Sign in to follow this  
elvismania

DIR EN GREY new single "DIFFERENT SENSE" + new preview

Basic DEG song is coming up - waiting for a full version so I can judge it finally (previews always include the worst part)

Btw, I expected to see an UCP watermark in the beginning of teaser since the "milieu" of PV looks alot like one from basic cheap-o UCP vids avec Kisaki-sama (+ impressive vk-ish camera-angles to make girls/boys go insane)- waiting for his cameo role :emo:

Reminded me a bit of LOTUS, but good none the less. LOL @ Kyo's expression though.

apparently: The first teaser with the screaming is the opening of the chorus, this second teaser is the second half of it.

And live, Toshiya does the screams in the first teaser while Kyo does the clean vocals.

apparently: The first teaser with the screaming is the opening of the chorus, this second teaser is the second half of it.

And live, Toshiya does the screams in the first teaser while Kyo does the clean vocals.

I wouldn't imagine Toshiya doing screams like that hahaha

Would imagine him doing growls though, but since DEG is the box full of scandalous surprises...I shall wait for this :)

^lol yess

Basically this is what I've heard about the song:

1. Structured A LOT like Hageshisa to and Gaika chinmoku -- very BRUTAL parts paired with light parts (but heavier than lotus)

2. It ends exactly like Lotus does

3. Live it is 5 minutes

4. The teasers are the different parts of the chorus

5. The second teaser is just before the 30 second solo

New 30 sec. sample on FB and their OHP which sheds light on the transition between the two 15 sec. samples.

Only Dir en grey can make that radical of a transition work.

Unbelievable.

New 30 sec. sample on FB and their OHP which sheds light on the transition between the two 15 sec. samples.

Only Dir en grey can make that radical of a transition work.

Unbelievable.

[2]

There are better bands, sorry.

Anyways, I am not yet impressed.

I love how they keep us in suspense by releasing 15 second teasers and then gradually increasing the duration slightly every now and then until finally releasing it. The song sounds alright. It seems to have screaming but nothing more than that in terms of heavy from what I've heard at least, but a lot of the time previews can be misleading.

Laughing at the idea of Dir en grey being the only band able to do something musically.

But I actually like the sample for DIFFERENT SENSE a lot. It does seem like the same style as Hageshisa, but based on the sample I think I'll like it better.

DIFFERENT SENSE is going to be excellent. 5 minutes to cram all of these varying sounds and styles is going to be an incredible and chaotic experience. Can't wait!

oh and apparently: the song starts of with growling and "brutality", according to a friend of mine. There is no intro like EVERY OTHER deg song. This should be fun!

Sign in to follow this