Sign in to follow this  
ricchubunny

Kaya - QUEEN

just listened 1 time and i'm already in love about it :wub::wub::wub:

Arachne - i love this song intro!! but it get boring...anyway, OK song!

Nouvelle Mariee - :wub: HIPER-GAY INTRO, and lovely song :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Awilda - Epic :wub:

Ophelia - i really like this song, even its very boring at live

Sorciere - It's weird and short one, but i liked it...Ok

Sugar Rose - One of my favorite songs at all :wub::wub: Kaya sounds so bitchy and lovely at the same time <3

Rose Kingdom - i don't know what say about it, but its pretty funny at live!

Medusiana : :gaga::gaga::gaga::gaga::gaga::wub::wub::wub::wub::gaga::gaga::gaga: EPIC SONG

Last SzZzZzZznow

Addict - One of my favorites too!!!! but i dont know what say too lol

Transmigration - OMFG!11!1!!!!! I LOVE THIS SONG WITH ALL MY CELLS! Its so gay and lovely, i can't wait to see it at live!!!!

Its epic album!!!!!! i'm really excited to World Tour now!

I'll give 9,5/10, cause i feel bored sometimes in songs like Arachne, for example. But still fucki'n loving it! <333 :wub:

That's quite a lot of emoticons. I've never really cared to try out Kaya before. Is this album a good place to start?

im sorry for it, i ewas just excited XD

And i think its!if you like it you should try glitter too!

and after listen this, please tell us your review about it :3

To answer your question, Peace Heavy, simply: Yes. Yes it is. It showcases a lot of what Kaya can do so well.

For my track by track:

1. Arachne: The more i listen to it the more I love it. When I first heard the preview, i thought it was boring, but on a few more listens I realized exactly how wonderful it is. There's a lot of emotion behind it, while still having a great melody and the tribal beats only make me love it more. I'd liken it to Hannya from Hyakki Yagyou, one of my favorite Kaya songs. 10/10

2. Nouvelle Mariee: Instantaneous love at the first listen. It's a super-gay song, which is part of why I love it, but the real reason why I love it is because it seems to have elements of my two favorite Kaya songs ever mashed into one great tune: Ophelia's synth-organs (somewhere in the middle) and Glitter Arch's upbeat, sugary, and super gay melodies and lyrics throughout. 10/10

3. Awilda: A great and epic single, but I would have honestly preferred "Sink" to be on the album. Sink may as well be the most orgasmic piece of music I've ever heard and is more what I like to hear from Kaya than epic tales of bravery. I would say this is the weakest song on the album. Maybe second weakest. 8/10

4. Ophelia: As I mentioned before, this is one of my all time favorite Kaya songs. Mostly because it revived my faith in him after the lackluster Last Snow and the horrible Chansons cover album, but also because it flashed back to the days of Schwarz Stein. The lyrics to this song are so beautiful and even though it does have a nice beat, the melody is what makes it so special. 10/10

5. Sorciere: A more rock oriented song, a lot of fun and really interesting. I'm not a huge fan of this song as opposed to others on the album, but it's definitely really good. It will have you dancing. 9/10

6. Sugar Rose: From the B-Type I haven't heard yet.

7. Rose Kingdom: Again, I say this with love, but of all the B-Sides to all the singles he's done, he chooses this one? It's a good song, no doubt, but it's kind of "Pouriture Noble"-ish, which wasn't a bad song, it's just... there only needed to be one of them and this is like number two. If it were up to me, Awilda would have been Chocolat and Rose Kingdom would have been Sink. 9/10

8. Medusiana: Has a really dark and heavy feeling about it, in the same way Ophelia or Rose Kingdom would have, but it's more Rose Kingdom than Ophelia which is a slight drawback. What I love about the song though is the chants in the background saying what I think is "Criminal" and that's just all sort of hot to me for some reason. The lucky part is: even if you only kind of like it, like I do, it's only 2:51 long, so it's not like it's a waste of time. 8/10

9. Last Snow (Piano Version): When I say this is somehow 100% better than the single version, I mean it. I have no idea what makes this so much better, but I think it has something to do with the fact that it is 100% piano and no cheesy violins or wooden blocks being hit with a stick. It's a mature and sophisticated piano ballad with amazing lyrics. This is a song I can respect. 10/10

10. Addict: This is probably my favorite song on the album. If I could give it a rating higher than 10/10 I would. The beginning is legitimate musical perfection. It almost has a "Born This Way" feel to it if you listen to the first maybe 30 seconds of born this way and the first 30 seconds of this song you hear a few similarities. However the chorus is really powerful and i can imagine this song's lyrics being really really dirty. What an absolutely brilliant song. 10/10

11. Transmigration: This would be my second favorite song. I adore the upbeat-ness of it and the chorus is super fun. The instrumental aspect is really interesting and the verses have an ambience to them. I totally get a sense of royalty from this song. 10/10

best 2011 album so far.

