Sign in to follow this  
gyakutai

Most undervalued bands

I'm not sure about any visual kei bands, but Coaltar of the Deepers, ?? (Tokusatsu), The Mad Capsule Markets and The Stalin are all great bands that definitely deserve more listeners.
I completely agree with COTD and MAD.

COTD need to release something new (what was their newest release.. Bear?).

And AA= and Wagdug are amazing side projects.

@CAT5: I think you make good points, there are just way too many angles to view it. I think most people in the thread seem to be basing it on current Western fandom popularity a.k.a. the general "jay-rawk" fandom. I'm willing to bet though, that some of these bands probably have garnered decent respect in Japan, etc. (Especially those bands ronluna listed or made threads about). And then there is the subject if by "value" we are talking about the size of a fanbase or who is acknowledged by the media etc. It gets too confusing to argue. . . :(

@ronluna: Dude, chill. We'll comment on Tetsu's solos when we are good and ready to. . .

ronluna acts like more than 5% of the people that visit these boards look at anything either than news or downloads.

Personally I think METAL SAFARI is quite an underrated band. They've got some good stuff. Might up their latest release later today.

Guest 膣分泌液
Coming out your mouth with your blah, blah, blah
Just because you have personal issues with the composition of their fanbase doesn't make it not exist.

Lol srsly, listen and watch "I'll" and then go listen and watch to Yasashii Higesi, Miss Moonlight or Autism. If you don't see the parallels then you're fucking blind.

And my taste has nothing to do with this conversation. I actually enjoy Dir's first EP and early singles if that's what you're wondering.

(And srsly, you're still arguing for them being undervalued when then have 23 MILLION plays on last.fm?)

On the legend part, I would love more people to like Sense of Shape

Everyone seems to think they were the worst Matina shit, but I actually like them XD

BTW, how come in EVERY TW thread there must be a Dir en grey drama?

Oh, and how people love comparing Toshiya and Kisaki... you just can't get over it, can you.

Doremidan, Secilia Luna, definitely.
and also:

Megaromania

pan-d-ra

Anli Pollicino

DOGinThePWO

ValettA

Duel Jewel

Megaromania? Hell no.

They've been extremely popular lately, you could say that with Lin and NEGA, they create the imaginary "top UCP 3".

Though it sounds stupid 8D

Doremidan, Secilia Luna, definitely.
and also:

Megaromania

pan-d-ra

Anli Pollicino

DOGinThePWO

ValettA

Duel Jewel

Megaromania? Hell no.

They've been extremely popular lately, you could say that with Lin and NEGA, they create the imaginary "top UCP 3".

Though it sounds stupid 8D

ok well maybe your right about Megaromania but many of my friends that listen to J-rock still have never heard of them -_- but I guess they are getting more popular~

Just because I was blasting a few of their albums earlier and can't believe they're not more popular, La'chryma christi. Some others: Any Full project, Angelo, Sel'm

Janne Da Arc ! They inspired SINCREA, JACKROSE, Nii from girugamesh & a lot others. They deserve more fans.
:domo::domo: i agree

also chariots are really undervalued. or is only me?

Nah, I think it's just you. They were step down from Riku's previous works in every department and the worst part of it was that while he was in chariots he forced his voice to come out unnaturally. I think he was trying to sound more aggressive but it just sounded like he had a permanent stuffy nose.

There were some songs of theirs I liked but overall they weren't that spectacular IMO.

also chariots are really undervalued. or is only me?

Nah, I think it's just you. They were step down from Riku's previous works in every department and the worst part of it was that while he was in chariots he forced his voice to come out unnaturally. I think he was trying to sound more aggressive but it just sounded like he had a permanent stuffy nose.

There were some songs of theirs I liked but overall they weren't that spectacular IMO.

I agree with Zesshoku about Riku.

TBH, chariots has been one of the worst bands from UCP, I mean I like Riku's voice, and also KANATA and Reiya, but there was just something really bland with them. In fact, the only two songs I liked were shred and camouflage (the latter one being a Phantasmagoria cover).

^ TEAM ONAN SPELMERMAID. HBIC, FIERCE, FLAWLESS, BETTER THAN YOU ALL ETC.

juicy.jpg

LOGiQ definitely! What's their current status? If they're still alive, they need to release new stuffs! Yukiya is doing them no justice.

I love LogiQ ;O;

they are on activity pause as far as I know.

Sign in to follow this