Zeus

Disbanded Favorites/Bands That You Miss So Much

Hi i found it interesting to know wich of your favourite bands that disbanded you miss the most maybe give someone an advice for what to listen.

For me personally it would be:

Lolita23q

And Eccentric Agent

-OZ-

DELUHI

It's all so sad. I really miss these bands...

9GOATS BLACK OUT
NEGA

And -Eccentric Agent-
-OZ-
Signal
cocklobin (yeah, I know they haven't disbanded yet, but they will soon..)

La'Mule.

Weird because they were on hiatus forever and I didn't think they would ever return. However, when they did return it totally broke my heart that it was just for their disbandment.

Hmm, maybe EREMIA.

I still remember when they published the announcement on their disbandment on their official website. The background of the announcement was filled with roses. I think I saved it on my PC...

I am not a die hard fan of the band, but I used to like them very much in those days when they were around.

That's most of the Japanese bands I listen to lol

But I guess these would be the ones I miss the most:

Megaromania (or Metis Gretel, for that matter)

ClearVeil

La;Cen-zhow

Saruin

Zodia

May be too "indiefag" for some, but I don't care :/

I guess it's mostly because some of the musicians involved in these acts aren't currently in any regular bands. I especially miss the vocalists, Saki, Sutari and Maria. And I'm still hoping that ex-Zodia Yuu and Zodd will team up with ex-IRODORI/Aikaryu/Suzaku Shagrath (had a different name in Suzaku I think) and just make a band together 'cause I really dig these guys :(

-re:dis (fuck ryuuji, why you do this!)

-Zodia

-yaminade

-glow

-neth

-kalimero

-undead

-zxst

-xodiack

-the crime

-mar band (it, as if in the darkness)

-eile de mu

-dreqi x rudra ! was a big fan of them

-chest (one single little bad but special and i liked it)

-gaudie

and so more many  (W)

Maybe if people weren't being retards and instead of just listing things and y'know maybe explain why the bands they list are the ones they miss the most, this topic wouldn't suck so hard.

For me, it's a tough one because I love all my kawaii disbandments equally but I'd definitely have to choose Aliene Ma'riage though.

A lot of my favourites I think broke up before they turned into something awful, like I want to say Madeth gray'll but I bet if they continued they'd of just turned into some poppy group playing music that is nothing like the stuff that we all love em for. So perhaps their break up and many others is simply for the best. Ending before things got worse. (See: DELUHI and Vesailles)

As for Aliene, their album 21st Century was going cool fucking places. I wonder what they could have become if they stayed together. It was obvious they were moving away from their earlier concept and I bet if they stuck to their guns could have become a really cool and weird group.

....or it could have just ended up being Nega with Kyouka as vocalist instead of that shitty guy they had.

Maybe if people weren't being retards and instead of just listing things and y'know maybe explain why the bands they list are the ones they miss the most, this topic wouldn't suck so hard.

For me, it's a tough one because I love all my kawaii disbandments equally but I'd definitely have to choose Aliene Ma'riage though.

A lot of my favourites I think broke up before they turned into something awful, like I want to say Madeth gray'll but I bet if they continued they'd of just turned into some poppy group playing music that is nothing like the stuff that we all love em for. So perhaps their break up and many others is simply for the best. Ending before things got worse. (See: DELUHI and Vesailles)

As for Aliene, their album 21st Century was going cool fucking places. I wonder what they could have become if they stayed together. It was obvious they were moving away from their earlier concept and I bet if they stuck to their guns could have become a really cool and weird group.

....or it could have just ended up being Nega with Kyouka as vocalist instead of that shitty guy they had.

MIssion accepted.

It was back when I first was getting into Japanese music, I was one of the people who would lurk a blogspot and download everything that came up. Well, I one day downloaded D'espairsRay's Final Call single and didn't enjoy it much, because at that point I was trying to be "br00tal". Months went by but then during a trip my mother took to America(We live in Australia), she was in a Hot Topic and was listening to the music playing and thought I'd like it.

I remember her telling me this over MSN(Yeah, that was the shit back then), I heard her say Hot Topic and was immediately put off, but she assured me that this was the shit.

She had asked the person manning the till as to what was playing, they actually had to go out back as they didn't know, they wrote it down and gave the slip to my mom. My mom actually then went and bought all of their releases that she could for me and brought it back with her when her trip ended.

On May 29th, 2010 my mom was murdered, I was there when it happened. Immediately afterwards, I realized how empty my relationship had been with my mother and that we didn't bond much, but I still had all of D'espairsRay's music that my mom had bought me, it was one of if not the only thing I actually had gotten from her that I still had, so I got really stuck into the band, loving the hell out of Redeemer and Coll:set. Then came the news they were going on Hiatus and I was absolutely heartbroken.

So yeah, definitely D'espairsRay for me.

I agree that the other topic we had about this was kinda lame, since most people only dropped off a list of names with no explanations.

SO. I decided not to merge or lock this thread, although it seems to have a rather similar premise. However I will make it an requirement that people posting here write a bit more than just pure name-dropping. Tell us WHY you miss whatever bands you miss. If you just want to write down a long list of band names, use the other thread. ;)

There're more than a few I miss, but I'll only mention one: NEGA.

They were my favorite band, being their fan brings so many nice memories to me, especially their live. I was very, very lucky I could see them, and in order to get there (to the Netherlands) I achieved something in my life I've been trying to make for years, just because seeing them was a very good motivation to me. Without them and their small tour, it wouldn't happen. The concert itself is also a very nice memory, they will always have a place in my heart and I still hope these guys will come back and make some more music.

Metis Gretel.

I found the band in March of 2007 and I just loved them. The first song I listened to by them was Metamorphose.

It was sad when they announced they would be disbanding. Although I kind of didn't like the last release that came out before they disbanded. There were some good songs in there, but they felt different... Hard to explain why I kind of don't like that release much...

Kagerou

The band that got me into Japanese music. The first PV i saw was Yubikiri, wich was also the first time i saw Visual Kei.

This was around the time they announced their disbandment, so i was a bit to late. Was hoping they would come back in the future, but that's impossible now.

√eight

Great band, love Kyoutaro's raw voice. Their album ''illational'' is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I found them around the time Kyoutaro left, so i was kind of late.

Kagrra.

They were pretty unique in the V-kei scene blending traditional Japanese elements into rock music. They were on the softer side of the spectrum and Isshi had a nice voice. What makes this very sad is that there's no chance of a revival since Isshi died.

Them along with D'espairsray were also my earliest exposure to V-kei and bands I miss them most since I enjoyed both bands' music.

Kagerou

The band that got me into Japanese music. The first PV i saw was Yubikiri, wich was also the first time i saw Visual Kei.

This was around the time they announced their disbandment, so i was a bit to late. Was hoping they would come back in the future, but that's impossible now.

Wow! Kagerou was actually my very first Japanese band, got into them a month after they disbanded :(

BALLY, purely for Ryo's flawless vocals. They really hit the spot for me.

Leaves me with high hopes for SIREN.

The band that I miss most that is inactive now is Unsraw.

Their music was so striking to my ears, like it was definitely dark. However, they had a great blend of sounds. It wasn't just -core stuff probably due to vox.Yuuki's formal music training. I was so sad from their initial breakup that I couldn't listen to them for awhile. Now though that things with that resolved  well, their music has been on a constant playlist for me.

Wow that sounds ultra-melodramatic. In short, their music was some of the heaviest metal visual kei stuff I've ever heard, even now most bands don't have it.