The general Metal discussion thread

Karg (solo project from Harakiri for the sky's singer)  have a new song from his album "Dornenvögel" to be released on 2018.11.16.

A first one had been revealed almost two months ago

Obliteration have also a new song !

Their album "Cenotaph Obscure" will be released on 2018.11.23.

Again, a first one has been out for one month.

Edited by The Piass

3 hours ago, The Piass said:

Obliteration have also a new song !

Their album "Cenotaph Obscure" will be released on 2018.11.23.

Sadly I never heard of this band before but these tracks sound AMAZING. Really looking forward to this now, thanks for mentioning them! :) 

26 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Sadly I never heard of this band before but these tracks sound AMAZING. Really looking forward to this now, thanks for mentioning them! :) 

You need to pay more attention my posts, brah, cuz Obliteration is a band I've talked a lot about on here. Not a big fan of their debut album which is a fairly standard and mediocre release, but Nekropsalms is really good and Black Death Horizon is just amazing. That production job is just too fucking sweet.

I highly recommend fellow Norwegian death metallers Reptilian if you like the sound of Obliteration. Their one and only album Perennial Void Traverse is a complete masterpiece. They sound A LOT like Obliteration, but I feel like they're a bit more chaotic at times. Just as good as Obliteration if you ask me. Fantastic album!

Edited by Bear

^ It's hard to keep up, man!! :P Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Right now I'm not really in the mood for this type of DM, so gonna check 'em out a bit later. Spinning some Mortician and Incinerated currently, so I'm more on the primitive side of things now, heh.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Would be cool if you actually added something of an opinion or thought to your posts, rather than just posting a video or copy paste information on the release and nothing like. Like, a personal opinion on the news/album/song/cover art or whatever for example.

2 hours ago, Bear said:

Would be cool if you actually added something of an opinion or thought to your posts, rather than just posting a video or copy paste information on the release and nothing like. Like, a personal opinion on the news/album/song/cover art or whatever for example.

It would be nice if we could do that without you immediately stomping on our opinions when you don't like something other people post.

Been re-listening to some Thy Darkened Shade today, they truly are in a realm of their own. Their last full-length was released 4 years ago already, and last year they only had 2 split appearances (great tracks nonetheless) so I really really hope some longer new material is being prepared.

Everything they released so far is pure gold, but their 2nd (latest) album "Liber Lvcifer I: Khem Sedjet" is just A++ stuff. Kickass occult, complex and melodic BM.

25 minutes ago, Bear said:

Trailer for King Diamond "Songs for the Dead Live".

I've been drooling over that vid for the past few days, looks and sounds sooo good! Crazy to think he's over 60 and still going stronger than ever (well, the time of filming was a couple years ago, but still...)! Now all I need is an actual gig somewhere near here and a new album...

7 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Been re-listening to some Thy Darkened Shade today, they truly are in a realm of their own. Their last full-length was released 4 years ago already, and last year they only had 2 split appearances (great tracks nonetheless) so I really really hope some longer new material is being prepared.

Everything they released so far is pure gold, but their 2nd (latest) album "Liber Lvcifer I: Khem Sedjet" is just A++ stuff. Kickass occult, complex and melodic BM.

I am really glad that you mentioned them ! Great discovery !

I forgot to post this new song from Chapel Of Disease ! Really cool song !

Their album "...And As We Have Seen The Storm, We Have Embraced The Eye" is set to be released on 2018.11.23.

25 minutes ago, The Piass said:

I forgot to post this new song from Chapel Of Disease ! Really cool song !

Their album "...And As We Have Seen The Storm, We Have Embraced The Eye" is set to be released on 2018.11.23.

That was three words and your post Immediately went from boring to pretty fucking valuable. Just because of your own damn opinion. Nice. Well done. :D

Will check the song later. Should be good indeed.

It may come from the fact that I have always written album reviews for myself so that's why I tend to keep my opinion to myself as well X)

6 hours ago, Bear said:

That was three words and your post Immediately went from boring to pretty fucking valuable. Just because of your own damn opinion. Nice. Well done. :D

Will check the song later. Should be good indeed.

Edited by The Piass

No biggie. This entire forum is filled with people who do that. But as soon as someone add an opinion of some sorts when posting news and shit, chances of people getting interested is just much higher. Especially if one compare it to someone or something. I tried this in the film threads lately too. Just posting the name of the film and nothing else. I am pretty sure my mini-reviews cause a lot more interest, and my thoughts on the movie might get more people to see/avoid it too even if someone disagree's with the opinion.

Example:

*insert new Soulfly song*

Soulfly will release their new album Ritual on 08.08-2018

vs

*insert new Soulfly song*

Soulfly will release their new album Ritual on 08.08-2018

Well this was a surprise. Max Cavelera and Soulfly's been becoming more and more metallic with each release and this is easily the most metallic, brutal and old school-sounding Cavalera album since Arise.

Someone will disagree about the statement made above, but it will win the interest of a few more than the first example and that's all I meant with "adding something". So fucking what if someone disagree and act a bit childish and holier than thou about it? Who cares? It's the internet. If you can't handle stuff like that life just isn't for you.

Last statement not meant towards you btw.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:31 AM, Bear said:

That was three words and your post Immediately went from boring to pretty fucking valuable.

i don't understand what's so boring about simply posting a video in a metal thread tho??? Adding an opinion isn't mandatory. 

How about stop bullying people in changing how they make their own posts? You don't look like a staff member, nor do you run this thread OR this forum. Stop acting like you do.

I've been on a massive Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats binge lately, such an awesome psychedelic retro doomy creepy cult vibe! I didn't remember them being this good, lol. I'm currently in the process of listening to their new album "Wasteland" for the first time and this might be a bold statement (as I'm only halfway through) but this might be their best release yet... or one of their best, at least. Usually their stuff is a bit monotonous, not saying this as a bad thing, it's just a fact, but so far all the songs here are pretty catchy and more memorable than usual. The production is perfect too, noisy but still somehow 'clear'. Awesomeness all around.

edit: Okay, just finished it, it's not the best, but one of their strongest albums definitely.

Edited by Jigsaw9

I have just discovered a band called Astaroth Incarnate ! They have just released a clip ! Several songs are also available on their Youtube channel.

Overall, the music is quite good.

The artwork is also really cool ! 

astaroth-incarnate_omnipotence-the-infin

Also, the American-Japanese collaboration Skull Pit released a new song.

I kinda love the vocals but they lack "diversity" and the instruments are really good.

43 minutes ago, The Piass said:

Also, the American-Japanese collaboration Skull Pit released a new song.

I kinda love the vocals but they lack "diversity" and the instruments are really good.

I was really hyped for this project because of (Church of Misery's) Tatsu Mikami's involvement, but ohhhhh boy... I just can't get into this at all (even tho "on paper" the style should work for me). Granted, this track is easier on my ears than their debut track but still far from anything I'd replay. The instrumentals are not bad but the vocals are too goofy for my liking. :D Cool art and logo tho.

You can now listen to 1914's latest album "The Blind Leading the Blind".

I have yet to listen to it but as the song from the album was very good, I am also confident that the album also will be.

Edited by The Piass