Sign in to follow this  
gyakutai

Most undervalued bands

Guest 膣分泌液
Hilcrhyme - ok, not rock, but still, hardly anyone on this side knows about them

Lastier - broken up since forever, but I swear I've only met two people that like them, and *I* introduced them. :|

You're awesome :3 (Hilcrhyme is pretty popular in Japan though, their sales are great and early Lastier is amazing).

--

Red Sun

Valentine D.C.

Eins:Vier

??????????????

?...

D?SIRE

Blüe

????????

C-999

Ti+Dee

???????

I wouldn't really call Kiryu undervalued either. In terms of vk indies bands, they seem to get a fair share of attention. When I upped their album at TW.net, it got 800 downloads from my Mediafire alone. For comparison, a 12012 single I upped around the same time got the same amount of downloads.

2 somewhat undervalued bands I can think of are ??????? and Lamiel.

Lastier - broken up since forever, but I swear I've only met two people that like them, and *I* introduced them. :|
definitely. unfortunately, I could never find all their stuff online :/.

I think I found them through a song they did for a drama I can't recall.

D'ERLANGER, DEAD END, Die in Cries, 44 MAGNUM, GASTUNK, ZI:KILL, COLOR, BOOWY, HAPPY END, THE STALIN etc the old ones.

+a exact observation of these----> when somebody create a topic about the band they have 0~10 replies. compare a topic with at least 5 pages of posts to a 0~10 replies. or in last.fm 2000 listeners and below. i am happy that theres JACK IN THE BOX and barks.jp who endorse these bands. of course it depends on the listener's choice of music.

my pal foot foot

WATCHU KNOW 'BOUT my pal foot foot MANG :o
i like their music. But just listened to couple of their albums so far.

They are GOOD. More people should listened to them, even though not VK.

They're a duet, aren't they?

...lol @Kiryu, Paradeis, DaizyStripper and Golden Bomber being undervalued. A lot of fujoushis out there has, and still, make a huge fuss about the latter, specifically after seeing them being so gay. Not pointing at both their musical abilities and how the music sounded like, tho.

Kiryu

I don't think that, it seems to me they have a really huge fanbase also in Europe/America. But too many people care about how they look and not about their music :/

Not at all, almost no one knows them in America, also there aren't many European fans. I mean just look at their last.fm and even when something by them is uploaded here. :/

? Yeah, never heard of Kiryu before

I'm not sure about any visual kei bands, but Coaltar of the Deepers, ?? (Tokusatsu), The Mad Capsule Markets and The Stalin are all great bands that definitely deserve more listeners.

Adding to Misa, I think Werkmare is a bit on the underappreciated side, as are the Piass for being around for almost 20 years, Garasu, pretty much all of Anarchist Records bands that don't have Kenzi in them, and ?????? (Glammy, Bio-Glammy, etc.).

Ivory7Chord, Four Chamber View. Celestial garden was a good band, althought they disbanded, and I loved la;cen -Zhow.

On the legend part, I would love more people to like Sense of Shape and Damian Hamada, don't forget the most amazing band out there Wed+Day!

Seeing Four Chamber View passing here by, they're touring again. Since a few weeks now they've got their new line-up ready, well, almost :P. They now have 3 full members, and 2 support members since the end of May... They also added a keyboard-player to their line-up so their sound probably has changed...

Just to throw in some names as well:

???????(Irodori) - if you like Kiryu, you might also like them.

Hi:BRiD - great band, maybe not THAT undervalued though

?? (Eve) - They don't have many releases yet, but they are definitely worth listening to

??????? (CindyKate) - Don't know if they're actually that undervalued, but they don't have many plays on last.fm. Some songs are actually really great.

There are so many....

GULLET

THE.GOLDEN SPIDER

???

Calmando Qual

?????????

AURORA

????

?-Biene-

????

...for example. But the most of these have already disbanded. DDD:<

Pierrot needs to achieve a legend status, and LM.C needs to disband.

AGREED. I'm so disgusted over LM.C. I just don't get it.

Guest o hai itz will

When it comes to bands in the world of J-Rock, I would say bands such as FujiFabric, DaizyStripper, and EAT YOU ALIVE are VERY underappreciated.

But when it comes to Japanese bands in the world of music (i.e. consisting of all bands, not just japanese), Dir en grey is easily at the top of the list.

Guest 膣分泌液
But when it comes to Japanese bands in the world of music (i.e. consisting of all bands, not just japanese), Dir en grey is easily at the top of the list.
28iyxle.gif5y9tw7.gif

Dir en grey is easily at the top of the list.
ORLY? I hope you're joking about this.

Guest o hai itz will

^holding my quote out of context. When it comes to straight up Jap bands, look at my first part. But when it comes to Jap bands mixed in with the rest of the world, it's easily Dir en grey. It's not at all laughable as how much you kids think it is. Just think about it for a few minutes and you'll understand.

^holding my quote out of context. When it comes to straight up Jap bands, look at my first part. But when it comes to Jap bands mixed in with the rest of the world, it's easily Dir en grey. It's not at all laughable as how much you kids think it is. Just think about it for a few minutes and you'll understand.
i agree with you but you should put more bands with dir en grey and put the bands in the popular sites.

if you put bands with a popular band they will be popular too esp. if people like them too.

I think Dir en grey are decently appreciated; they haven't recieved any more or less than they deserve.

When it comes to recieving (or not) the recognition of the world, I don't see how they are any different from any other Japanese metal band. . . as far as I'm concerned, the world pretty much criticizes or flat out turns a blind eye to a good 90% of them, even if they are especially talented or successful in their own countries. Sometimes just because they are Japanese. (Which is sad and frustrating sometimes).

Sign in to follow this