Half of me wishes that they'll just hold one huge reunion tour and retire in glory, and pass the baton to the younger generation.

They've had their moment two decades ago. Taiji and hide aren't here anymore, it just doesn't feel the same. And it feels like they're trying too hard to fit in with Caucasians. There's a local slang for it here, somebody of Asian descent that tries really hard to fit in with Caucasians because it's...the "cool" thing to do. X Japan kind of gives of that vibe to me :(

The other half of me still has faith in the remaining members and I'd really love to see them get their act together -_-

Fans of Loudwire have voted X Japan the best live act.

http://loudwire.com/x-japan-win-best-live-band-tournament/

This is no small accomplishment. Loudwire is a US site with virtually no Japanese band coverage, and yet in a fan vote, starting with 32 artists and whittled down to a final 2, X Japan beat Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot and Pearl Jam. That's pretty good.

It's just a social media contest. Whoever has the most "fanatic fans" wins. I wouldn't even be surprised if Yoshiki himself or some manager arranges it. It's not the first band battle thing they've won.

You can purchase thousands of Youtube "views" if you wanted to. Buying votes for an online poll on a much smaller website shouldn't be very difficult at all.

Personally I love Jade.  I think its a fantastic song.  And I'm super pumped about their new album coming out.  I'd love to be able to see them live sometime.

Anyone here going to see them at Wembley Statium in London next year?  I might be able to!

*raises hand* Yup, I'll be there.

I bought a ticket just in case :D  Still not sure if I can actually go, but it's not expensive to fly from here.  That makes it a little more possible

Yeah well, I figured this might be the best thread to ask^^

But I'm surprised, I'd actually look deeper to find this thread, I'd have thought the band to be more popular on a vk forum.

Aren't they like the top-band of that genre?

14 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Yeah well, I figured this might be the best thread to ask^^

But I'm surprised, I'd actually look deeper to find this thread, I'd have thought the band to be more popular on a vk forum.

Aren't they like the top-band of that genre?

They are popular but they've become more of a joke/meme as of late.  Just check the news thread for their *cough cough* new album.

Edited by Mamo

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

ah yes, the one where DEG was supposed to appear, huh. Been waiting for it forever :D

Anyway, I suppose no-one's a diehard enough fan to answer my question? :x

I don't see any other X song sounding like that. Even with hide's screams it does seem like SMITB, the part that starts around 1:07 I think is the one in your snippet even tho it's lacking Toshi's vocals. 

It's actually not an X Japan performance, but a cover by Dir en grey^^

I already knew the setlist and since it was one of three songs that were covered, and the only one with a different vocalist than Kyo, it had to be this song. I just needed some last confirmation. So, thank you :)

10 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

It's actually not an X Japan performance, but a cover by Dir en grey^^

I already knew the setlist and since it was one of three songs that were covered, and the only one with a different vocalist than Kyo, it had to be this song. I just needed some last confirmation. So, thank you :)

Np, and wow that explains it.  Do you have a link to that? I'd love to hear it!

It's just that small part, sadly. But at the same concert, they did an -I'll- - [Cover] - Yokan acoustic set:

oh and I should probably mention that they also covered Rocket Dive^^

Edited by Seelentau

On 1/9/2018 at 11:52 AM, Seelentau said:

It's just that small part, sadly. But at the same concert, they did an -I'll- - [Cover] - Yokan acoustic set:

oh and I should probably mention that they also covered Rocket Dive^^

Damn bro I love your yt channel. :tw_heart: