Guest Naru

CD's that you regret buying...

Guest Naru

Yo,

Some weeks ago, I bought some things at Kiwamu shop.

Normally I almost like all kind of stuff he sell.

But this time it wasn't really a release of his label bands.

I bought this one. together with 2 other CD's but they are nice :3

70726f647563742f363137306631633635652e6a70670032353000.png

I don't think the bands are bad, it's just.. they sound like that you can better go to a live concert then buy music on a CD.

Maybe the wrong songs?

A other release who I regret is:

The sound bee hd: DOKU

70726f647563742f363138373035306563352e6a70670032353000.png

Soud is just horrible, songs are bad.. I so dislike this release.. so damn disappointed ><

one more:

Acid Black Cherry: Q.E.D

al2_dvd1.jpg

Songs.. bad... bad bad..

however the story about qed is great..

..and the last one:

ANGELO METALLIC BUTTERFLY

KICS-91459.jpg

>< It's that I bought the limited edition (who got HE IS A MONKEY PV) otherwise I would sell this CD..

CD's you did regret that you bought them..

tumblr_lj3pv9sbih1qenbwx.gif

Guest Naru

you can better correct me, then point me on that stupid way that I did wrote it wrong -_-

versailles-jubilee.jpg

It cost 30€ and it is not nearly as good as it should be :/

Heeey, I told you to not to buy it at their gig, but you weren't listening me. :(

Well yeah i should have listened, but i have bad habit of not thinking what i buy when i have money D:.

Oh yeah and:

Ritual%20Carnage%20-%20I,%20Infidel.jpg

Apparently i just had to buy their worst album :/

My number of mis-bought CDs has decreased dramatically since the age of filesharing began, because I rarely buy CDs blindly anymore, unless it's kinda cheap. Even for favourite bands stuff usually spreads faster on the net than I can buy it, and I can rarely resist the urge to download then. So I usually know what I'm getting.

But before I could download stuff... well, there were several purchases I regreted. Which was especially painful considering that at that time a CD would almost be a full month's allowances. =/

creatures-clan-of-xymox.jpg

Clan of Xymox - Creatures

I was in my late teens, half-assed goth, and I liked their song Louise which I heard on some sampler, so I bought this. I found it boring. Dunno. Maybe now, 10 years later, I should try it again?

1078.jpg

Suede - Head Music

Absolutely nothing wrong with this album. But little did I know that only months after they would release it as a special edition with bonus CD including live videos - something hard to come by in pre-youtube-age. So... die-hard Suedehead that I was/am, I had to buy it again for the bonus CD. Now I have this album twice. :arg:

I guess nice for a collector but for a teen with little money very, very painful.

I bought The GazettE album STACKED RUBBISH. I really liked the single Filth in the Beauty and so I thought, hell if this song is good then the album must be good! Right! RIGHT!?!?! NOPE! WRONG! OMG worse life choice made ever! I wish I could beat up Ruki and get my $60 back because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Japanese CDs are so expensive and I rage so hard when I buy a bad Japanese CD.

I also bought ClearVeil's album Re:born because it's cheaper to buy a UC album then all the singles since UC albums usually just consists of all their singles and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Did it suck! I also raged all over the place because it was such a humongous waste of money. I ended up giving it away.

Deathgaze The Continuation is another, I was all super excited for it since I liked earlier Deathgaze releases but it was pretty boring and got old fast. I didn't really rage about this, I guess since I had heard these songs all before I don't know why I was expecting so much out of it. I know what I was getting so that was a dumb purchase. I also gave this away to a friend because I couldn't even bother to find the energy to sell it. I just wanted it out of my house ha!

I fall victim to that psychological principle that says that people like things a lot more if they work for it / actually paid for it themselves, so most of the CDs I've bought I liked :lol: . I don't thing I hate any of the stuff I physically own, but I have two that I think I would have been better off not buying:

cov-poetry_for_the_poisoned.jpg

classiccrime_vagabonds.jpg?w=614

The first one was alright, but I really can't get myself to like a lot of Kamelot songs. I liked a few of the ones that have Simone on them, but everything else was just kinda...ehh. I didn't hate it, but I don't think I should have bought it.

The second one is the whiniest thing I've heard. I only loved one song from it, which is a short song as well, and definitely not worth the purchase.

