The general Metal discussion thread

I thought the new Behemoth album was okay... nothing more, nothing less. Tho that is my general opinion when it comes to their music as a whole (and for some weird reason I wasn't too fond of "The Satanist", I enjoyed this one better).

Lol, new Behemoth is such a damp squib, and I put the blame on Nergal.  

22 hours ago, Bear said:

When Nergal told us to expect some WTF-shit I thought they'd taken the sound of The Satanist and fucked it up even more. Gone wilder, crazier and more experimental/daring. But I Loved You At Your Darkest makes The Satanist sound like a  wild, progressive avant-garde album that's just out there. Which it truly isn't.

This basically sums up what I think of the album. But for me though, the singles that dropped before the release (except for Bartzabel, which is my favorite from ILYAYD) were basically warning us not to expect more than that. I had hoped that they would be the weakest from the album, but actually they are in the image of what ILYAYD has to offer (and vice versa).

Edited by Visutox

On 10/14/2018 at 6:42 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

I thought the new Behemoth album was okay... nothing more, nothing less. Tho that is my general opinion when it comes to their music as a whole (and for some weird reason I wasn't too fond of "The Satanist", I enjoyed this one better).

You familiar with their older stuff, from before they started the transition from black to death with Pandemonic Incantations? Back in the early-to-mid 90's they had a very classic polish black metal sound. It's not for everyone, but I always loved the polish sound. Old Behemoth, Graveland, Infernum, Veles, Fullmoon, Sunwheel and more. They really nailed the hateful, medieval atmosphere on these early-to-mid 90's albums, while still capturing something incredible epic and emotional. Everything up until the extremely underrated Grom are just top notch IMO.  The way they captured that classic polish sound on all their albums, while also being fully able to capture both the mean and raw, as well as the big and epic sides of Bathory is just awesome.

I mentioned Iceland and Svartidauði a page back, and they just announced they would release a new album. First track is stellar:

Ah, alright.

To arms! At the sirens' call, get behind the banners of the three Indo-European colors, embodying the war, the sacred and the earth! Here is the first track from the next album of PESTE NOIRE. Composed in the best tradition of KPN, it gives you a taste of the first half of the album. Another track, much less of a classic, that stands for the spirit of the second part of the album, will be posted before the end of the month. Listen and download the song in lossless format for free on the official MZ website: http://WWW.MILITANT.ZONE/KPN-AUX-ARMES

Oh yeah! That fucking rules.

I'm digging the new PN track too, looking forward to the album! I hope they're not losing the weirdness that characterized their last few albums tho (since this new song seems to be more 'straight-up' black metallish than usual).

They've said that the first half is rather straight-forward, while the second half is out there. I know MZ have said that one track is the most controversial song by a black metal band in a long time. I can see Famine going full black metal rap on it. Full on white traah, black metal rap. Hah

32 minutes ago, Bear said:

I can see Famine going full black metal rap on it. Full on white traah, black metal rap. Hah

Haha, I really hope so! :D Famine's black metal rapping is amusing but kinda somewhat cool too, I dunno what it is. xD

I don't see the problem with that at all. Seen Svartidauði several times myself, and they've always been excellent and always been able to give the audience a show that totally matches their music.

Different type of bands require different type of stage personality and energy, and personally I don't feel like dissonant or (semi-)technical black/death metal bands like Svartidauði, Devouring Star, Portal and Dodecahedron has to give a high-octane performance on stage. Doesn't exactly fit the music. Same with bands like Cult of Fire and Batushka. I just don't think a really energetic show would fit them at all. Just standing up and down without doing anything but playing the music is just perfect.

To me that's a bit like complaining about Slipknot giving a energetic performance. But to each their own of course. 

Anomalie have revealed a new video called "Temples" from their EP "Integra" (2018.11.10).

Tracklist :

1. Rebirth 

2. Aurora

3. Temples

4. Delieverance

Uada have also revealed a new clip promoting their album "Cult of a Dying Sun" which came out on 2018.2018.05.25.

Edited by The Piass