Sign in to follow this  
TheBistroButcher666

What music can you never delete from your MP3 player?

I know some of you have 100 gig or more MP3 players so you get outta here! ha! Just kidding i luv u <3 Just be reasonable and not list like 800 bands.

Anyway, the most space I've had on mine is 16 gigs and is actually what I use now. There's some artists that I just never delete from mine because I always will go back and listen to them.

So what are some artists you can never ever ever delete from your portable music device or at least ones you've kept for months!

For me ~

Kuroageha

vellaDonna

Wintersun

Bear McCreary

Arkona

Nice thread!

I have a 20gb MP3 player which I have had for about 6 years now (and it is still going strong. Sony!<3 > Ipodgarbage), but for the first 3-4 years 20gb was enough, but I have come to realized that I need to change it for a 100+-gb MP3 player soon enough. 20 just isn't enough to be honest.

But to answer your question, I'll name the albums that have been there since they were first added (they have had to be on my MP3 player around a year at least).

Kagrra - Everything

Sigh - Everything

Merry - Modern Garde, Under-World

Boris - Akuma no Uta

Rentrer en Soi - The Bottom of Chaos

Sabbat - Envenom, Satanasword, Karisma

Peste Noire - La Sanie des siècles - Panégyrique de la dégénérescence

Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs

Alcest - Le Secret, Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde, Écailles de lune

Moonsorrow - Verisäkeet, V: Hävitetty

Negură Bunget - Om

Dvalà - If These Waves Were to Stay

And I'm sure there's more as well. But at least those as I can think of.

I know some of you have 100 gig or more MP3 players so you get outta here!

Leaves thread. =3

Actually even though I have a 160Gb player and I listen to tons of music the only things that I must have and never delete are my Do As Infinity and Alice Nine discographies. Everything else changes or would change if I didn't have the room to accommodate.

There is some songs and singles that I have never remove once i am transferred it into my mobile device, and when i am having new iPod or cell, i certainly will transfer these to my new gadget, even if i haven't listened to it for sometimes now. It is on "unremovable" status cos there is always sudden urge to listen to any of songs in this list, often after i hum it at a random time.

These are (mixed Western and Asian/Japanese, despite it is posted in J-rock topic):

- Dir en Grey (myaku and filth)

- Moi Dix Mois (solitude, ,)

- Malice Mizer (colour me blood red, gardenia, garnet)

- Fact - Merry Xmas Mr.Lawrence

- Lunasea (period album)

- L'Arc (honey)

- judy & mary (sanpomichi)

- gackt - metamorphoze

- Ayumi Hamasaki (A Ballad album)

- Utada Hikaru (can you keep a secret? automatic, deep river album, boku wa kuma, something with gold lol forgot the title)

- Suede (she's in fashion)

- Placebo (nancy boy, protege moi, running up that hill)

- Lady Gaga (paparazzi, love game, bad romance)

- Britney Please (me against the music, toxic, circus, womanizer, that song with "it's britney bitch" intro)

- Madonna (justify my love, miles away, sorry, paradise, ray of light, celebration)

- coldplay (God put a smile upon my face, til kingdom come, don't panic, viva la vida)

- keane (their two first album)

- bloc party (silent alarm and silent alarm remix album)

- gorillaz (rock the house, m1a1, slow country, green world, latin simone)

- whitney houston (i'm every woman, heartbreak hotel, my love is your love)

- macy gray (i try, she ain't right for you, that two songs i forgot lol)

- Bep (mas que nada, let get it started)

and

- lauryn hill - the miseducation of Lauryn Hill album

I have approximately 381GB worth of music (near 60,000 songs), but I only have a 1GB mp3 player that holds roughly 130 songs! LMAO! ;D

So yeah, I don't actually use my mp3 player very often, but whenever I do update it, I usually keep a few songs by Land of Talk on there...Elizabeth Powell <333333

I know some of you have 100 gig or more MP3 players so you get outta here!

Leaves thread. =3

Actually even though I have a 160Gb player and I listen to tons of music the only things that I must have and never delete are my Do As Infinity and Alice Nine discographies. Everything else changes or would change if I didn't have the room to accommodate.

lulz, I just didn't want a repeat of what this thread was going to turn into.

I have a 4GB player, but I never really fill it cause I usually end up skipping half the songs anyway.

I use it a lot though, because I can listen to it at work, and I listen to it when hiking or traveling by train.

What's pretty much always on it is Vali's album (accoustic folk/neofolk), because there is no other album that is more perfect for hiking than this, especially for autumn and winter hikes and it's some of the most beautiful music ever written at that. It's also good for work when I need to concentrate on my translations or whatever, because it's vocalless.

