Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

the GazettE - SHIVER

Shiver - Lack luster generic pulp reminiscent of earlier styles. I find the song un-listenable and terrible. It's not good for the ears. 1/10

HESITATING MEANS DEATH - Annoying. I can't stand it. It makes me feel like I have a hang over. I can't stand what Ruki does with his voice. The drums are like a migraine that could cripple a healthy individual for life. The guitar is like children screeching in your ears after a night of drinking vodka and Jeigermeister. But it's a lot better than Shiver. 1/10

Naraku - Listening to it makes me feel like I'm listening to a band with a completely different skill set than what was done with the other songs. . The song even creates a decent atmosphere. 4/10

This person wrote my thought of the new single so I just quoted it and changed it a little.

Didn't like their previous single either. They disappoint me a lot now days. :-/

Oh wow. I just listened to Shiver for the first time, and while "Miseinen" was the first thought that popped into my head, the riffing in the verses is almost identical to Zetsu. Just different chords.

Other than that, not a bad song.

It creates a good atmosphere and is technically superior to Shiver. I find it a bit similar to Kyoum.. K.... WHATEVER THAT B-SIDE WAS FROM GUREN.

Have you noticed:

Shiver - up-tempo pop song

Hesitating Means Death - the heavy song

Naraku or whatever - somewhere inbetween

their label probably dictates this. whatever happened to artistic freedom? I've been thinking about how this relates to The GazettE and i feel that if given their artistic freedom to make any kind of single they wanted, they have a lot of potential to be a really great band. It's unfortunate this potential goes wasted on being told what kind of music they will give to their audience.

Wow, so with your awesome observation (soft - heavy - heavy/soft), you came to the conclusion that PSC controls everything they do? Awesome. What about the other singles that doesn't fit your theory? Can't wait to hear more!

And Shiver is techically way more superior to the rest of the single. Playability wise.

Sign in to follow this