Did anyone else listen to Yoshiki Radio the other day? Opinions?

Dang, I totally missed it! Did anyone record it?

On a different topic...I'm pretty hyped about next month...got tickets for their show in Berlin. After 17 years of being a fan (yes, actually half my life) I will finally be able to see them in concert.

And if I'm really lucky...I might even have work to do there. :)

There is a recording on Youtube of half the show. Not sure if you missed all that much since it was just an introductory kind of thing. He basically just talked about his background, what he does, and played "Jade."

There is a recording on Youtube of half the show. Not sure if you missed all that much since it was just an introductory kind of thing. He basically just talked about his background, what he does, and played "Jade."

Really? Wow...kinda...lame. Hm, I might go and search for it when I got the time. Thx anyway.

here's a question for you boys 'n gals.

I've noticed on a recent picture showing Yoshiki's drumkit the drumheads are no more than TAMA's factory ones.

I mean come on, does Yoshiki even take care of his own sound?

I've always noticed his kit sounds damn crappy for a band like his but I thought that was because the kit was acrylic.

I think the drums sound fine to be honest

Didn't buy Jade... never buy digital music

Probably gonna buy some other merch next saturday at their concert though... if they bring something cool

The Jade PV is awesome, it finally feels like a finished product, and the atmosphere is great

Haven't bought Jade...right now I must rely on this board to get my hands on music. xD

Will see them on Monday...haven't decided yet, if I will buy any merch.

any word on what merch they had at the gig?

I'm still waiting for the reports of friends of mine who were there.

5 days till Berlin. :oshi:

I have never listened to "Jade" up until now, believe it or not.

I liked the beginning a lot and I had the impression this was going to be a cool metal song, but once Toshi tried to belt out that ballady chorus it kinda plunged down hill from there. Pretty underwhelming for something anticipated for so long.

although he's no longer a member, he belongs with x. r.i.p taiji you were the coolest jrock cowboy ever! The baselines were so dynamic when you were around. keep rocking with hide up there.

^ Yeah, it's called Blood Red Dragon. First issue will be out on August 19, apparently.

In Japan, Yoshiki might as well be a superhero. But the drummer, pianist, and songwriter for the heavy metal band X Japan is still relatively unknown in the United States. To help rectify that, Yoshiki turned to a man responsible for creating countless American icons: Stan Lee. Enter Blood Red Dragon, a comic-book series created by Lee that stars Yoshiki as a rock-superstar-turned-superhero.

"It's a fictional story based on a real person who gets a power like nothing we've ever seen before," Lee says.

In the four-issue series, for which Spawn creator Todd McFarlane serves as creative director, an army of demonic cyborg creatures is attempting to eradicate the existence of music by targeting one musician after another. But when the baddies encounter Yoshiki--well, Lee sums it up best: "That'll knock the stuffing out of their sails." Talk about a killer drum solo.

(random preview pic)

It is just really funny to see Yoshiki doing everything BUT making music . . . which I thought was the whole point. But I guess whatever he thinks he needs to do to get out there. . .

It is just really funny to see Yoshiki doing everything BUT making music . . . which I thought was the whole point. But I guess whatever he thinks he needs to do to get out there. . .

LOL yup, if you want your band to be successful then you should make music right? Right? Whatever the case, I’ll keep my opinions to myself as I don’t really have much of a fond opinion of Yoshiki and his attempt to revive X Japan.

I have never listened to "Jade" up until now, believe it or not.

I liked the beginning a lot and I had the impression this was going to be a cool metal song, but once Toshi tried to belt out that ballady chorus it kinda plunged down hill from there. Pretty underwhelming for something anticipated for so long.

I find a lot of their stuff to be like this. Lost of energy and buildup with speed metal, to launch a ballad. For the most part I can accept it, Art of Life is likely my favorite tune right now from them.

Hoping the rest of the new album will have more rock, god knows they are capable of it.

^ I miss stuff like Sadistic Desire and Kurenai... but I know they won't ever make those types of songs again. Meh...

Yeah it's too bad those days are long gone. Anything pre-Jealousy were X's best days imo. Safe to say their 2011 album won't make it this year, and it's going to get delayed forever. I have huge doubts if it will even get released at all in NA.