The general Metal discussion thread

The most brutal, wild and nasty-sounding album of the year. It's not pure metal and leans more towards hardcore punk than metal, but the metal influence is there.

What this sounds like: it sounds like the fast, brutal, relentless and frantic Septic Death album "Now That I Have The Attention What Do I Do With It? " mixed with Misfit's heavy and thrashing horror punk. Then take this already brilliant mix and drive it through a Beherit filter to get the extremely dark, raw and nasty sound. Then add some early, dark slasher atmosphere to it all and you're getting close to what they actually sound like.

One of the best albums of 2018 IMO. 17 minutes of pute brutality and nastiness. 

This is some good shit. Nasty death metal.

Heavy speed metal punk. Think Midnight, Motorhead and Venom. Good release.

This is a cool split release. A mix of different types of punky metal. Nightrider plays speed metal/punk band, Hellripper, Wastëland Riders and Dulvel plays black/speed metal. Motorcharged Venom worship.

755181.jpg?2830

After a demo, single, EP and a recent compilation black metal punks Devil Master are finally getting their debut album out. Features t least member of the super overlooked black metal punk band Cape of Bats, and musically this is somewhat similar. The new track is awesome, so I am really looking forward to this.

I have not been really active here. I have discovered some new bands which are really interesting ! 

Grusig (from Switzerland) have released their debut album "Dr Ahfang vor Misäärä" almost two weeks ago.

The other one is Cabra (from the USA) who released their new EP "We Are Infinitus" a week ago.  

G5MTOy8.jpg

It's been no less than 14 years since their last album, but judging from this track this upcoming album should be good. Celtic Frost and Hellhammer inspired black/thrash. Cool and groovy.

Some interesting death metal from Xinxiang (China). 

48373872_496078747545819_678741855539141

While I'm at it, 虚极(Bliss-Illusion) released some months ago their first album 森罗万象 (Shinrabansho) ! It has a Zuriaake-feel.

a0721594031_16.jpg

Edited by The Piass

755669.jpg

Funereal Presence - Achatius

Fucking yes! Finally something new. 4 tracks, 48 minutes. This should be good. One of the most original black metal bands out there over the past 10 years, and he's doing it without really going too far out or adding a shittons of different elements. Amazing band!

Older track:

More goodies:

Posted about this album sometime towards the end of 2018 and finally the teaser's out. Sounds as dark, majestic, powerful, heavy and crushing as I'd expect. Epic death//funeral doom. Debut album is brilliant and this sounds exceptional as well.

Track from the new Saor album. Like his three previous albums this sounds amazing, but I do wish he'd focus more on his more straight-forward atmospheric black metal project Fuath as that band is even better, but I can't complain. This sounds great!

Another new Saor song and this time it features Neige of Alcest. Better than the last track and one of the better Saor tracks to date, and much of it comes down to Neige's excellent vocals. He's just on a whole different planet vocal wise.

This is a pretty cool album. An hour of dark, sleazy stoner doom that's heavy as fuck. Think I'd like it even better if the vocals were toned down a bit. A bit lower in the mix and hidden behind a layer of hazy effects or something. But it's good, and I absolutely adore that cover. So fucking sleazy.

Blood Ceremony are releasing a new single, one new track and a The Who cover. The video is the new original track performed live for the first time, and I ain't gonna lie: that sounds exceptional as always. Sounds a bit less folk-rock influences, but catchy as fuck and the flute is magnificent. Can't wait for the single, and hopefully a new album sooner rather than later.

Just discovered this album that was released late last year. It's a project between Azgorh (Drowning the Light) and Akhtya Nachttoter (Black Funeral). It kinds sounds like a mix of Drowning the Light, Black Funeral and Mortiis. Think vampiric black metal like Drowning the Light, Mütiilation, Vampyric Blood and Black Funeral, mixed with 90's (sounding) dungeon synth like Mortiis, Old Tower, Spectral Kingdom and Thangorodrim. Got a grim and medieval feeling to it. Sounds terrific!

This one hurts.

Vintersorg has departed from Borknagar due to personal reasons. The band is finalizing their eleventh album and ICS Vortex will take over as the lead vocalist. Fortunately they also hint that Vintersorg may appear in future releases as a guest vocalist. 🙏

I first found Borknagar thru Vortex, who was ICONIC in Dimmu Borgir, but fell in love with the band when I heard Vintersorg. I've since followed his main project, and I hope that this departure means he'll be focused on that more. I'm still looking forward to the new Borknagar album, but I feel it won't be the same without Mr. V. 💔

Not gonna lie, that's about time if you ask me. And hopefully he'll be able to put even more time and effort into Vintersorg and other projects again, which would be really great now that Vintersorg is on a proper high with some truly great releases, unlike what I think Borknagar has for the last 19 years. 

Alongside more work on Vintersorg it Would be cool if him and Øystein Garnes Brun of Borknagar got out another Cronian album, as well as getting out the damn Otyg already. Vintersorg and the rest of the band revived Otyg in 2012 and talked about an album being close to finished composing-wise in 2013-2014, but that they didn't have time to record it. Which is a massive shame as this is one of those truly classic folk metal bands that actually nailed that type of folk metal. They sound more folky than most folk metal bands, and they're way, way closer to folk rock than other bands in the genre which is really cool. The metal part doesn't play a big part of the sound at all, especially not on the debut album. Underrated band.

Edited by Bear