allisapp

CDs/DVDs/etc. which you're extremely proud to own

Not exactly extremely proud, but I really like that I have the 'kagirareta koku' demotape by the band Arege. I used to always see images of one of the band members (I believe Aya) around the net when I was like 15 or 16 and thought he looked super cool but I had no idea who he was or where from. When I found out though I quickly searched around and bought it from Third Stage when it was around.  Crescendo is still one of my favourite songs.

Ah notable mention goes to the DVD of LAREINE's 'Chantons L'amour' Live which I scored for pretty cheap on Closet Child.

Edited by Paraph

On 9/29/2017 at 4:26 PM, Ikki said:

I have too many things that I am proud to own.  A lot of the things I'm listing have been posted in the "Your last music-related buy" and "Show your collection" threads.  I know some people will be disappointed with what I have listed as I do have some releases that a lot of people would be proud of if they had it in their collection (Baiser's Hana and Amphibian's DOPPELGÄNGER, for an example).  I'm listing my non-VK stuff first as no one is here for that crap.  Items that are bolded are my most prized in my collection.

Spoiler

G.D.Flickers

• Rebellious Heroes on vinyl
  • Independent Rock'n Roll - I had to buy this album since this was the last album Color's Marry played on before he passed away. 

Lazy

• Hello Lazy photobook - This is the oldest item in my collection, being release around late 1978 or early 1979.  It is probably also the rarest due to the fact that two members of Loudness (Takasaki Akira and Munetaka Higuchi) were in this group along side with Kageyama Hironobu. 

Loudness

• Sawada Taiji bass pick
  • Black Widow: Once and for All poster

Aura

• That VHS tape that has a pink case (indie era) - This was release before Aura were signed to Sony's Life Size label.  I think this was released in late 1988 or early 1989.  It doesn't have year printed anywhere on it.
  • Dreaming Now/Debut store poster
  • Thesauras store poster

BY-SEXUAL/BY-SEXUAL related bands

• The BY-CHAN comic book that Pati-Pati magazine released.
  • NON Fanclub card - I got this from buying a lot of B-S stuff from someone when I was super into BY-SEXUAL.  Probably the most random thing I have received since I started buying Jrock merch 11 years ago.
  • Autographed copies of test-No. 002 and test-No. 005 CDs - For those who don't know, test-No. is one of the two bands that Ryo and Den formed after Zigzo disbanded.

Color

• Molt Grain EP
  • Gekitotsu!! on vinyl
  • Fools! Get Lucky on vinyl
  • Autograph board - I'm just disappointed it doesn't have Toshi's autograph
  • Fools! Get Lucky-era tour flyers
  • Ask the Angels promo/radio press vinyl - I have no idea if there's a retail release of this album on vinyl, but I would love to get my hands on it if there is.
  • Marry bass pick
  • Dynamite Tommy's Attitude movie - This is one of those things I bought because I wanted to see how hot of a mess this movie was.  Old punk and visual kei musicians should never be actors.

Kamaitachi/Kamaitachi related bands

• A muffler towel from their 2017 reunion tour
  • Both my Kamaitachi and Genkaku Allergy autograph boards
  • The picture of Kazzy that my avatar came from
  • Mogwai bass pick that probably from around mid to late 1991 due to his stage name on the pick
  • Genkaku Allergy-era Kazzy guitar pick
  • My autographed copy of Octopus Cult's Kamikaze Blues album.
  • The Alien 9 Ball sticker that I got when I bought one of their CDs from someone that knew the band.

Justy-Nasty

• Pleasure of the Sluts on vinyl - Because I am a Lezyna fangirl, I had to own the only album he was a member for.  Also, it's on vinyl and not CD because I like vinyl more than CDs.

Ladies Room

• Sex Sex Sex on vinyl
  • Swapping Party EP
  • Their post reunion CDs that are hard as hell to find.
  • A random fanclub pamphlet that's autographed

Rouage

• Mind on vinyl - This isn't even my favorite Rouage album, but I had to buy it when I saw there was a late '90s VK album on vinyl.

Welp.  I think nothing I previously listed will ever top this CD. 

Y6FjzeTl.jpg

Color's Galaxy (European Pressing), which broke the bank on how much I ever wanted to spend on a rare release.

Edited by Ikki

I think Virge's Akai dress is my biggest treasure so far. It was a live distributed single from Virge's first oneman in October of last year and it took me months of active hunting to finally find and get it. People really don't seem to like reselling their copies I guess, even until now I've only seen like three other ones being sold on yahoo auctions or mercari.  I'd actually kinda wanna know how many copies of it exactly were even produced, none of Virge's other live distributed singles seem this hard to find. Hmm.

It's also my most expensive cd, I paid 15,000 yen for it... And that's not even the highest price I've seen it being sold for lol

10 hours ago, chocobuzz said:

I think Virge's Akai dress is my biggest treasure so far. It was a live distributed single from Virge's first oneman in October of last year and it took me months of active hunting to finally find and get it. People really don't seem to like reselling their copies I guess, even until now I've only seen like three other ones being sold on yahoo auctions or mercari.  I'd actually kinda wanna know how many copies of it exactly were even produced, none of Virge's other live distributed singles seem this hard to find. Hmm.

It's also my most expensive cd, I paid 15,000 yen for it... And that's not even the highest price I've seen it being sold for lol

Wow, what was the highest price that the CD was being sold for?