The general Metal discussion thread

New Peste Noire track is uppp

I gotta say I'm not a fan of this kind of hip-hop production/sound, but it was okay. What carried it over to enjoyable territory for me was definitely the vocals. Going by the promo text on the site, we should expect another advance track in December with a 'cabaret' style (that one I can't wait for, haha). I've also read somewhere that supposedly the album will be out mid-December too, but didn't see any official release date mentioned yet.

I'm still debating whether i'll go to the nazi fest in kiev to get that CD before the official release since they're going to sell it there along with the acoustic PN gig. After some listens I like both new tracks

^ Yeah, that's the only info I have of the album's "first availability". In any case, hoping some kind soul will upload it soon afterwards... :D 

The acoustic gig should be cool. The live shit from the streets in Kiev(?) earlier this year was as cool as ut was corny, and it was corny as fuck. Loved it.

I'm surprised by how good the new Hate Eternal album is. Wasn't expecting much and got a potential AotY, that's life I guess lol.

Also, Rotting Christ announced their 13th album coming up in February 2019. Titled "The Heretics". 

Not gonna lie I'm always HYPED AS FUCK when it comes to RC, I just wish they'll experiment a little more with this one. Not the "Behemoth ILYAYD" type of experimentation though (there I had to say it).

But whether they try something different or not, I'm pretty sure they're gonna deliver once again. They always do.

rottingchrist-cover.jpg?w=627

Also praying that "Hallowed Be Thy Name" won't be an Iron Maiden cover (I'm 90% it won't be but you never know).

1 hour ago, Visutox said:

I'm surprised by how good the new Hate Eternal album is. Wasn't expecting much and got a potential AotY, that's life I guess lol.

I enjoyed this album too, pretty good! Although at the time of listening it was the only full-length I've heard from them, haha (I've caught up a bit in the meantime, all around decent/quality brutality).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtcmvdvvlCg&feature=youtu.be

DeathKarma- The History of Death & Burial Rituals Part 2 

Tracklist: 
1.HAITI - Voodoo 
Under the influence of narcotics, I follow the rhythm of psychedelic drums, where the dance, death and sacrifice can wake up the dead body from the ground and no other can speak with them like Baron Samedi - A Loa of the Dead. 

2.TIBET - Sky burial 
Mantras are spreading over the Tibetan mountains where dead bodies float in the 
vultures' stomachs. Om Mani Padme Hum. 

3.SCANDINAVIA - Ship burial 
Strength, pride and bravery are sailing to Valhalla under the wings of valkyries where Odin is waiting for them. 

4.NEW ZEALAND - Mongrel Mob 
Maori rebels, pacific devils, fierce death dealers, savage robbers. United they stand, they would never bend. Howling in the night, wooden coffin in the air… Outlaws, rise! Unite! Mighty Mongrel Mob. 

5.EGYPT - Pharaohs 
Eternity is the destination of every pharaoh's soul which is hidden under the pyramid. 

6.INDONESIA - Tana Toraja 
The dead ancestor shares the same roof, the same house. This is great respect and act of boundless love in Rambu Soloq ceremonies in Tana Toraja. 

7.CZECH REPUBLIC - Ossuary 
The half-blind monk arranges skulls and bones overnight in the lower part of the church. With the sound of organ he creates beautiful death patterns in the shadow of the candles, in the name of God. 

8.JAPAN - The Sea of Silent Trees (bonus track for Japan vinyl version and CD) 
High demands, no privacy, no love, no human touch, no dreams, hopelessness, aimlessness, it's not the right way in life, but it's the right path to Aokigahara forest, where the deliverance is waiting for them. 
“your life is a precious gift from your parents”, “please, consult with the police or call your family before you decide to die” 

Short samples of each song: https://youtu.be/jtcmvdvvlCg 
Full Indonesia song: https://soundcloud.com/metaleyewitness/death-karma-indonesiatana-toraja-metaleyewitness-premiere 

Oh hell yeah! Debut album was good, so I am really looking forward to this and the samples sounds amazing. The full track sounds excellent too. Seem to lean a bit more towards epic and melodic black metal than the debut, but that's cool as fuck to me.

Not quite metal, but I am getting to see Uriah Heep tonight. Finally! It's not the original line up of course, and only two of the five are original members. But two out of five ain't bad for a band that started in the late 60's, and three of them have been in the band since before my birth so that very much OK with me. The album is surprisingly good, and the classics are, as we all know, just fucking massive. So this should be good.

Really looking forward to hearing this song live. One of the best and most epic songs ever written by man.

Only problem I see is that two of the members are way too young. I wish all of the members were older men. It just suits a band like this better. But that's not exactly a big deal as long as they play well, which I am sure they do. 

