Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

CDJapan is a shopping service now (sort of?)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/request/shopping.html

When checking to see if I made any affiliate money with CDJapan (LOLOLOL... ;~;) I noticed they had a "Special Shopping Request" banner on their home page. Looks like they're willing to now be a middleman for non-internal shipping shops, which I think could become pretty useful. As for right now, I don't think they work with auction sites like Yahoo or Ebay, but that might be because they only started this like a week ago, literally. I'll send them an e-mail asking about that and post the reply if anyone's interested. The other thing I'd like to find out is if they accept their frequent shopper's points with this as well.

Anyway, seems pretty cool. I've never had a problem with these guys before and they're very helpful when asked a question.

Wow, that doesn't sound half bad at all as an alternative. That fee is okay-ish, I guess. Would like to see if they decide to expand this in any way. :)

My only grief is that they only do EMS. (I'm one of the patient types that doesn't mind waiting two more weeks to get my stuff if it means saving $15 - $20).

It seems like every single Japanese shopping/shipping service refuses to use a shipping method other than EMS.

It's total BS, it's not like it's gonna cost them any money or have a negative impact on their business in any way to offer other shipping methods that are more affordable.

Well, there are a couple that don't, but they stack on the fees by other means. :/

But anyway, I don't care if the stinkin' CD comes in a titanium bullet-proof shell and gets delivered in five seconds, I just want mah stinkin' CD. Not all of us are buying dollfies, car parts, or (good Lord no) nursing products.

I think they choose EMS because that way they don't have to worry about people bitching and whining about not getting their package and have a tracking number on file to confirm it's shipped or what might be the delay. I had someone buy something off of me and choose just regular mail and started freaking out about it not arriving only a few days after I shipped it, when I said normally it can take almost two weeks.

Thank you for contacting CDJapan.

It's great to hear that you're interested in the new service.

Anyway, I will go ahead and list answers to your questions below.

1. No, we are not planning to offer a service for

auction sites.

2. Yes, you can redeem your points when you place your order.

Thanks

Sincerely,

Toshi Makiya

: / guess I'll have to use someone else for auctions, but I'm happy I can use their shopper points.

It is a smidge expensive, but perhaps with the stockpile of points I have and combining with other CDJapan purchases, I could save money in the long run.

Either way, always nice to have more options. Thanks for the heads up, Peace Heavy

Guest mitsubana

This is awesome. I've used this a couple times, and it's made my life so much easier. I feel like their rates/service fees are reasonable. And I know I can rely on CDJapan to get my order right.

I've been trying to buy this place and when I order more than 2 cds greatly increased the price .

Order Price + Expenses + weight (latter informed me after ordering and paying. (a few days after not hearing from my order))

To avoid double the total order price ... I have to ask just a cd (and rarely two).

obviously not worth it. (as once happened to me ... nose if you have arranged)

Guest mitsubana

Well...just realized that cheaper services exist. Fml.

Sign in to follow this