Zeus

Disbanded Favorites/Bands That You Miss So Much

Dear god I miss Phantasmagoria and Megaromania more than I should...listening to some of their stuff takes me back to the days when i first started listening to V-K, Im not too broken up about NEGA cause TBS is here. Still their songs make nostalgia wash over me so yea, -OZ- needs to come back </3. They were amazing and Natsuki's vocals were the fucking stuff.

......PLEASE COME BACK CANZEL ;A;

this thread is nostalgic and depressing T_T 

I can imagine in a few months where bands that are here today will be added to the list. I miss phantasmagoria, luna sea, le christma chrima (i forgotten their name :( ) and raphael too. I have to check my playlist but theres tons more :D

oh piass is one i like also

Aicle. - i followed this band early in their debut and they instantly became a favorite. there will be no other band as unique and quirky in music as them.

As if in the darkness - i know a lot of people think the vocals are shitty, but i think they were a rather interesting band with good instrumentals. i would have really liked to see improvements in the vocals throughout the years too.

bis - maru is out of the scene and all the remaining members are in bands which i don't have much interest in...

ClearVeil - same as bis, the vocalist saki is no longer active while the other members have moved onto other bands of little interest. they were my favorite ucp band too....

Zodia - another good ucp band, and one that left way too early. while the vocalist did some solo works, i would have liked to see the band flesh out as Zodia.

Since1889 - after their disbandment yoshiatsu went on to form decent bands like crazy shampoo and dadaroma, but i think i would still prefer Since1889 over both.

L'eprica - i thought their missa album was rather boring, but i love all their preceding releases. raya's later band ANGRAYSE had really great songs, but D'efend Chroma is just awful and nothing like L'eprica.....

Black:List - they had too few releases, i liked them a lot :'(

meth. - wow i don't know what to say about this band.....one of my favorites back then. i hope the vocalist hasn't completely left the music scene because he has a great voice, especially in conjunction with a metal band like meth. but unfortunately i don't think i can count on him coming back in a metal band. :/

well, i listen to quite a number of disbanded bands but let me stop being sad now...........

D'espairsRay - my first male VK obsession.. HIZUMI was amazing, so sad he is not singing anymore.

CindyKate - Yui was so fun to listen to, so sad he is not singing anymore.

AYABIE (Yumehito vocal era) - I actually really liked Yumehito's voice (I did not like Aoi), so sad he is not singing anymore.

Dolly - actually they are "on hiatus" but it's been over 3 years and I feel like they will never come back. DOPPEL is good for my Mitsu fix and the songs are Dolly-like, but they don't release enough material.

amber gris - well, I felt like they ran out of steam towards the end, but I miss Temari & Koto.

lolita23q & DELACROIX - Both disbanded right after I started to like them.

ALDEBARAN & UnRealistic - disbanded way too soon.

There aren't a lot of vk bands I still listen to, but out of those I miss
12012 - I haven't been following them too closely  but some of their songs (opposed to the ones that are downright silly) are the perfect comfort food for me. They're one of these bands I wish I could see live.

Siva - They had a way too short lifespan and made too little music, half of which was singles and mini albums with the same songs ~_~ And I miss seing Cell play bass, though I have a feeling we'll see him again (I hope so).

Viored - same as above, way too short lifespan.

Metronome - Even though I like the members' solo project I would die to see Sharaku and Fukusuke in the same band again :/

And of course Sugar and EllDorado.

Siva - They had a way too short lifespan and made too little music, half of which was singles and mini albums with the same songs ~_~ And I miss seing Cell play bass, though I have a feeling we'll see him again (I hope so).

Siva :(

There are plenty on my list, but lately I've been missing D'espairsRay a lot. Hizumi was one of my favorite vocalists, and I'm quite sad they had to quit the way they did.

VII-Sense!

I also used to like a lot DELUHI and Megaromania, but holymoly, VII-Sense was for me the best Shaura's band </////3

(And I'm still waiting for XodiacK's comeback orz).

Kagerou

Vidoll

Megaromania

UnsraW

Rentrer en soi

Due'le quartz

Zodia

アンデット (Undead)

Lougenel

Kamikaze Shounendan

Dear bitch

hurts

Dali

DELUHI

The pumpkin head

Edited by Pikachu

This talk of Gackt reminds me that I miss old Gackt. (unlike other people, I could not stand Malice Mizer but I was a big fan of Gackt solo)

My favourite Gackt album was MOON, released back in 2002. The last music of his that I actually liked was from RE:BORN (2009). Nothing he's released since then has stuck with me..... except I really loved his version of Episode.0, but he didn't write that one.

I don't really miss bands, but i really want Malice Mizer back .

Rentrer En Soi was a pretty good band , I miss a bit them too. And i want new stuffs from Moi dix Mois

I don't really miss bands, but i really want Malice Mizer back .