Och, really? I would say it was quite disappointing. I expected something more sophisticated from Kaya. After listening i can say it's his worst work. Till now I'm giving something like 6,5/10, but I'll give some more listens, maybe I'll change my mind. Shame, that after 5 years of waiting we can hear nothing special... or at least suprising in a good way.

Edit: and i'm sayin' only about new tracks (apart from Sugar Rose, what I haven't heard yet)

I didn't say Kaya's best album, or best album of 2006-2001, or whatever else.

This is the first vk album of this year I've listened through, and even liked some parts.

Also, his production got better compared to earlier releases (I can't say for all of his early stuff - I don't care about it like at all).

His voice sounds rather awful at times, but given it's Kaya, it's all good.

Really nice album. Firstly I didn't like Trasmigration preview, but full song is really nice, thought it's the song I like less, so I am happy to have bought type B, thought it isn't arrived yet. This album has a lot of variety and that's what I prefer of it. I prefer Glitter, but I don't consider it as a full-album. Still a really nice job!

Best songs in the album are Nouvelle Mariee, Sorciere, Last snow-piano ver.- and Addict.

Rate: 9/10 (sorry for the short review but I am really lazy!)

I hope he will be able to come back to EU soon after the South American tour!

Not bad! Only Nouvelle Mariee, Sorciere and Addict stood out for me, the rest just kinda melted together, but it was nice. Overall nothing spectacularly great, but it was an enjoyable listen.

No big review but I L-O-V-E-D this. Maybe I can now like this kind of music more because I'm into KPOP, but I must honestly say I really enjoyed this. The best track for me was the first one. It gives the same feeling as Alice Nine's birth in the death which is a very special feeling for me. I easily can give this a 8.5/10 You can really hear Kaya's vocal abilities on this album. I usually think piano only songs are boring but Last Snow is great!

j

Nouvelle Mariee - HIPER-GAY INTRO

Transmigration - OMFG!11!1!!!!! I LOVE THIS SONG WITH ALL MY CELLS! Its so gay and lovely

super-gay song

professional

Anyway, been wanting to try this, but I was waiting for someone to upload Sugar Rose uughguh guess I'll do it anyway.

I never understood everyone on here's obsession with Kaya...he isn't really that great.

stop right there,he IS great. his music may not be.

it's all about the magic, the atmosphere, this man is literally vomiting with fairy dust.

his music is so powerful, really brings you into a sleazy shinsekai club with sweaty balding sararimen and Kaya in romantic tutu

isn't that beautiful? isn't that touching? who would resist it really?

it's all about the magic, the atmosphere, this man is literally vomiting with fairy dust.

spongebob-rainbow.png

j

Transmigration - OMFG!11!1!!!!! I LOVE THIS SONG WITH ALL MY CELLS! Its so gay and lovely

super-gay song

professional

srsly. A song could be camp, but not gay. Hillary Duff would be ashamed of you.

Eh, it's ok. He's getting a bit tired though, should do some more chansons instead of eurodance.

j

super-gay song

professional

srsly. A song could be camp, but not gay. Hillary Duff would be ashamed of you.

Eh, it's ok. He's getting a bit tired though, should do some more chansons instead of eurodance.

Erin, I don't get what you mean by professional

and Herpes I don't get what you mean by camp?

Let me just say this:

While I really do wish Hora and Kaya would officially reunite Schwarz Stein because they were the best musical unit ever and to this day I mourn the loss of the official duo, they still create music together. Kaya still writes all his lyrics and Hora produces over half of the music.

If you didn't like the album, okay, that's fine, but I just don't see how it's generic. I think it's definitely my favorite of his works.

Great Hillary Duff image, but that doesn't... exactly answer my question.

A+ for having to have it spelled out, describing a song as "gay" when camp is intended only adds to the passive homophobia of the forum.