Some cool news:

745311.jpg?2621

Abyssic - High the Memory

It took Abyssic no less than 19 years to get their their debut album, and first ever release out, and now their second album is coming, three years later. Their debut album is a pitch black symphonic death/doom album of extremely high quality and I expect no less from this. Should be great. Features members and ex-members of bands like Susperia, Old Man's Child, Sirenia, Dimmu Borgir and Vanaheim. 

746962.jpg?2235

Sperm Angel - II

Debut EP was fun black/heavy metal, and so is this. Silly as fuck, but catchy and fun.

https://spermangel.bandcamp.com/album/ii

729089.jpg?3042

House of Atreus - From the Madness of Ixion

This has already been released. Fairly good death metal much in the vein of Arghoslent, but a bit heavier I'd say.

Children of Bodom's new album "Hexed" will be released on 2019.03.08. I am looking forward to it ! 

Tracklist :

1. The Road
2. Under Grass and Clover
3. Glass Houses
4. Hecate’s Nightmare
5. Kick in the Spleen
6. Platitudes and Barren Words
7. Hexed
8. Relapse (The Nature of My Crime)
9. Say Never Look Back
10. Soon Departed
11. Knuckleduster
12. I Worship Chaos (live)
13. Morrigan (live)
14. Knuckleduster (remix)

46785159_10156179544218737_2779627856727

Rhapsody, man. Dear God!

They started out as Thundercross in 1993, released a demo under that moniker in 1994 and then changed their name to Rhapsody in 1994/1995 and released their second demo, but their first as Rhapsody, in 1995.

Then in 2006 Rhapsody had to change their name because of some legal shit, and changed it to Rhapsody of Fire.

In 2011, Luca Turilli and Patrice Guers left Rhapsody of Fire and started Luca Turilli's Rhapsody. After a couple of albums Luca Turilli decided to end this, and departure from metal as a whole.

2016, vocalist Fabio Lione who had been a vocalist in Rhapsody since 1995 left Rhapsody.

2018, after Luca Turilli and Fabio Lione have toured as Rhapsody and played some farewell gigs, they had such a nice time that they decided to form a new band. Turilli / Lione Rhapsody

How fucking amazing isn't this?

Guitarist Luca Turilli is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time btw. The shit he did with Rhapsody during their first three albums, Luca Turilli and Luca Turilli's Rhapsody were good. An absolute maestro as far as I am concerned. So much good, cheesy and fun riffing it's impossible not to be impressed.

Props to Rhapsody! My very first heavy metal record that I actually bought was the cassette version of "Dawn of Victory". Still a nostalgic favorite.

I gotta admit, I haven't really kept up with them at all for the past few years, but I might dive back to them, they released so much stuff I still haven't checked out. Extreme cheese, but when it's right IT'S RIGHT. ♥

Me neither. But the first four Rhapsody albums are golden, Power of the Dragonflame is good and both Symphony of Enchanted Lands II - The Dark Secret and Triumph or Agony are good. But not sure I've actually checked out the stuff after Triumph of Agony. It's not like they ever renewed themselves, so I kinda felt I had enough albums.

But I totally recommend Luca Turilli's Rhapsody and ESPECIALLY Luca Turilli. Because both King of the Nordic Twilight and Prophet of the Last Eclipse (inspired by Luca's love for sci-fi films, and especially Event Horizon ;) ) are as good as Rhapsody at their best.

New track by Vltimas, the new band of David Vincent (ex-Morbid Angel), Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy) and Rune "Blasphemer" Eriksen (ex-Mayhem).

Doesn't sound too bad to be honest. A bit ordinary, but Blasphemer is delivering some really good riffs and both David Vincent and Flo does a great job too. Kinda looking forward to the album.

Dunno if it's the terrible YT compression or just how the thing is mixed but the sound is just distracting me, so I think I'll reserve my judgement till I hear the official release of that VLTIMAS recording. Vocals are terrible and ridiculously loud, couldn't even get to halfway of the song...

In other news, January 25 is the release date of King Diamond's long-awaited double live vid (DVD/BluRay). First whole track is up, it's gooooood

The new Mournful Congregation is an excellent album to get drunk and consider committing suicide to. Dark, majestic and crushing funeral doom with dark, melancholic atmosphere and a feeling of despair, a swirling darkness that surrounds you and threatens to drown you in your own misery. Excellent stuff!

Sale Freux doesn't seem to grow out of ideas and he continues releasing new stuff yearly. I've been a fan of this guy for ages now and he doesn't seem to know how to disappoint. Sounds more controlled and less "rural" and weird than earlier, but still as good.

Heavy/speed metal that sounds shitty in an excellent way. The vocals are so bad, but so cool. Think Exciter meets Tank and old Running Wild. Perfect for drinking!