Guest Naru

CD's that you regret buying...

I haven't gotten a CD in a while, other than me ordering some GACKT CDs recently online.  I don't regret those ;)

But I bought NIGHTMARE's "SCUMS" album from iTunes, an oddly-priced $15 album (or was it more?). Its a bit weird, and the singer's voice can be a bit really strange at times.  I don't like the synth-pop or whatever they do on one or a couple of the songs, its just like, chaos in audible form.  I wouldn't say I regret buying it since I am learning about them, and some songs I really like, but I wish I had liked the entire album more.  Maybe it will grow on me.

And dyxanadu, I'm always amazed at how much CDs cost in Japan!  I think a standard new release is like $30 USD?  And some people complain about $10-$15 for a CD  :indie_lol:

Guest mitsu the indie girl

And dyxanadu, I'm always amazed at how much CDs cost in Japan!  I think a standard new release is like $30 USD?  And some people complain about $10-$15 for a CD  :indie_lol:

Ya, visual kei CDs are really expensive... I've been buying non-visual Japanese indie music... so much cheaper. 

But ya, it's crazy how much music I spent on CDs I ended up getting rid of. Probably more than $1000....

not like i regret about buying any of my cds but still it's just a garbage for me after them being ripped. and i'm not even interested in making scans of booklets lol just throw them away somewhere in the closet :'D

Bangtan boys - Dark & wild. Fuck those justin beiber wanna bes

VOW's mini album and the piano album from that Kain guy for sure. Plus extra stuff I got from Lin's lucky bags shit. Thinking of selling it all, but dunno how to go thru with it.

1 hour ago, midi:nette said:

VOW's mini album and the piano album from that Kain guy for sure. Plus extra stuff I got from Lin's lucky bags shit. Thinking of selling it all, but dunno how to go thru with it.

That's a shame... I thought the piano album was really lovely :( I'm a huge sucker for piano/acoustic arranges though, so that's probably swayin'.

3 hours ago, Biopanda said:

That's a shame... I thought the piano album was really lovely :( I'm a huge sucker for piano/acoustic arranges though, so that's probably swayin'.

I'm a sucker for piano instrumentals too, but I don't see myself listening to it that often. Plus I stupidly believed my fave would be on there but I was mistaken ^^; i still like it tho

I regret for going to the gig of Total Bad Condition at 9/8 bought their CD and wristband (total only 1000yen).

It's not a bad band, but their attitude towards me. pff. didn't expect such king attitude from a non-kei band.

But well lucky not to much money wasted. (beside the gig ticket)

Beside that I don't really regret anything big what I bought recently.

Outside of a Panic! at the Disco CD I bought during my "emo" phase of life, the only CDs I truly regret buying were Utada Hikaru's English albums (Exodus and This Is The One).  I always thought they were complete garbage compare to her Japanese albums and I only bought them because I like supporting Japanese artists when they do release records in the USA.

Lady Gaga CDs, yeah some song can be fun but only if they're playing in the background when I go to the supermarket. That shit makes my collection look ugly.

The Griffon's Market CD. I don't regret getting it for the CRims tracks, but everything else kind of made me go WTF. I honestly would have been happier if it was just a whole CRims album and nothing else. And buying a CD for two tracks out of eight is kind of... yeah. -_-;

Angel - A Woman's Diary - Chapter 1
The solo album of ex-Epica, ex-Trail of Tears (currently in Imperia) vocalist Helena Iren Michaelsen. This album is garbage af. She's an awesome vocalist (just listen to her in ToT, she was at her best!) but nothing can save this album. I thought I would find in this release what I loved so much in her voice in ToT but it's awful. It's just a circus show of bad compositions and awful vocals experimentations.

Pashya - 優白な聲 // 「虹」 // マザー
I love Pashya, but those releases are absolutely useless to me and I wish I had known that before buying. Each contains 3 songs, as I thought first...in reality, it's 1 SE + 2 songs (no need to say that I don't give a flying fuck about those SEs, and the 2 songs are on their best album, that I own too). If I had known that, I wouldn't have bought these releases.

Nightwish - End of an Era [DVD+2CD]
I kinda love NW at small doses (I can't stand Tarja's voice 1 hour straight, just unbearable to my ears^^) but I just don't know why I bought this shit. The live is just bad, Tarja can't sing for shit (why on earth she needs to imitate a duck? It's just unbearable to hear her sing Ever Dream) and the setlist is not so great too. And no, your pyro and expensive shit can't save your show, just stop. Ugh, I just hate this release, I wish I would have thrown it in the bin already.

Besides that, I don't really regret buying anything else, because it's been part of my life.

Back in the days before filesharing and people posting CD's on youtube, every CD was a blind purchase. So many many many regretted purchases then. I don't pre-order anymore, I have to hear anything I'm interested in buying first. So these days, zero are regretted purchases. And I usually only buy used, which doesn't help the bands out unfortuantely

Edited by Cyber Lip

aesthetic violence by versailles. while a cool title, the product description on cdjapan was not the tea for its day. also crystal letos by lareine was a major let-down because i probably didn't read the item description at the time and just thought it contained a hell of a lot of songs. i sold it on ebay back then, but recently repurchased it because i'm a masochist. actually i've grown to love it in my old age. 😪...plus the cover is bomb.com

Edited by Paraph

The album from Kain's pianist, mainly cuz I got thrown off by the seller's auction page tagging Gara's name as if he were featured or smth ;w; And the Paraponera and Poltergeist CDs (just 2 thankfully) I got when I was interested in them for like 2 seconds xD

Also all of Lin's second period releases tbh

DIR EN GREY's The Marrow of a Bone. It's basically the album that killed my interest in them, and I believe it was part of the run where was an issue with the booklet printing or something because I couldn't tell what the cover was supposed to be and the lyrics were written in a dark grey that was almost impossible to read against the black background.

Honestly, I bought it mainly because I was so excited to see a CD from a J-rock band for sale in a regular store. Didn't have a credit card at the time, and I've never liked asking people to buy things for me, so randomly finding CDs at anime conventions and at Asian malls was just about the only way I could buy any J-rock CDs at the time otherwise.

some random CD i found at book-off that looked interesting but was actually really mediocre.

it was by some unknown band called CRYED (non-vk) and since they're so unknown i doubt i'd be able to sell it to anyone lol....

Edited by plastic_rainbow