Rentrer En Soi was a pretty good band , I miss a bit them too. And i want new stuffs from Moi dix Mois

M10M has announced a new album for this year, wonder if it'll be any good.

Due'le quartz

awh i'm glad someone else misses my favourite old band..

i wish sakito still had his blog.. when i was like 14 i always was like I'LL GO TO JAPAN AND SEE HIM SOMEDAY but now i live in japan and idk where he is since he doesn't post about his theatre shows or stuff anymore.. i still want to see him in person, it's my childhood dream..

I previously only mentioned the VK-related bands I miss... so here's a bunch of non-VK disbanded/inactive favourites.. Sorry if my description of their genres sucks. I'm not very good at distinguishing genres.

(The Old) Hamasaki Ayumi - The last album of hers that I really liked was NEXT LEVEL (2009). Since then her voice has kind of changed and it's not really to my liking anymore. It's kind of sad because she's basically THE reason I got into Japanese music back in 2003. I really obsessively loved her albums LOVEppears, Duty, I am..., RAINBOW, Memorial Address, and MY STORY. Such classics.

ATTACK HAUS - I'd be surprised if anyone here has heard of them. This band made some kind of awesome mix of rock/rap/electronic music. I am still obsessed with their albums ATTACK HAUS (2004), W8 (2005), and Life (2006).

fra-foa - If you ever wanted to hear a raw-voiced female singing/yelling as though she was in deep emotional pain, this was the band for you. Vocalist Mikami Chisako, at times, gave no fucks if she was on key or on time. Their album Chuu no Fuchi (2001) remains near the top of my all-time favourites list.

(The Old) BUGY CRAXONE - Long one of my favourites, this band has gone through many different phases, but the current one is not really appealing to me. They began as a heavily-produced alternative rock band back in 1999, themed around emo feelings. Then they progressed to a more stripped-down garage-punk band aesthetic in 2002, themed around sounding pissed off. Then they became a fairly mellow folksy band in 2012, themed around being super happy. I don't generally like folksy happy music, but I still buy their albums out of habit.

Aya (亜矢) - A very hard-hitting female rocker with a great voice. She was apparently heavily inspired by Kurt Cobain? Her last album was released in 2004. As I understand it, she did not like working with record companies and just ended up wandering around Japan playing random gigs.

D[di:] - This girl was terrible at singing, but that added to her charm. I think she was actually a "mixed media artist". She released two hard rock/punk albums (2003 & 2004) with a bunch of really cool artwork that she drew.

REDЯUM - They initially started out as "trip-hop". They had a pretty mellow, hypnotic style, and had a female vocalist that fit that style perfectly. Later became more of a conventional rock-ish band and therefore less good. Sadly disbanded in 2008.

school food punishment - Well, actually I never got super into this band. They had a few songs that I really liked. Great female vocalist, and a pretty cool keyboard-heavy style.

Plus, a long list of female pop/R&B singers that I really liked, but they only released like one or two albums before disappearing (as far as I know):

Hinouchi Emi

akane

SHY

mini

Kuriyama Chiaki (well, she's still acting, I think)
Shono Juli

Nobuchika Eri

SNoW

memento mori and Paradeis

On 4/7/2015 at 11:47 PM, anakuro said:

I'm counting bands that are on hiatus too. And this is mostly from just glancing at iTunes. There's more but these are the ones that stuck out the most to me for various reasons...

• Belmosaic (this one hit a lot harder than I thought it would...)
  • cocklobin (their last live was one of the best I've been to; I got a lot of closure with them there)
  • Heartless
  • kannivalism
  • boogieman
  • Hana Shounen Baddies
  • Billy
  • CodeRebirth (the first time I saw them was at their last live.........)
  • GHOSE (I got into them quite a while after the last time I saw them...........)
  • GLAMOROUS HONEY
  • Heisei Ishin
  • XA-VAT
  • 8-eit

I wanted to add baroque because baroque ≠ BAROQUE in my mind (says the person going to see them in June)

Related note: Oneness and Cradle are about to break up and I'm slowly realizing I'll miss them a lot more than I ever thought I would. Mostly because they've been so fun live. Cradle idk if I'll get into them recorded.

Well, three major additions for me: 

• Souiumono
  • Oneness
  • Cradle (also minor follow up: I did get into them recorded)

orz 

This past year was not kind to me..

Edited by anakuro

i'm the type of person who still like to listen the songs of my favorite bands that has disbanded like there's nothing's happened. though sometimes it brings so many memories back then lol :') 

彩冷える (before Aoi left the band and going solo)

Vidoll

Deluhi

Irokui

ドレミ團

ViViD

The Kiddie

v[NEU]

xTRiPx

Loud Grape

it's so sad when you're becoming a new fan of a band, and soon after that they announce that they're going to disband. and the feeling when you know your favorite bands going to disband in several months in a row hahahahhaha--- dat feels :'D

As a mod note I split the discussion about Malice Mizer into its own thread under the Rumors section  but I left all unrelated posts here.