Every single CD that i have, that would have been also available on vinyl! I rarely listen to the CD itself, so i could have still bought the vinyls before i had an vinyl player. Now that i do, i don't buy CD's at all because they just aren't worth the money no matter how good the album is. Music is for decoration don't cha know :3

MUCC's Kyutai - hated it. Tried to force myself to like it just because of the price I paid for it. Tried to be open-minded, accept the band's new path, and ignore the bad reviews. However, after one listen I never could get into it and now I never buy a CD unless I've at least heard some previews or have read several decent reviews by people whose music tastes I "trust." Since I've started doing that, I have rarely bought a CD I really "regret." If I'm uncertain it will give me at least 95% satisfaction, I don't bother.

Coldplay's Viva la Vida - Once again, I tried to force myself to love it just because it was a (former) favorite band of mine, but after about a week I realized how much it sucked and I feel stupid for being so excited about it being released.

D'espairsRay's Horizon - It was the first Japanese CD I ever bought and since it was coming out around December, I decided to treat it as an early Christmas gift to myself. It doesn't exactly have my favorite song by the band on it and I kinda wish I had bought the cheaper digital alternative.

Versailles' Prince and Princess - Same situation as above, only I didn't dislike the songs that much. I didn't really regret buying them until later on when I realized that those two songs would be re-released multiple times and in cheaper or more convenient means.

And really that's all that comes to my mind.

hm, first of,

i feel kinda confused at first since this topic seems one the same boat with this

but then i realized, it may be not.:mrgreen:

but the CD(s) i regret buying?

7337167encodingjpgsize3.jpg

Seriously, this may be the ultimate one.

I was like acting having a big heart when i bought this,

tried to deny how Wes Borland have a big part within the band.

And indeed he is, this album sucks without Borland on guitar department.

plus all the songs, so awfully bad! It's like hearing people swears in a cheap rock pub.

If not Otto and the DJ, i don't know how the album would sound!

Didn't we already have a topic for this?

Btw, the CD I most regret buying because it wasn't far as good as I thought was D'espairsRay's REDEEMER. I adore the title track but the rest was just "meh" :/

Versailles' Prince and Princess - Same situation as above, only I didn't dislike the songs that much. I didn't really regret buying them until later on when I realized that those two songs would be re-released multiple times and in cheaper or more convenient means.

I'm kinda with you on this, but more with ASCENDEAD MASTER. Don't get me wrong, I liked the single just fine, but when BOTH songs will later be on an album, the single seems kind of futile.

I also really regret getting XOVER's mini album, Secilia Luna's Angelianity Myth, ALSDEAD's S.a.g.A and HEARTLESS' Burn Oneself Out DVD. They were all very disappointing to me but I've been able to sell the first two at least to others who enjoy them more!

Agreed with Arithmetica, Japanese CD's are just too expensive to potentially buy bad releases...

Oh, another release I especially raged all over the place was DELUHI's Yggdalive. I don't like this CD at all, it's when Leda decided to start writing whole bunch of bad songs and ruin DELUHI. I preordered this piece of junk and spent all that money to only be disappointed. :cry:

I fall victim to that psychological principle that says that people like things a lot more if they work for it / actually paid for it themselves, so most of the CDs I've bought I liked :lol: .

I kinda have this same mentality. Certain bands I will buy the CD without downloading it first, there's something more satisfying when you are holding the CD in your hand and placing into your music player to hear it for the first time. I don't get that same satisfaction or feeling when I just go to the download section and download some asshole's rips.

japanese CD's are just too expensive so I not buy them ,

Last one was abingdon boys school - Teaching Materials on gig

Last CD's I buy : Porcupine Tree - Deadwing and Faith No More - Who Cares a Lot?: The Greatest Hits

MariLL - Invatation

ラブCan - ラブC??n?? 愉快・痛快 OH????ケ?? + ??コ?????????

ゴールデンボン??ー - Any cd at all cause they're money whores

ラブCan

lol irl

and an Access boxset or a 2002 Matina omni that was pretty much nothing but growling

Only one I sort of regret (that isn't 10+ years old) is The bottom of chaos by RES, but it's the EU version and I bought it from the department store, so at least it didn't cost any more than a regular CD.

Faith No More - Who Cares a Lot?: The Greatest Hits

so you regret purchasing FNM album? :o

I wanted do that in the future

Faith No More - Who Cares a Lot?: The Greatest Hits

so you regret purchasing FNM album? :o

Wikipedia says they're credited as a big influence to nu-metal. I would regret supporting a band that helped drive that sack-of-shit genre as well :/