I don't have an mp3 player anymore. I used to have an 60GB iPod but I gave it to my mum, now I use my phone, which only has about 4-8GB of space for music, I forget, but artists I can't bare to leave off it include:

D'espairsRay, naturally

The Gathering

Katatonia

Ayreon

Devin Townsend Project

Sneaker Pimps

Utada Hikaru

KOKIA

Rurutia

Ellie Goulding

David Sylvian

More recently, XA-VAT because they make for awesome ringtones.

32 gigs for me :D About 1100 songs on it now. I can't seem to delete Utada's songs she made for Kingdom Hearts D:

4GB player here. I always have Golden Earring, LUNA SEA, DEAD END and D'ERLANGER on it. Not their entire discographies, the albums and songs change regularly, but the artists never leave.

But there is this one song that has been on it for a while now and I think it will be for a loooong time to come: SERAFINE by DEAD END. Beautiful.

I use my phone for music which has only 2 GB, so I have to change it often but artist I don't have the heart to delete (even if I don't listen to them very often) are:

Mucc

Billy Talent and My Chemical Romance (for more than 4 years already :D)

BUCK-TICK

Animal Alpha

Clint Mansell

Hans Zimmer

Seo Taiji

System of a Down

No discographies :D just songs I love the most

Oh, of course I've kept Utada Hikaru - Ultra Blue on my MP3 player for many years now. The ultimate pop album. Great songs, great vocals and an amazing production.

i never deleted the singles of the ff. artists in my 1GB cellphone

L'Arc- all singles

D'ERLANGER, kyo - all songs with PVs

DEAD END - all singles

BUCK-TICK - 3 singles

44MAGNUM - 2 songs

B'z - 5 singles

GRANRODEO - latest single

ANIME OP/ED - 22 songs

no discography

Today i cleaned my Mp3 player from... well everything! So while doing that, i checked which albums stood the test of time. I'm listing only visual-kei.

Dir en grey's Gauze, Macabre, Kisou and Uroboros. My favorite albums from those guys, and the ones that never get tired of. Especially the three last have a ethereal feel in them.

cali≠gari's 5-10, oh how i love these.

Kagrra's Gozen. I'm not sure anymore if this is my favorite album from them or not. I really can't decide at the moment, which is weird since Gozen sealed this position for itself a long time ago.

LUNA SEA - Mother. One of the best Vk-releases ever for sure.

Merry's Modern Gardegartewhatever, Peep Show and Nuchemical Rhetoric. <3

I only ever had a 36 GB iPod for my music and in the five-six year period I've owned it, it has only consumed about 20 GB at the most. I'm tempted to hoard a lot of music I've downloaded, but I get concerned about my computer's memory and have huge annual deleting parties where I painfully erase a bunch of junk from my hard drive.

A lot of the music I've actually purchased, whether in digital or CD form hardly gets removed. Most pirated stuff tends to disappear after a few months if I haven't gotten hooked on the artist by that time and made an effort to buy their music. Obviously all of my long-time favorite bands stick around a while on my player, so I'm not going to bother listing them out! GACKT and Coldplay have probably been on my MP3 the longest; even though I hardly listen to them any more, I fear one day I'll get really nostalgic and not have that music to go back to. I feel the same way with some artists I even currently dislike; there are some Miyavi, Diru, X Japan, and Malice Mizer songs that I've never had the heart to delete no matter how little I listen to them on a regular basis.

Also, I keep a bunch of mainstream rap and country artists on my MP3. Sometimes I get in spontaneous moods for those genres (despite the fact they are awful) and I like to have them available for those moments if I don't have the radio, lol!

Lately no matter how hard I've tried I cannot seem to remove Professor Fate's album "The Inferno", it's so amazing it cannot be removed. Plus, I have a slight obsession with anything and everything related to The Divine Comedy.

Cali gari, SEX-ANDRDOID and Merry are usually represented somehow in my mp3 player.

ive got some seperate folders for

X-Japan

hide

Gackt

Dir en grey

those i will never delete

then i have a folder with j-metal->loudness, sex machineguns, d.t.r.,paf, anthem and stuff i almost never touch this

then i have just a folder with lots of jrock/vk, dont really touch this, but delete older stuff or bands i dont listen that much and i change the order a lot, wich songs i hear first. right now its new maximum the hormone, new fact, new born, merry lives (their songs live are the best) and new luna sea

From my iPod I'm never gonna delete Limp Bizkit! They're my ALL the time favourite band and I can't imagine how would it be without them

The others that I'm gonna always keep:

Anthem

Dir en Grey

Maximum the Hormone

Korn

Sex Machineguns

and several others

No matter what, I just cannot delete anything from Dir en grey, Tha blue herb, swarrrm and most solo works from kenichi asai.

Sign in to follow this