but now he looks less awkward. lolz

unfortunately i didnt like the new song very much. :(

oh wow, I see. Can't say that I'm surprised with them going major, as they've always been pretty pop in sound. I just hope they don't become your average, nondescript major label pop band. If anything, I just hope they get better because I think they've got all the right ingredients.

Yeah, they've been hyping their major debut on their Facebook page for a while now. I agree they have all the right ingredients to do well in some sort of mainstream alternative pop niche, which is why I'm not too worried yet. Most of the time I'm actually a fan of the subtlety of the pop elements in their songs (which were so prominent in this new track), but I wouldn't be exactly mad if they stopped doing those under a major contract.

A bit sad to see how this band has dwindled from a 4 piece in 2007, to a trio in recent years, and now they're just a duo since a year or two ago. Just the bassist/keyboardist, and the guitarist/vocalist (who seems to be filling in for their lack of a drummer as well):

The recorded "camel walk" they did in 2012:

and a random favorite from their early days:

I'm glad that they're still active, though. They've always been one of my favorite underground discoveries. Hopefully they'll get more members again and keep moving forward.

POP CHOCOLAT - two way

It's from earlier this month but somehow I've missed the news... Really love this band - even seen them live back in 2008 in Tokyo. They are around for quite some time now - one of my 'secret-love-things' when it comes to girl-driven indie stuff to be honest.

I know many here weren't too excited about their first release, but it looks like そこに鳴る (sokoninaru) is releasing a second mini, YAMINABE.

エメラルドグリーン (emerald green)

I think they'd work better as an instrumental band :lol:

I know many here weren't too excited about their first release, but it looks like そこに鳴る (sokoninaru) is releasing a second mini, YAMINABE.

エメラルドグリーン (emerald green)

That actually sounds quite nice. 

I went ahead and listened to "pirorhythm stabilizer 〜only your world〜" (prev. release you mentioned) and actually ended up liking that too.

(the high drum vol. audio distortion was a bit jarring to the ears at high volume, but that was only a brief 3 sec. insert at the beginning)

To provide something of my own, Egw Eimi released a new MV two months ago. I bought their Palette - EP early last year 

after finding them on one of my Audioleaf binges. 

Quint just uploaded their MV for Moratorium -モラトリアム -, off of their first mini-album.

Kinda irksome that it was only sold in one store in Shinjuku as a limited release.

Hopefully they do an official release and/or put it on itunes/indiesmusic. 

I like the projection lighting they do at the latter end of the MV. Reminds me of the shikisai puzzle - shikijitsu MV a bit. 

sokoninaru just released a new trailer for their upcoming mini album. I was actually vaguely hopeful for this, but listening to these samples, it sounds like it's more of the same lukewarm ling/9mm hybrid pop-rock - Which is fine if you're into that, but I can't seem to get behind these guys.