Sign in to follow this  
enchuu

the GazettE to play at Tokyo Dome + 2 New Singles

Guest 膣分泌液

lolwut, they have enough fans to fill the tokyo dome? aren't their sales pretty dire?

Guest o hai itz will

GazettE is not as popular as people would like you to believe. Their popularity often gets compared to Dir en grey's, but their popularity is sooo minute compared to DEGs, that I have no idea how they plan on selling out Tokyo Dome!

GazettE is not as popular as people would like you to believe. Their popularity often gets compared to Dir en grey's, but their popularity is sooo minute compared to DEGs, that I have no idea how they plan on selling out Tokyo Dome!
True, and DIR EN GREY is not popular at all in Japan, people may think so that they're superstars and the biggest band ever over there.

I actually was kinda surprised that the GazettE is having their tour final at Tokyo Dome before DIR EN GREY. :o

But there's a lot of girls (and boys) in Japan who think this band is sexy shit so they will probably not have any problem selling Tokyo Dome out. But Japan has 127 million people living there, so there's plenty of people wanting to see them!

perhaps 1/4 of the audience may be coming from abroad as well.

Usually there will be travelling package offered that includes lodging for few days few nights and concert ticket on some travel agent and/or on ticket box.

I really can't see GazettE playing overseas, but I am optimistic. PSC is very content with making rock stars out of them in Japan, so why put their showcase band on a plane and fly them overseas and HOPE a tour goes well? Tours for Japanese bands rarely go well, and the amount of shit they'd have to go through just to survive would not be something PSC would necessarily want to risk.

I don't give a fuck what Ruki says, if PSC wants him to play overseas, they will do it. But is it likely? Eh...

Do you mean the United States?

Because they already played in Europe and both times were very sucessful and they all try to get them back to europe , but gazette has a full shedule at the moment.

Sure, Gazette isn't THAT popular, but they're way more popular than Dir en grey. In Japan, of course. Uroboros has sold almost 50 000 copies since it was released, SR over 100 000. (yeah, it was released a year earlier, but still.) Couldn't find how much DIM has sold so far, but during the first week, it was over 30 000. (though, so was Uroboros, to be fair) Anyway, the difference isn't that great, but it's notable. Though, Gazette has much better promotion too. Free-Will sucks at promoting their bands. And Dir en grey mostly focuses on overseas. Which they sould do, because they're more successful there than in Japan. They said it even themselves, that they would have disbanded if they would've stayed in Japan only. I'm not surprised at all, that Gazette did it first. Though, I believe they both would be able to fill it pretty easily, considering their sales. But we'll see.

Though, to be honest, I just fucking. hate. comparing Gazette and Dir en grey. They have nothing in common musically (yeah, they have almost the same kind of intro, which no one never listens to. who cares. neither of them invented that), nor by looks. I've never understood that ridiculous gazefags vs. dirufags fighting you see almost everywhere. The only similarity there is, is that they both own most Japanese bands at what they do. They're successful, AND at times, they're capable of doing music that isn't complete bullshit. That's usually a rare combination.

The only similarity there is, is that they both own most Japanese bands at what they do. They're successful, AND at times, they're capable of doing music that isn't complete bullshit. That's usually a rare combination.
may sound harsh, but i think i agree with every single written word here! ^^

Uroboros has sold almost 50 000 copies since it was released, SR over 100 000.
SR sold 100,007 in the first week so that helps out your point a lot.

Though, to be honest, I just fucking. hate. comparing Gazette and Dir en grey. They have nothing in common musically (yeah, they have almost the same kind of intro, which no one never listens to. who cares. neither of them invented that)..

Wise words. Agreed on everything. I'm curious though, what intro are you referencing?

Will always compares The GazettE to Dir en grey. It never fails.

In fact it's hard for me to find a post in which he doesn't mention Dir en grey, atleast somewhere perhaps subliminally.

Sign in to follow this